Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Halloween Cocaran (Closed)
I am looking for Halloween Cocaran. Minimum level if possible (level 5)
(11-06-2016, 10:50 PM)Ovnidemon Wrote: I am looking for Halloween Cocaran. Minimum level if possible (level 5)

What do you offer?
IGN:Carlos Trainer ID: 30345 Online ID 221626
I thought you could not trade those, mate? I think the devs said that at some point...
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
No, it's that you can't trade to the same ID, so you can't make copies of your save file and put them up on GTS.

Tandor Casual League mountain gym leader.

All your DIP are belong to me.
(11-07-2016, 09:49 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: I thought you could not trade those, mate? I think the devs said that at some point...

Wiki advices graphically to NOT try to trade those with or to yourself. But I do wonder why in that case...
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
I got it. Thanks for the reply though
@PhantomUnderYourDesk, @Lord Windos, actually, trading to/with yourself is NOT actually against the rules, per say...
For the record, @Androziel was waving the ban hammer at people who clone their save and try to exploit GTS to get both Event Pokemon to one save without starting a new game and play until Kevlar.

I'll explain how it works since Andro explained it to me (when I asked him who he will ban and who he will not), but I have never done it and not planning to since it's illegal. Basically, what one would do is:
WARNING: What I am abt to explain is considered hacking, do NOT click "Spoiler" if you don't want to know
When one does this, the Deposit/Summary Button can get stuck in Summary forever making any further Deposit impossible, and if someone was to encounter this glitch, Andro will be laughing at their face before banning them instead of helping. But if you start a new game and play until Kevlar at the very least, you'll get a different ID on your save and trading between saves with different IDs is acceptable as well as not any different from trading with friends/other people. I, in fact, HAVE created a new save file and played until Kevlar to get both events pokemon to my main save, and I HAVE confirmed with Andro that different ID trading between saves, though does get frowned upon in certain cases, is NOT ban-worthy.
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord
@MonkeyLord83 Oh, thanks for the detailed information! Makes sense now...
I know that trading between selfcreated save files isn't cheating at all if they have different IDs, it's rather that I personally choose to abstain from it. Mostly because I find it a bit too risky, regardless of any "Duh, it's safe!" and "Here's exactly how it works! Not difficult at all." and because I already suffered two irreparable game/save file crashes in the past and lost dear Pokemon due to that... ah, memories~

.... how can a person be too lazy to play until reaching Kevlar Town, but be eager enough to take the risk of being stuck and eventually banned?! -_-
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Its called not think ahead, and people generally want to game the system in such a way that it always benefits them. Cheaters are going to cheat, though, and they can always create another save file/account if they get caught....
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650