Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Mega Pokémon Discussion
(11-28-2016, 09:39 AM)Nylon Wrote:
(11-27-2016, 08:36 AM)Spiritmon Wrote: Now i like it! Like a old wise say: The best attack its a good defence. Even with the little HP, Mega Cofragrigus make a good wall, especially since he only take super effective damage with Ghost and Dark Moves. And this Mega Ability, he wont take indirect damage, like poison, Curse, Leech Seed or Weater Abilities (beware Yatagaryu). And the reduction of Sp. Attack its a good thing to make the division with the points more easily the just 100 points. A good Pokemon. 

Ps: Sorry about not reply sooner.

Thanks! And no problem. I won't lie, though... I did wonder if this page got completely forgotten. But people got more important things to do!  Sleepy 

Anyways... I guess I'll come with a new mega evelution here in a minute.
Big Grin

Yeah. People have more important things to do. And i have some ideas about mega too.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
Btw, if you're wondering...:
[YES], I do love making new megas!

so here's a new one! Big Grin 

This time, I chose Mega Dragonite.     it's kinda left out...

[Image: 149.gif]     ------------>   [Image: mega_dragonite_by_ivandragontamer-d9bkc3o.png]

Type: Dragon/Flying

Mega abiltiy: No Guard (Contrary)

Base stats:

HP:       91
Att:       179  (134+45)
Def:      115  (95+20)
Sp.Atk: 105  (100+5)
Sp.Def: 120  (100+20)
Spe:      90  (80+10)

Ok. Of course I would expect a pokemon like this to go to ubers without a problem.
At first I wanted Aerilate to be the ability but that could destroy the metagame...
So No Guard was what I ended up choosing. I also thought about Contrary which would keep you form using d-dance at all times but still help with moves like Superpower and Draco Meteor.
Just like its fellow pseudo legendarys this mega has intense base stats (Just look up mega tyranitar and mega Garchmp base stats...).
Again, this pokemon should be compared to only uber pokemon.
Back to No Guard. No guard is most usefull with dragon rush as you then will have a strong move that dosen't make you have to use the same move again... (I'm looking at you Outrage)
There are more moves that can benfit with No Guard, but they're not to special (as far as I remember at least).
And lastly, the type was also something I would want to change, but the best thing I could come up with then was pure Dragon...
There was also the obvious Dragon/water which I like many others would like. But that would probably make Drago blue which would nearly seem like some kind of de-evelution since Drago's pre-evelutions were blue. it does learn some neat water type moves, though, I think.
So? Did you like it?   (By you I mean anyone reading this)
(11-28-2016, 10:32 AM)Nylon Wrote: Btw, if you're wondering...:
[YES], I do love making new megas!

so here's a new one! Big Grin 

This time, I chose Mega Dragonite.     it's kinda left out...

[Image: 149.gif]     ------------>   [Image: mega_dragonite_by_ivandragontamer-d9bkc3o.png]

Type: Dragon/Flying

Mega abiltiy: No Guard (Contrary)

Base stats:

HP:       91
Att:       179  (134+45)
Def:      115  (95+20)
Sp.Atk: 105  (100+5)
Sp.Def: 120  (100+20)
Spe:      90  (80+10)

Ok. Of course I would expect a pokemon like this to go to ubers without a problem.
At first I wanted Aerilate to be the ability but that could destroy the metagame...
So No Guard was what I ended up choosing. I also thought about Contrary which would keep you form using d-dance at all times but still help with moves like Superpower and Draco Meteor.
Just like its fellow pseudo legendarys this mega has intense base stats (Just look up mega tyranitar and mega Garchmp base stats...).
Again, this pokemon should be compared to only uber pokemon.
Back to No Guard. No guard is most usefull with dragon rush as you then will have a strong move that dosen't make you have to use the same move again... (I'm looking at you Outrage)
There are more moves that can benfit with No Guard, but they're not to special (as far as I remember at least).
And lastly, the type was also something I would want to change, but the best thing I could come up with then was pure Dragon...
There was also the obvious Dragon/water which I like many others would like. But that would probably make Drago blue which

would nearly seem like some kind of de-evelution since Drago's pre-evelutions were blue. it does learn some neat water type moves, though, I think.

