Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Nuclear Breeder/Day Care
While on the breeder discord a couple days ago, it occurred to me that there is no way to legitimately breed a 6IV nuclear Tancoon. On top of this, there are certain nuclear pokemon that are unavailable post-game. For shiny collectors, they have to be extraordinarily lucky to get that rare palette swap before it becomes lost forever. For breeders, having the ability to get something like nuclear Barand or Baashaun post-game would be nice. 

The solution? Nuclear Breeder Nep! (As in Neptunium.)

As an experienced breeder, he had grown a little weary of perfecting the same pokemon over and over again. He was up to his armpits in 6IVs of every type and species. Then the day came when he saw a wild nuclear pokemon. From then on, he became obsessed interested in breeding nuclear pokemon. That led Nep to setting up shop close to one of the power plants (probably Zeta or Omicron). He breeds pokemon in a little area where the radiation hasn't been completely eradicated yet, but it's not saturating the air in in harmful amounts. (Still, he has plenty of those iodine tablets on hand.)

He wants to breed 6IVs (and maybe even 0IVs Tongue) of nuclear pokemon, despite the danger involved from untreated, freshly-hatched little mutants. For a fee, he'll let you drop off your pokemon and you can get whatever eggs they have. His day care is much more expensive than the mom and pops place on route 9 (2X to 5X more), but you have a chance of getting a nuclear version of the mother you dropped off.

Alternatively, Nep could have the ever elusive 6IV Duplicat so all you would have to do is drop off one pokemon instead of two for the money you'll have to eventually fork over.

As a bonus, Nep could even sell you nuclear pokeballs, which would be great as there is currently no way to buy them, and the only option available is to use the ability Pick Up with a high level pokemon to get them at random.

Bonus bonus idea: he could take any eggs off your hands if you decide you don't want them. However, they must have been obtained from the regular day care.

I realize there are not nuclear variations of every pokemon, and even trying to fill out the blanks would take a lot of time and effort. However, for the available nuclear pokemon, this would be interesting. If nothing else, a place to buy nuclear pokeballs would be fantastic since most people don't seem to use them up.
While I really like how you seem to have thought through the issue instead of simply claiming "We need a way to breed more Nukemons, whee!", I'm saying it again, I'm rather against the breeding of instable Nuclear Pokemon. Stable ones, yes, but instable ones, hell no. There's also a yet existing discussion of the issue if you'd like to read through it - you can find it here.

"For breeders, the ability to get something like nuclear Barand or Baashaun post-game would be nice (...)" My question is, why? Is there any good use to those? The only really good instable Nuclear one I do know of is Jerbolta.

"Alternatively, Nep could have the ever elusive 6IV Duplicat (...)" No. It would be rather unfair if he did and spoil the field of breeding.

"As a bonus, Nep could even sell you nuclear pokeballs (...) Well, having the option to buy those somewhere would be indeed nice. But if ever, it will probably be at the highest floor of the Bealbeach Department Store.

"He could take any eggs off your hands if you decide you don't want them (...)" Uh... why would anyone don't want to keep/hatch the eggs received at the Daycare?
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Well, if I wind up with eggs I don't want, it would be because I've already hatched my 6IV breeder male in a particular group and don't want to bother hatching the 1-4 eggs left, i.e. what will probably happen once I wind up with my 6IV male Tonemy.  But for those situations, WT comes very much in handy!

I agree with Phantom that acquiring a 6IV Duplicat -- while incredibly nice -- would be a breed-breaker.  Yeah, it makes life a lot easier, but part of what I personally enjoy about breeding is the challenge of it (I may be in a minority here, but I don't care).  However, the ability to get a Duplicat with 1-2 guaranteed IVs (actual stat placement being random, maybe like a lottery system?) would be great, as I don't exactly relish the thought of tromping around Route 13 for days and days trying to catch Duplicats if I want to venture into that brave world known as "genderless breeding". Confused 

Beyond that, I love the idea of being able to breed Nuclear Pokemon, especially for the obsessive collectors.  I would love nothing more than to have a shiny Nuclear to call my own, even if it would be practically unusable for me at the moment.  But only Nuclear/Nuclear breeding... I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my precious healthy parent Pokemon in an irradiated zone for the chance of producing Nuclear offspring -- what if they get corrupted and go feral on me?  (I'm sure the breeder knows what he's doing and wouldn't let that happen, but my character is a little protective of their 'mons now after having seen what the radiation did to the wild Pokemon, and is just a tad bit scared of that happening to their beloved team members... Cry )
On the issue of Duplicat, let me make this clear: the user would not get the 6IV Duplicat! It would solely be Nep's, and only used as a substitute parent if two are not used. Furthermore, it could only ever be mentioned that he has it. You wouldn't ever have to see it. 

Quote:"My question is, why? Is there any good use to those? The only really good instable Nuclear one I do know of is Jerbolta."

Those were just examples. Nuclear pokemon as a whole aren't very practical given their weakness to just about everything, but dang it, it'd be nice to have some more breedable nuclear pokemon in a game called Pokemon Uranium. Plus: collectors. 

