Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SINGLE TOURNEY] Potato's Battle Royale!
As my other thread stated, Potato's Tourneys are also gonna be held mostly in the Breeders Collective's Discord Server, which can also be access through my signature. This is the link straight to the Tourney Rules channel for anyone interested.

This is the direct quote of said rules:

Potato's Battle Royale!!!

Hello and welcome everyone to my inaugural Battle Royale!!! This will be my first ever tournament held for the discord!!!

Signups End:  September 18th at 12:00 PM EST
Tournament Begins: September 18th at 1:00 PM EST

Brackets:

You are required to be in the tournament chat so that you can arrange matches and report the results to me.

Prizes: Top 3 Finishers will receive choice of one of the following Pokemon from my collection (check portfolio*)

ILLEGAL POKEMON
-Only Pokemon with illegitimate stats or moves are banned at this time

Rules
- Single battle lvl. 50
- Party of 6 Pokemon permitted, Matches will be 3 vs. 3
- Sets are best 2 of 3
- Double Elimination Bracket (Must lose 2 sets to be eliminated)
- No two of the same Pokemon are permitted in party
- Sleep Clause: Limit one foe put to sleep (Pokemon that fall asleep as a result of rest do NOT count against one for limit)
- Moody is banned
- Forcing endless battles is banned

To sign up, simply post in the tournament_chat server before the signup period ends and I will add you. Signups will end 1 hour prior to the beginning of the tournament.

Competitors:

Final Notes :
-Failure to report within 15 minutes of the tournament beginning will result in a disqualification
-Failure to respond to your opponent and play your set within the reasonable time frame will result in a loss for the match
-In the event of an unintentional disconnect, the match will be replayed from the beginning
-If I have reason to believe that match disconnects are being caused intentionally, you will forfeit the tournament
-In the event that players can not connect and complete their match, winner will be decided via coin flip.
WARNING!!!! DUE TO A GLITCH THAT CAUSES ITEMS TO BE DUPLICATED OR SWAPPED AFTER COMPLETING A BATTLE. EVERYONE SHOULD MAKE BACKUP SAVES BEFORE THE START OF THE TOURNAMENT AND RELOAD THE BACKUP PRIOR TO EACH FIGHT!

*Potato's portfolio posted on Breeders' Discord (most, if not all, of which are high IVs/competitive):
[Saved in US English] Smore - Sponee - Tricwe - Gligar (Jolly) - Comite - Chyinmunk (0 IVs) - Birbie (Timid) - Eevee - Duplicats (1 IV) - Glaslug (Modest) - Ekans (Adamant) - Barewl (Impish) - Jackdeary - Chicoatl - Dunsparce (Modest) - Frynai (Adamant) - Lotad (Calm) - Eletux (Modest)

You can sign-up for the Tourney either by replying to this thread and I'll relay the your name to Potato since he doesn't wanna have to sign up on this forum, or you could follow the various links throughout my posts and signature and sign yourself up in the #tournament_chat channel in the Breeders' discord server, which I recommended.
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord
This was the result of the last Tourney:
[Image: Screenshot_41.png]

Brackets: http://challonge.com/1lff0wn6
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord
Out of curiosity, would those who participated in the tournament be willing to post the teams that they used? I think keeping track of usage statistics is going to be important for evolving the metagame.
(09-19-2016, 03:20 PM)TwistedLogic Wrote: Out of curiosity, would those who participated in the tournament be willing to post the teams that they used? I think keeping track of usage statistics is going to be important for evolving the metagame.

Agree with your sentiment.

It would be very helpful to know what common pokemon players use in their teams, because when it comes to a competitive scene, knowing the enemy is the battle and a half! That, and I make guides for the comp scene, and I would like some more data to work with, ya know?
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650