So? Did you like it?   (By you I mean anyone reading this)

I must confess, this really what i call a super pseudo-legendary! A hight attack and very good defences would make this thing a killing machine in the Metagame. And that too Mega abilities would make something terrify. No guard could make M-Dragonite hit almost all attacks against everything, even pokemons with the move protect, and Contrary would make moves who would do disavantage make a vantage to that thing. This thing would be a monstrous being, except against Steel, Ice and Fairy.
Steel isn't super-effective against Dragonite. Don't you mean Rock?
(11-30-2016, 01:24 PM)AgentParadox Wrote: Steel isn't super-effective against Dragonite. Don't you mean Rock?

Yeah, I think he meant rock.
well I guess I may not be the one to answer though...
(11-30-2016, 05:11 PM)Nylon Wrote:
(11-30-2016, 01:24 PM)AgentParadox Wrote: Steel isn't super-effective against Dragonite. Don't you mean Rock?

Sorry. I mean, its because of the Dragon-typing too, because steel type its have defence against dragon types.
So that I don't end up spamming this thread I've decided to only post a mega evo after someone else have posted anything
(just wanted you to know)

So... Here is yet another mega:

Mega Staraptor!!

[Image: tumblr_njvvamrVqb1scncwdo1_500.gif]-------------------->                [Image: 4de804bfcb137bb9ec1dcadbb211cd77.jpg]

Type: Normal/Flying ---> Fighting/Flying

Ability: Intimidate

Base stats:

HP:       85
Att:       154  (120+34)
Def:       102  (70+32)
Sp.Atk: 45  (50-5)
Sp.Def: 78  (60+18)
Spe:      121  (100+21)

Staraptor alwyas caries a close combat... right?
Anyways, fighting fits it perfectly well as a typing. As an abilty there are many that could fit it. For example Gale Wings. My choice ended on Intimidate. Stara already had this ability and I think it should keep it. Pluss, this gives Stara a double Intimidate once a battle as it mega evolves...

As for that stats it was supposed to look more like a fighting type. More Def. more Att. and since it's a flying type more Speed can make sense too.

You happy with it?
I'm sure a better one could be made, but... I still like it either way! Smile

(11-30-2016, 05:18 PM)Spiritmon Wrote:

Sorry. I mean, its because of the Dragon-typing too, because steel type its have defence against dragon types.
Well. I guess you were the one with the logical thinking, Spiritmon... but in reality I guess any Dragonite usally caries EQ or Fire P.
Thanks for clarifying anyways! Big Grin
(11-30-2016, 05:34 PM)Nylon Wrote: So that I don't end up spamming this thread I've decided to only post a mega evo after someone else have posted anything
(just wanted you to know)

So... Here is yet another mega:

Mega Staraptor!!

[Image: tumblr_njvvamrVqb1scncwdo1_500.gif]-------------------->                [Image: 4de804bfcb137bb9ec1dcadbb211cd77.jpg]

Type: Normal/Flying ---> Fighting/Flying

Ability: Levitate (everyone wants gale wings, so there's that too...)

Base stats:

HP:       85
Att:       154  (120+34)
Def:       102  (70+32)
Sp.Atk: 45  (50-5)
Sp.Def: 78  (60+18)
Spe:      121  (100+21)

Staraptor alwyas caries a close combat... right?
Anyways, fighting fits it perfectly well as a typing. As an abilty there are many that could fit it. For example No Guard or Gale Wings.
Though I don't really know how much No Guard would help it...
As for that stats it was supposed to look more like a fighting type. More Def. more Att. and since it's a flying type more Spe. can make sence too.

You happy with it?
I'm sure a better one could be made, but... I still like it either way! Smile

(11-30-2016, 05:18 PM)Spiritmon Wrote:

Well. I guess you were the one with the logical thinking, Spiritmon... but in reality I guess any Dragonite usally caries EQ or Fire P.
Thanks for clarifying anyways! Big Grin

When you see Staraptor you can already think he can bem fighting type. A good distributiva to Ivs and a interesting typing, considery there is not to much Flying/Fighting Pokémon (Except Hawlucha). Imagine that bird doing a Thunder-punch XD
If it's Fighting/Flying, Levitate is completely useless, just Gale Wings would be better. Also I'm confused as to why you used the shiny 3D model rather than the Sugimori art to compare.
I rather liked the Dragonite Mega (its my favorite Pokémon in the whole series, besides Raquaza). I don't have any mega evo ideas, since I really have not bother with them as much since I never went past gen 5, but I like that their are tons of creative idea around the concept. Keep on shinnying, you crazy diamonds!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650