Anyway, the pool of breedable Nuclear pokemon is pretty pitiful at the moment. Nucleon is the instant win button, yes, but it will likely be barred from competitive battles down the line. Hazma and Geigeroach have their base stats outclassed by other pokemon. This leaves Xenomite as the only other Nuclear pokemon worth investing in for fights. 

Honestly, having a strong nuclear pokemon is a gamble, but it'd be super interesting to have something like a jolly Baariette decimating foes. Its weaknesses wouldn't matter for long if it could get a nuclear move in there fast enough. (And have you seen Theo's Nucleon?? Extra protection against that thing is always welcome if your pokemon is slower than it. Or if an online opponent has a Nucleon with focus sash.)

As EeveeBailey said, having a way to give up leftover eggs would make things easier. I'm currently trying for a 6IV female Flager, and I'm not looking forward to dealing with the leftover eggs once one is hatched. I don't completely agree with WT, though, as I've sent eggs back before that I didn't want to hatch.

Corrupted offspring and parents is a legitimate concern though. Seeing as Nep has the stuff for helping out with minor radiation exposure, it'd probably be alright in the short term. As for stability amongst offspring, I can imagine how bothersome it would be to go back to Bealbeach City to cure them. So perhaps the hatched pokemon aren't feral.
Hmm... Actually, if the parent was already a stable nuclear type, there wouldn't be any worry whatsoever. DNA mutations would be passed down and although the babies would glow like nightlights, they won't tear your face off. The devs would likely have a slightly easier time coding restrictions as they would just have to include only pokemon with Nuclear typing (minus Hazma, because Nep says so Tongue).

Down the line, if more nuclear variations are added, it can be said that the eggs are mutated from the radiation (as that's why Nep chose the area in the first place - just enough radiation for a chance at a mutated egg without getting a Xenomite).

That nuclear discussion stopped about a month ago. Unsure if I want to revive it.

That being said, what Nep's doing could probably be considered illegal, yeah. I suppose you could have a choice in ratting him out though. *shrug*
I disagree with breeding unstable nuclear types on principle AND competitively wise, since the process has... unfortuante implications for both. Breeding Nuclear 'mons just introduces more radioactive Pokemon into the ecosystem, which is never a good thing given its effects on EVERYTHING. While the same could be said of stable types, I assume that they don't leak radiation or are feral like the unstable types, so while a little leery, it is ultimately acceptable. That, and there is always the risk that they could escape from Nep and reak havok, or worse, a egg produces something that is niether Xenomite or a corrupt Nuclear Pokemon. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Gameplay wise, if you could IV breed unstable Nuclear types, their is a good chance that they would end up breaking the meta over its knees. While fragile as heck, a (Fixed) Fallout from Xenoqueen could quickly correct that problem, leaving the opponent against a team that has access to both lethal stats AND moves with minimal weakness to counter. Nucleon's going to get banned for just because of that, so I'd imagine that corrupt mons would get the boot as well if they were able to be IV breed. Which would not be good for anyone interest in using them. The only thing that is balancing those wild Nuke mons right now is the fact that it is bloody hard to get one with juuuuuuust the right stats and nature, so taking away that would make them a whole lot easier to break.

The only solution to corrupt nuclear breeding I see is just making a child born from such an union have random IVs no matter what, with just nature and egg move being modifiable for them. Would be interesting see how people would react to that....
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(11-17-2016, 04:26 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [....]

The only solution to corrupt nuclear breeding I see is just making a child born from such an union have random IVs no matter what, with just nature and egg move being modifiable for them. Would be interesting see how people would react to that....

Hmmm... actually, in some ways that kinda makes sense.  Basically, that could be achieved by the Destiny Knot simply not working on them.  Since the radiation corrupts their minds and keeps them from bonding with people -- either their Trainer as they don't listen to commands, or Rangers as the Stylers don't affect them -- it only makes sense that the Destiny Knot (which also works on a bonding level) doesn't work on them either.

You could still transfer some IV's with the power items, but since you can't use the Destiny Knot, it would be nearly (if not entirely) impossible to create a perfectly IV-bred Nuclear Pokemon that way.
I don't think it's likely to ever be possible to actually do it legibly in the future... This was brought up many times already and it has always been shut down so far. One of the main argument is that the main character is hailed by all as the hero who stopped the nuclear disease to spread further, it'd be pretty villainy, or at least, hypocritical of him/her to go breed Nuclear pokemon on purpose Tongue
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord
(11-17-2016, 09:05 PM)EeveeBailey Wrote:
(11-17-2016, 04:26 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: [....]

Hmmm... actually, in some ways that kinda makes sense.  Basically, that could be achieved by the Destiny Knot simply not working on them.  Since the radiation corrupts their minds and keeps them from bonding with people -- either their Trainer as they don't listen to commands, or Rangers as the Stylers don't affect them -- it only makes sense that the Destiny Knot (which also works on a bonding level) doesn't work on them either.

You could still transfer some IV's with the power items, but since you can't use the Destiny Knot, it would be nearly (if not entirely) impossible to create a perfectly IV-bred Nuclear Pokemon that way.
The Destiny Knot being rendered useless makes sense, and randomized stats would be kind of cool.

