Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shattered Earth: no one's Pokerole Campaign
Hi. I'm no one, and I'm a relatively new member to the roleplaying community. I joined the forums earlier this year so that I can take part in a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon styled Pokerole campaign led by @Dragonstrike. As I slowly familiarised myself with the mechanics of Pokerole, I grew very interested in this form of gameplay, so I started to look into it more. As I looked into it more, I started growing more and more enamoured with it, that I started to ache for a little more. I was already part of a PMD styled Pokerole campaign, but I still wanted to try out a Trainer oriented Pokerole campaign. I started speaking to Dragon about that, and I slowly started to gather more players. I started to write my story, and build the world in which the adventure was supposed to take place and finally, I made the first post a few minutes ago. Don't try to look for it on the forums, because it's not actually here xD. My campaign is taking place on Discord, because while it is also a play-by-post form of RPing, Discord offers a little more flexibility with time. Most people only check the forums once or twice a day, but are online on Discord for several hours at a time, which means it's more likely that several posts can be made in a day, offering a higher progress rate. There are some downsides to it of course. Discord doesn't offer the same text editing versatility as the forums do. As @PhantomUnderYourDesk pointed out, there's no changing font size or colour, which means that reading the messages may be a little bland/boring.

All of that aside: A little bit about the campaign. It's called Shattered Earth, as you can see from the thread name, and it's a story that focuses on two groups of legendaries that didn't receive the same attention as a lot of other legendary groups in the core series games: The Legendary Beasts and The Swords of Justice. The synopsis is as follows: A disagreement between the two groups of incredibly powerful Pokemon causes them to wage war on each other. The natural world is thrown into chaos as all the Pokemon in the world start choosing sides, while Keldeo is stuck in the middle as one of the only wild Pokemon who's actually trying to stop the fighting. The story focuses on four to-be-revealed characters as they journey through the Medinia region as they ally themselves with Keldeo in order to stop the fighting before all the Pokemon in the world tear it in half.

I've made a whole new set of rules and mechanics for the campaign, with a basis in the 2.0 rules. A lot of mechanics are incorporated into the campaign such as Mega Evolution, Z-Moves and Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing. I've also got a few other mechanics in mind such as a new form of Gym Battling. Instead of having each of the four players battle each gym leader, I've come up with a new mechanic to allow all of the players to Raid Battle the gym leader so that there is still a challenge for the players, while the pace of the game isn't affected too much. We've already done three test battles to help me refine the mechanics involved, so they should work great.

I made a video to explain all of my mechanics for the campaign and posted it on youtube for anyone who's interested to watch it:

https://youtu.be/YIaQRxo3PFA

You can also join my discord server to see the day to day posts and interact with the players with this link:

https://discord.gg/akWVTQ2

The player characters for Shattered Earth are:

SceptileScythe: Rex Kelker with a Treecko named Blade
Deeffect: Q with a Togepi named Hecate
Skullex: Spencer Stevens with an Oshawott named Yasuho
Dragonstrike: Natalia Warren with a Starly named Buster

I'm not currently looking for any new players.
I will update each character with their names and starter Pokemon as they are revealed.

And for those people who are interested in seeing what is happening in my campaign but do not want to join my server, don't worry, I'll be posting a summary of what happens each in-game day at the end of each in-game day. Some days will be very eventful, while others will be remarkably uneventful, but you can expect a post for each and every one of them, with hyperlinks to each day's post in this post.

I'm no one special. Also, here's a pupper pic:
[Image: image0.jpg]
....Huh, didn't expect you to make a campaign, but it's a nice surprise! Unfortunately I'm not too interested in participating in it, however, since it's being hosted in Discord (which gives me no end of headaches whenever I try using it) and I'm already involved in Dragonstrike's campaign. Still, I'm interested in seeing where yours will go , so I'm glad you're going to share a bit of what happens in the cloud chat down here in the forums! Best of luck with it all, mates, and hopefully your epic journey goes as grandly as it sounds!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Hmm interesting! I kinda playing on a few Campaigns already in Discord, but hey I curious to join in such interesting plot. So yeah, count me in with that campaign of yours!
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
I however might take a while to join ^^" I need to work on the story of my character before joining of your campaign.
Oh, thanks Windos. I'll definitely post the progress in this thread. And uh, I appreciate the offer spirit, but I'm not actually looking for any players at the moment. I've already written my story, and I kind of tailored it to four characters only. If one of them drops out though, I'll be sure to get in touch with you. Sorry about the confusion, I thought I did say that I wasn't currently looking for any new players. That part's on me.
I'm no one special. Also, here's a pupper pic:
[Image: image0.jpg]
Ah no problem mate! Enjoy your campaign and let us know how it is going too.
Enjoy playing and have lots of fun!~ And it's much appreciated that you'll share summaries of the in-game days in this forum. Discord-RPing isn't really mine, I enjoy my various colors and formatings in posts.

Spiritmon, even if not actively playing you could still join the server if desired to see the happenings first-handedly, I'm literally just there to from time to time read and give advice if needed. (aka not actively playing)
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Yup, feel free to pop on by if you're curious about what we're doing over there.  We only just started, so we've got a lot of content to get through. I'm having a blast already, though!
(09-22-2020, 04:24 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Yup, feel free to pop on by if you're curious about what we're doing over there.  We only just started, so we've got a lot of content to get through.  I'm having a blast already, though!

Mind if I ask you something Dragon? ARE you sure it is a good idea to joined in other campaigh? I mean, you already have problems to make posts in Primal Shadows due to your job IRL. To make things worse you are already a player in the Skull Ruins so this makes things a little difficult too.

Sorry to say this, but when it is about make posts in your campaigh, you sometimes take a lot and lot and lot of time to make updates in your campaigh. The first dungeon took almost 2 months for us to finish. Mount Coronet Mystery we been stuck in that ice house for almost months before we could have some action trully.

Sorry to bring this up to you, but go in some campaigh might not be the best choice. I was already wary towards your normal schedules in updates in Primal Shadows. And we already see how much time you take to make updates.
(10-01-2020, 12:03 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Mind if I ask you something Dragon? ARE you sure it is a good idea to joined in other campaigh? I mean, you already have problems to make posts in Primal Shadows due to your job IRL. To make things worse you are already a player in the Skull Ruins so this makes things a little difficult too.

Sorry to say this, but when it is about make posts in your campaigh, you sometimes take a lot and lot and lot of time to make updates in your campaigh. The first dungeon took almost 2 months for us to finish. Mount Coronet Mystery we been stuck in that ice house for almost months before we could have some action trully.

Sorry to bring this up to you, but go in some campaigh might not be the best choice. I was already wary towards your normal schedules in updates in Primal Shadows. And we already see how much time you take to make updates.

Posting stuff for PS takes a little longer because I have to reference a lot of data at once, and I'm best able to do that when at my desk at home, sitting in front of my laptop.

SE being run through Discord and not needing to keep track of more than just my character means I can keep on top of that a little more easily, so it shouldn't majorly impact updates to PS.

SR isn't really a major factor at this point since it's in the diceless postgame.  Not nearly as much pressure on keeping that game up to date.

In short, I should be able to manage.