Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Mega Pokémon Discussion
(11-21-2016, 04:58 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: (...) And Phantom, taking the opportunity, do you have a Mega you would like to see?

You want to hear my honest opinion on Mega Evos, huh? Better keep it for myself, because I bet you won't like it. Just keep on, don't mind me.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(11-21-2016, 05:09 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 04:58 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: (...) And Phantom, taking the opportunity, do you have a Mega you would like to see?

You want to hear my honest opinion, huh? Better keep it for myself, because I bet you won't like it. Just keep on, don't mind me.

Pleeeeeeeease. pls, pls, plspls, plsplspls, plz. Pretty Please! Heart Smile
(11-21-2016, 05:11 PM)Nylon Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 05:09 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

You want to hear my honest opinion, huh? Better keep it for myself, because I bet you won't like it. Just keep on, don't mind me.

Pleeeeeeeease. pls, pls, plspls, plsplspls, plz. Pretty Please! Heart Smile

Please Phantom. I promise i wont complain. If you dont like or not, you are free to have your opinion, but we would like to hear to hear your honest opinion please.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(11-21-2016, 05:11 PM)Nylon Wrote: Pleeeeeeeease. pls, pls, plspls, plsplspls, plz. Pretty Please! Heart Smile

(11-21-2016, 05:17 PM)Spiritmon Wrote: Please Phantom. I promise i wont complain. If you dont like or not, you are free to have your opinion, but we would like to hear to hear your honest opinion please.

Stop looking at me with such puppy eyes, please... [Image: tumblr_ng1e6ygLv81so18vqo1_500.gif]
OkayOkay, I'll send a pm to both of you. I prefer not to share it on the forum.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(11-21-2016, 02:36 PM)Nylon Wrote: If I were to make a mega for Luxray I think it would be like this:
[Image: tumblr_mz01y2F2FL1scncwdo1_500.gif]------------------>     [Image: 26f7b938e8699c90ae6871cff753ee16-d7o3egm.png]

Type: Electric/Dark

The abilty would be preferably be "Seperiour Aura" which lowers sp.atk just like intimidate, but for sp.atk.
But since people wouldn't like if I just gave everyone a new ability I'll go with Stake Out (the eyes...) or Galvanize (it learns quick attack).

So, ability: Galvanize or Stake Out

And the stats will en up like this:
HP:        80
atk:        144   (120+24)
def:       99      (79+20)
sp.atk:   95
sp.def:   99      (79+20)
spe:       106    (70+36)

The only sad thing is that lux dosen't get pusuit...

Stakeout is an interesting ability that could have had potential. Sadly it's been given to Yungoos line only. However, on this Mega Luxray it could be viable. On the other side, Galvanize is definitely better. It gives Luxray a really powerful Return, and if you want to nuke, just give it Giga Impact. Combined with Luxray's fang coverage, pretty neat. Shame it doesn't get Pursuit though, yeah. Or Knock Off or Sucker Punch for that matter, since those are the most useful Dark-type moves.

On that note.

[Image: hitmonchan.gif]

Mega Hitmonchan

Type: Fighting
Ability: Scrappy
HP: 50
Attack: 105 -> 130 (+25)
Defense: 79 -> 120 (+41)
Special Attack: 35
Special Defense: 110 -> 119 (+9)
Speed: 76 -> 101 (+25)

This Mega Hitmonchan is bulky, which is the point of its creation. Iron Fist was lost as its ability, forcing Hitmonchan to lose power on moves like Drain Punch and Mach Punch, but a boost in Attack compensates for that. Instead, Hitmonchan now received Scrappy as its ability, giving it the chance to now hit Ghost-types with its Fighting-type moves as well, which is a major boost because a lot of Ghost-types were able to wall Hitmonchan before. Moreover, Mega Hitmonchan is would be the only Scrappy Rapid Spinner, giving it the chance to remove hazards at will, and not being walled by Ghost-types in the process.