(11-17-2016, 11:44 PM)MonkeyLord83 Wrote: [...]

I don't think it's likely to ever be possible to actually do it legibly in the future... This was brought up many times already and it has always been shut down so far. One of the main argument is that the main character is hailed by all as the hero who stopped the nuclear disease to spread further, it'd be pretty villainy, or at least, hypocritical of him/her to go breed Nuclear pokemon on purpose Tongue
Aahhh there is that. Sure we can breed hundreds of Jerbolta, Flager, Eevee, and dozens of other pokemon, and it has no impact whatsoever in-universe. (At this point, my character would have clogged the stream with Glaslugs and created a very serious Jerbolta problem for Legen.) But add in nuclear pokemon, rabid or not, and there's a problem.

The only thing I can think of that could justify such a hypocritical path, would be if there was a side quest involving Nep where you could indulge in being a little...gray on the morality meter.

It's late, so here's a quick example
It's complicated, but Monkey's right: your character is lawful, and if you're going to hatch nuclear pokemon, you'll have to prove that you're ready to put aside your morals just this once for the sake of breeding. Unless it's alright to ignore all of that for something that won't actually impact Tandor in-universe. *shrug*

Will think on this some more later.
Well, considering I don't know what happens end-game as far as if somehow the environment gets completely repaired after the meltdowns at Epsilon and Zeta... but perhaps you could "lawfully" be allowed to breed a limited number of Nuclear Pokemon (say, one or two per species, or maybe 10-15 overall) strictly for "research purposes".  Since radioactive contamination doesn't go away very quickly (as proven by a nice variety of real-world examples), then perhaps limited breeding could legally be useful for a Pokemon researcher (like the hero, working under the supervision of Professor Bamb'o) to study in a controlled environment how the lingering contamination can affect the Pokemon currently living in the Hazard Zone and their future generations.  Of course, game logic may very well contradict this, given how quickly Epsilon was re-inhabited after the first meltdown there... Rolleyes

Perhaps also, to keep from the hero "going over to the dark side" and potentially harming the environment, make it to where they would not be allowed to release these bred Nuclear Pokemon into the wild... or if you no longer need/want them, make it to where you would have to turn them over to the Rangers so they could relocate them on Epsilon, which (being an island) would keep them safely contained and prevent further damage to Tandor's environment.
Ah, it's nice to see that this issue is serious, and plays around with the player's morals and personal beliefs. ^-^

(11-16-2016, 10:25 PM)SmashyQ Wrote: On the issue of Duplicat, let me make this clear: the user would not get the 6IV Duplicat! It would solely be Nep's, and only used as a substitute parent if two are not used. Furthermore, it could only ever be mentioned that he has it. You wouldn't ever have to see it. 
(...)

I know. Via "spoiling" I meant that I would find it rather unfair that he would own something that the regular player would never have, unless they'd engage in cheating. (Should have made it more clear in the first place, sorry) It would make Nep... even more of a cross-border commuter.

About those unwanted eggs - I guess it depends on one's way to spam for eggs and chainbreed, then. Since I never had any eggs I wouldn't want to hatch, neither in the official games. Or it's just me being finicky... if ever, I'd wondertrade them though, but if you don't enjoy that as you stated, the possibility to give them away to an NPC after obtaining them would be handy.

The collectible aspect - it would indeed be neat to hatch a shiny nuclear-corrupted Pokemon ... but given the boxes filled with non-shinies of the same or even several species, I'm not that sure anymore whether I'd be happy with that thought... Same goes for breeding them in general. Feral or not, they're still instable and corrupted, and should be treated with caution and a sense of responsibility. (At least that's what I think) It's not like I don't own a couple of them by myself, though. However,  it's a on a totally different level whether you own several boxes of the same Pokemon, even if it'd be something morbid like Chainite, or of unstable creatures leaking radiation. (I agree on the point that the stable ones are no harm to the ecosystem.)

(11-16-2016, 10:25 PM)SmashyQ Wrote:

Well, true story... Pokemon Logic. ._.

That thing about Destiny Knot made useless in that case would definitely make sense. But the nature nevertheless determines quite much whether a particular Pokemon becomes strong or weak. It wouldn't be a suprise if most of the allowed Legendaries found in higher tiers would likely get banned if they'd be breedable.

(11-17-2016, 11:44 PM)MonkeyLord83 Wrote: (...) The main character is hailed by all as the hero who stopped the nuclear disease to spread further, it'd be pretty villainy, or at least, hypocritical of him/her to go breed Nuclear pokemon on purpose Tongue

Lolz... they took an example from their mother. CURIE's successor.

(11-18-2016, 12:33 PM)EeveeBailey Wrote: (...) but perhaps you could "lawfully" be allowed to breed a limited number of Nuclear Pokemon (say, one or two per species, or maybe 10-15 overall) strictly for "research purposes". (...)

Who would make sure then that that one person stops after that, and doesn't secretly keep on breeding them? In my RP, I solved this issue with a whole research facility where several of those unstable ones are contained in a restricted area, and doing anything with them that's not intended will be punished with harsh disciplinary actions.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`