Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When your sins crawl in you back...
[Image: a75.jpg]

The moment when you released a pokemon with no good nature and no good ivs....

Ps: Image its not mine. Credits go to KajuComics.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
This is both funny and incredibly sad all at the same time...

I guess this may be "novice breeder" talk, but I don't like releasing my hatched 'mons.  I usually send them into Wonder Trade in hopes they'll find a family that will love them and care for them... though chances are pretty good some of them are being released into the wild anyway, so... Blush
(12-06-2016, 12:17 AM)EeveeBailey Wrote: This is both funny and incredibly sad all at the same time...

I guess this may be "novice breeder" talk, but I don't like releasing my hatched 'mons.  I usually send them into Wonder Trade in hopes they'll find a family that will love them and care for them... though chances are pretty good some of them are being released into the wild anyway, so... Blush

Yeah. To feel better i try to think: "Well, its better to their go to the wild then stay imprissioned inside a PC. Besides, they can find peace with others of their species". Then i remember about their parents and what they would think if their real. I know its just a game, but i cant help but feel like a sick person.
This kind of thing was actually one of my inspirations to start writing pokefic and coming up with game ideas. Tyler's Search is about how pokemon families are hurt by trainers just going out and catching whatever they can. I was coming out with a game idea too that would have some different mechanics about releasing pokemon (you still could, but only in areas where they live naturally. And releasing enough of a species could make it become more common in the wild).
(12-06-2016, 10:17 AM)Polaris Wrote: This kind of thing was actually one of my inspirations to start writing pokefic and coming up with game ideas. Tyler's Search is about how pokemon families are hurt by trainers just going out and catching whatever they can. I was coming out with a game idea too that would have some different mechanics about releasing pokemon (you still could, but only in areas where they live naturally. And releasing enough of a species could make it become more common in the wild).

This would be interesting. And this could better to release the parents of the pokemon too. At least to make the family reunited. Also i heard about that fanfic you are making. I not read yet, but i like the concept ^^

(12-06-2016, 08:07 AM)Clueless Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 09:11 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: [Image: a75.jpg]

The moment when you released a pokemon with no good nature and no good ivs....

Ps: Image its not mine. Credits go to KajuComics.

Worry not! Precious Bottle-caps and Hyper-Training will prevent this ugly ending! Now, even if a pokemon's IVs aren't anything to write home about, one Gold BC or 6x silver ones, do the trick!

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Fallout...862457.jpg

I hope so. I feel like a horrible person when i do that Sad
I guess this is why I feel like, if the Pokemon world actually existed, that I personally would probably lean more towards being a Ranger than a Trainer.  Reason being:

Outside the game itself, I feel like Trainers would be more akin to hoarders than anything else (I saw a meme on Facebook something to this effect, another one of those kinda-funny-but-really-rather-sad cartoons like this one).  And I would imagine in a more realistic setting that Pokemon released after having been born into captivity or been with a Trainer long enough that they'd gotten used to -- and dependent on -- living with humans would have more difficulty surviving in the wild, much like many domesticated pets no longer have the instincts to help them survive long-term in the wild (not-so-fun fact: many people who buy real-life "Easter bunny" pet rabbits often "set them free" when they get tired of caring for them under the mistaken belief that natural instinct will take over -- it won't, and it's a very cruel fate for the rabbit! Sad ).

Rangers, on the other hand, don't traditionally "capture" Pokemon, but rather subdue them just long enough to help with whatever task requires it.  Since they're not under human control/dependency for very long before being released, they still have their wild-born instincts and are able to safely return to their natural habit upon release with no adverse effect.  In Fiore (aka: in the first Pokemon Ranger game), most Rangers are not allowed to even take them out of the local area of their natural habitat -- only the highest-ranked Rangers are allowed to do so.
News flash, we all just got chipmunked.
And they all danced for Sun Tzu..