However, even with Scrappy, Mega Hitmonchan is still vulnerable to Ghost-type Pokémon, as a lot of them carry Will-O-Wisp, which completely cripples it. The point of Scrappy is that Ghost-types don't have a free switch in Hitmonchan anymore, and that Rapid Spin can be used at all times.

While a Rapid Spin set is a possibility, with these stats Mega Hitmonchan can pull off Bulk Up sweeps as well.

And of course, if we have Hitmonchan.

[Image: hitmonlee.gif]

Mega Hitmonlee

Type: Fighting/Dark
Ability: No Guard
Attack: 120 -> 145 (+25)
Defense: 53 -> 63 (+10)
Special Defense: 110 -> 130 (+20)
Speed: 87 -> 132 (+45)

I might have gone a little overboard with the Speed and Attack. Oh well. I got the idea of a Fighting/Dark-typed Mega Hitmonlee... Man, I dunno even when. It just hit me, and then I remembered that it actually had Knock Off. Together with the moves High Jump Kick and Stone Edge, both of which will always hit now due to No Guard, Mega Hitmonlee has access to a very powerful movepool.

No, really. Those moves hit hard, especially combined with the fact that Mega Hitmonlee also gets Bulk Up. Sadly no Swords Dance, but hey. Does this thing need it. While it gets hit hard by some priority moves (Mach Punch, Gale Wings), Mega Hitmonlee can also shrug off one of the most prominent priority moves (Sucker Punch) without a problem.

Hitmonlee already had some troubles with Fairy, but thanks to its new typing, that problem skyrocketed. Though with the help of teammates and possibly Iron Head, Mega Hitmonlee could be able to deal with it.
(11-22-2016, 03:44 AM)Morshu Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 02:36 PM)Nylon Wrote: If I were to make a mega for Luxray I think it would be like this:
[Image: tumblr_mz01y2F2FL1scncwdo1_500.gif]------------------>     [Image: 26f7b938e8699c90ae6871cff753ee16-d7o3egm.png]

Type: Electric/Dark

The abilty would be preferably be "Seperiour Aura" which lowers sp.atk just like intimidate, but for sp.atk.
But since people wouldn't like if I just gave everyone a new ability I'll go with Stake Out (the eyes...) or Galvanize (it learns quick attack).

So, ability: Galvanize or Stake Out

And the stats will en up like this:
HP:        80
atk:        144   (120+24)
def:       99      (79+20)
sp.atk:   95
sp.def:   99      (79+20)
spe:       106    (70+36)

The only sad thing is that lux dosen't get pusuit...

Stakeout is an interesting ability that could have had potential. Sadly it's been given to Yungoos line only. However, on this Mega Luxray it could be viable. On the other side, Galvanize is definitely better. It gives Luxray a really powerful Return, and if you want to nuke, just give it Giga Impact. Combined with Luxray's fang coverage, pretty neat. Shame it doesn't get Pursuit though, yeah. Or Knock Off or Sucker Punch for that matter, since those are the most useful Dark-type moves.

On that note.

[Image: hitmonchan.gif]

Mega Hitmonchan

Type: Fighting
Ability: Scrappy
Attack: 105 -> 130 (+25)
Defense: 79 -> 120 (+41)
Special Defense: 110 -> 119 (+9)
Speed: 76 -> 101 (+25)

This Mega Hitmonchan is bulky, which is the point of its creation. Iron Fist was lost as its ability, forcing Hitmonchan to lose power on moves like Drain Punch and Mach Punch, but a boost in Attack compensates for that. Instead, Hitmonchan now received Scrappy as its ability, giving it the chance to now hit Ghost-types with its Fighting-type moves as well, which is a major boost because a lot of Ghost-types were able to wall Hitmonchan before. Moreover, Mega Hitmonchan is would be the only Scrappy Rapid Spinner, giving it the chance to remove hazards at will, and not being walled by Ghost-types in the process.

