Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different character outfits?/Surfboard?(SPOILERS)
Could there be different outfits for the game like when you go to Bealbeach City you get a swimsuit from a small quest there or from the gym leader or something like that, and when you go to Silverport Town and you just escape Professor Larkspur's laboratory a ranger gives you snow clothing and maybe after doing the Ninja Reunion side-quest you get a ninja outfit, ect. Stuff like that would be cool i think and maybe you can have a Contest for like how the outfits will look like or something like that.

Another thing is could we get the surfboard the ninja use after beating the pirates on Route 14 to get to Tsukinami Village, like how after that fight the ninjas take you to Tsukinami Village could you get a surfboard from the a ninja or Yoshitaka when you start the side-quest? and maybe other stuff from the guy under the market in Legen Town?(Am sure you guys are already trying to do a lot of stuff already and you already had these ideas, just could i have a small hit when it will happen?)
(11-15-2016, 12:03 PM)lke24 Wrote: Could there be different outfits for the game like when you go to Bealbeach City you get a swimsuit from a small quest there or from the gym leader or something like that, and when you go to Silverport Town and you just escape Professor Larkspur's laboratory a ranger gives you snow clothing and maybe after doing the Ninja Reunion side-quest you get a ninja outfit, ect. Stuff like that would be cool i think and maybe you can have a Contest for like how the outfits will look like or something like that.

Another thing is could we get the surfboard the ninja use after beating the pirates on Route 14 to get to Tsukinami Village, like how after that fight the ninjas take you to Tsukinami Village could you get a surfboard from the a ninja or Yoshitaka when you start the side-quest? and maybe other stuff from the guy under the market in Legen Town?(Am sure you guys are already trying to do a lot of stuff already and you already had these ideas, just could i have a small hit when it will happen?)

I do not see much need for a swimswit or any other type of clothing
Although I would like secondary missions in the cities of the leaders to know a little more of them (currently we only know the life of few)
The surfboard if that would be very useful
And it would be very good idea of a ninja mission instead of going with the guy of legend town
This game has many ways to add more missions and objects XD
[Image: uranium_team.png]
We actually get this request a lot, but sadly, the way characters are loaded in-game makes it nearly impossible to add custom outfits, even a very small collection of possibilities would take a completely unreasonable amount of time and work to complete.
Backup your saves, don't lose progress!
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium

Save Backups:
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium\Backups

OID: 000003 OT: Cody
BCRKangust 
Yea i understand we don't need different type of clothing i just thought it would look better if the girl character got winter clothing to not just Theo and the female character clothing doesn't look like it would be good in the snow. Plus playing on Nuzlock maybe they could add like stuff if you don't dress up in winter clothing when your in the snow places it will decrease some of your pokemon stats or using winter clothing on the beach would decrease to. I would just like to see different outfits for the game so I could feel like I don't look like everyone else in the game. I understand if they feel like there is no need for outfits and that is fine
But thanks for giving your thoughts on the outfits

Yea the only way i could see it being added him is if you added another option to the npc when you go do GTA or wondertrade for a option to "change outfits" when your just switching the character model and am don't know anything but am guessing it would at least take some people a good 3 months to get it all working if not more and if it never happens then its all good but i do see people asking about it and thought wouldn't hurt to ask and see myself
I'm not saying it's not a neat idea. I definitely think it would be cool! But it's a little unrealistic.

I'll do my best here to explain why! Tongue

Each of the 3 main Characters have their own set of 5 images that need to be loaded in order for the Character to operate normally. One for walking, one for Running, one for biking, one for fishing and one for Surfing. Each of these 5 images (Per Character. There are 15 in Total) have 16 different sets of motion.

Here's the Walking Image set for the male trainer as an example
Now keep in mind there are another 4 images just like that one just to make sure the character works normally. We would need to make 5 brand new sheets for every option of clothing and another for every combination of clothing. (Lets say person A just wants a shirt, while person B wants a new shirt and pants) This would eventually add up to hundreds upon hundreds of sheets, each of which take a considerable time to complete Smile

Cool idea? Absolutely! But can we do it? Probably not.

Save Backups:

I know you need a lot of images of characters to make working animations and even when you have all of that there could still be a problem like time to time it wouldn't look right or something like that am just saying you know how I said maybe you can have a Contest i was thinking when you were picking your characters how you have this?(i hope i did that right?)
i was thinking maybe you could have a contest to first get an idea(if you don't already have one) to get the base idea down then see if you could get some people that are willing to help in discord to see if they could make the image that won the contest to help you make the character set models for the game and people that helped get like outfit Designed by ---------- and made from --------- or something like that when you pick the outfit though i would think this would talk at least 4 to 5 months but it gives the people that want to help the game an opportunity i have seen some fan-art already and i think its really good so i would like to see what type of clothing ideas they could think up for the game but yea i know getting a contest going isn't a walk in the park either

btw sorry if i seem pushy with this i just want to give ideas i like to help and to be honest the new pokemon games they're cool but they didn't give me the old feeling of pokemon i had when i played on the gameboy versions of gen 1 to gen 3 after them idk but like this one reminds me of why i liked pokemon in the past soo much
Suggestions are always welcomed, I love to see how passionate people are about the series and see tjem share their ideas on how to make it better. However it's also my job to break some bad news every now and then. The Dev team still has a lot of work ahead of them and have a long list of priorities. Before we look onto other big projects, we have to ensure that the most vital components are working as intended. (Which is a difficult job with such a small team.)

Even with a contest (We actually have an art contest going on right now!) The team would still need to make sure it meets quality standards and loads well in-game. Which again, takes a lot of time! Smile

Save Backups:

Hey, a remote possibility is better than nothing, right? I agree that the team, as bogged down as they are, should be working on the core mechanisms of the game (Adding/fixing moves and making the online component more stable usable), rather than stuff such as this. Still, its nice to think people like this game enough that they are willing to put the time, effort, and testing to make different things possible, especially for frivolous things. Feels nice that the game has garnered such an audience~
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(11-15-2016, 08:03 PM)lke24 Wrote: BCRKangust 
Yea i understand we don't need different type of clothing i just thought it would look better if the girl character got winter clothing to not just Theo and the female character clothing doesn't look like it would be good in the snow. [....]

Yikes, I never thought of that... I bet poor Natalie must have gotten awfully cold in Snowbank!  Even Vitor is wearing a T-shirt... come to think of it, only Pluto seems to be dressed somewhat appropriately for cold weather (*thinking about the long-sleeved shirt*), but even they're wearing shorts, aren't they? Undecided