However, even with Scrappy, Mega Hitmonchan is still vulnerable to Ghost-type Pokémon, as a lot of them carry Will-O-Wisp, which completely cripples it. The point of Scrappy is that Ghost-types don't have a free switch in Hitmonchan anymore, and that Rapid Spin can be used at all times.

While a Rapid Spin set is a possibility, with these stats Mega Hitmonchan can pull off Bulk Up sweeps as well.

And of course, if we have Hitmonchan.

[Image: hitmonlee.gif]

Mega Hitmonlee

Type: Fighting/Dark
Ability: No Guard
Attack: 120 -> 145 (+25)
Defense: 53 -> 63 (+10)
Special Defense: 110 -> 130 (+20)
Speed: 87 -> 132 (+45)

I might have gone a little overboard with the Speed and Attack. Oh well. I got the idea of a Fighting/Dark-typed Mega Hitmonlee... Man, I dunno even when. It just hit me, and then I remembered that it actually had Knock Off. Together with the moves High Jump Kick and Stone Edge, both of which will always hit now due to No Guard, Mega Hitmonlee has access to a very powerful movepool.

No, really. Those moves hit hard, especially combined with the fact that Mega Hitmonlee also gets Bulk Up. Sadly no Swords Dance, but hey. Does this thing need it. While it gets hit hard by some priority moves (Mach Punch, Gale Wings), Mega Hitmonlee can also shrug off one of the most prominent priority moves (Sucker Punch) without a problem.

Hitmonlee already had some troubles with Fairy, but thanks to its new typing, that problem skyrocketed. Though with the help of teammates and possibly Iron Head, Mega Hitmonlee could be able to deal with it.

A incredible of moves, abilities and a wise distribution of stats. Not to mention the new typing to Hitmonlee. Really incredible.
Another mega evo I'd like to see would be Mega Butterfree    Beedrill got one, so why shouldn't our beloved Butterfree do...?

[Image: giphy.gif]  ---------------->    [Image: mega_butterfree_concept_by_duducaico-d93dnok.png]

type: Bug/Flying --> Bug/Psychic

Ability: Simple

Base stats:

HP:       60
Att:       55  (45+10)
Def:        80  (60+20)
Sp.Atk:  105  (90+15)
Sp.Def:  93  (80+13)
Spe:      112  (70+42)
   BST: 495

Butterfree always wanted to be a psychic type. And with mega evelution, it could be possible!
The ability is mostly for the quiver dance, but also to make our exotic butter (...) more unique!
Quiver Dance + simple is really strong! But, this pokemon won't come any higher than OU.
I'm pesimistic due to the lack of tankiness that butterfree has. While it get a huge boost in speed it's very voulnerable before it has
mega evolved, and when it dosen't get a free switch. Bug/Psychic is cool, but not very good at resisting...
Butterfree gets very strong once it got that quiver dance up, but before that... it might have a bad time.
And if a steel type comes in it has only shadow ball or sleep powder do use.

There are many good ways that you can utilize this mega, for example you can wait with mega evolving to keep Compound Eyes to
then use sleep powder for easier set-up.

So it gets very scary in most situations!  Confused
The megas suggested untill now have all been focused quite a bit on the offense, so... here's one more on the defense.

Mega Cofagrigus!

[Image: tumblr_mwhnuxSsHY1rw7u8ro1_1280.png]

Type: Ghost

Ability: Magic Guard

Base stats:

HP:       58
Att:       65  (50+15)
Def:      170  (145+25)
Sp.Atk:  80  (95-15)
Sp.Def:  175  (105+70)
Spe:       35  (30+5)

This Pokemon is very  tanky...
If it hadn't been for that low HP stat this pokemon would've been way to strong defensively.
The reason I balanced the offenses was actually to give it a lower damage output to weaken it a little, but also to make Knock off
more usefull. This will just (...) make it more annoying.
Another notable thing is that Cofagrigus dosen't have acces to good sustain, this greatly decreases its longevity.
But this mega is still very strong...

And magic guard kinda made sense since it's inside a coffin a.k.a "Guard". Like, the coffin is a guard... I'm bad at explaining...
(11-23-2016, 11:54 AM)Nylon Wrote: Another mega evo I'd like to see would be Mega Butterfree    Beedrill got one, so why shouldn't our beloved Butterfree do...?

[Image: giphy.gif]  ---------------->    [Image: mega_butterfree_concept_by_duducaico-d93dnok.png]

type: Bug/Flying --> Bug/Psychic

Ability: Simple

Base stats:

HP:       60
Att:       55  (45+10)
Def:        80  (60+20)
Sp.Atk:  105  (90+15)
Sp.Def:  93  (80+13)
Spe:      112  (70+42)
   BST: 495

Butterfree always wanted to be a psychic type. And with mega evelution, it could be possible!
The ability is mostly for the quiver dance, but also to make our exotic butter (...) more unique!
Quiver Dance + simple is really strong! But, this pokemon won't come any higher than OU.
I'm pesimistic due to the lack of tankiness that butterfree has. While it get a huge boost in speed it's very voulnerable before it has
mega evolved, and when it dosen't get a free switch. Bug/Psychic is cool, but not very good at resisting...
Butterfree gets very strong once it got that quiver dance up, but before that... it might have a bad time.
And if a steel type comes in it has to only shadow ball or sleep powder do use.

There are many good ways that you can utilize this mega, for example you can wait with mega evolving to keep Compound Eyes to
then use sleep powder for easier set-up.

So it gets very scary in most situations!  Confused
Very interesting. A very rare typing Bug/Psychic. Also the Mega ability is very impressive and pretty much useful. Even its not to much tank, Mega Butterfree it would make a good sweep pokemon, to annoy the pokemon enemy team and cause consider damage. Pretty good in my opinnion.
(11-23-2016, 01:48 PM)Nylon Wrote: The megas suggested untill now have all been focused quite a bit on the offense, so... here's one more on the defense.

Mega Cofagrigus!

[Image: tumblr_ncwe03FKao1scncwdo1_500.gif]  --------------->     [Image: tumblr_mwhnuxSsHY1rw7u8ro1_1280.png]

Type: Ghost

Ability: Magic Guard

Base stats:

HP:       58
Att:       65  (50+15)
Def:      170  (145+25)
Sp.Atk:  80  (95-15)
Sp.Def:  175  (105+70)
Spe:       35  (30+5)

This Pokemon is very  tanky...
If it hadn't been for that low HP stat this pokemon would've been way to strong defensively.
The reason I balanced the offenses was actually to give it a lower damage output to weaken it a little, but also to make Knock off
more usefull. This will just (...) make it more annoying.
Another notable thing is that Cofagrigus dosen't have acces to good sustain, this greatly decreases its longevity.
But this mega is still very strong...

Now i like it! Like a old wise say: The best attack its a good defence. Even with the little HP, Mega Cofragrigus make a good wall, especially since he only take super effective damage with Ghost and Dark Moves. And this Mega Ability, he wont take indirect damage, like poison, Curse, Leech Seed or Weater Abilities (beware Yatagaryu). And the reduction of Sp. Attack its a good thing to make the division with the points more easily the just 100 points. A good Pokemon. 

Ps: Sorry about not reply sooner.
(11-27-2016, 08:36 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: Now i like it! Like a old wise say: The best attack its a good defence. Even with the little HP, Mega Cofragrigus make a good wall, especially since he only take super effective damage with Ghost and Dark Moves. And this Mega Ability, he wont take indirect damage, like poison, Curse, Leech Seed or Weater Abilities (beware Yatagaryu). And the reduction of Sp. Attack its a good thing to make the division with the points more easily the just 100 points. A good Pokemon. 

Ps: Sorry about not reply sooner.

Thanks! And no problem. I won't lie, though... I did wonder if this page got completely forgotten. But people got more important things to do!  Sleepy 

Anyways... I guess I'll come with a new mega evelution here in a minute.
Big Grin