Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon showdown
Way back before the new team started the continuation of Uranium's development, JV, one of the original creators of Pokemon Uranium had expressed interest in expanding the game into Pokemon Showdown. Unfortunately, there were no plan in place to expand at the time.

I'll pass off a message to the Dev team and see what's up. Smile
Backup your saves, don't lose progress!
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium

Save Backups:
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium\Backups

OID: 000003 OT: Cody
Well, that is nice of you! I thought this dev team had plan for PS, but hey, I can be wrong too, hehehe! Thanks, CodySP!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
I investigated this, but came to the conclusion that doing a Showdown server with custom Pokemon is not possible without a rather big amount of work. The client code present in their repos is not made to work as a real client, just for testing and contributing to the main servers. We can't add Pokemon code/graphics without being able to modify the client, which is the main problem.

We're kinda working on making the normal in-game battle system function better, this is rather hard though because of the limitations RPG Maker XP has and the pretty shitty codebase JV inherited to us.

I'll try asking the Insurgence devs how they went about this, maybe they can help us with setting up a client.
Thanks for the imput, @amibu. I kinda knew that RPG Maker coding was a bit of a pisser in terms of, forgive me if I use this term wrong, but I am no tech no, modibility or flexibility. I suspected the code was a mess given the protracted dev cycles updates go through, but to her it from a dev themselves... I'm kinda surprised the game isn't more of a bug riddled mess.

Thank for looking into this small PS aside, too. I know you and the other people have better things to do than investigate a trite matter such as this one, but I am glad you are taking the time to do so anyway.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Even a little mod without the sprites , but only with the stats and typing of the Tandor mons , would be useful to test things and to made teams. Yet, it is very hard to test something, because breeding takes a lot of time , and we can't do many battles ... So it would be nice to get even a very , very small thing, for the competitive battling at least.
ingame ID : 114550/Sylvon 
I accept all the friend requests. 
If you want to battle , or anything else with me , send me a PM ! 

Currently doing the french translation of uranium.
Pokemon fangame code is funny because it uses an ancient version of RPGmaker, then most code is based on code from other devs which is based on even OLDER code by older devs, across a decade of work. JV's server code is based on some other code, with a few random attachments to make it less hackable, plus whatever the new devs have added.
YIKES, that sounds like a twisted mess you guys have to not only navigate, but fix as well! My biggest sympathesis to you, dev team, if you already did not have them....

You know what suprises me about this thread? It got CodySP, a dev, and a moderator to weight in on the matter. Its quite nice when both the staff and development team give input on trivial (for now) matters such as this!

Wow great to hear from everyone, fan, dev and moderator. You guys are making a great updates and this last one is great!!

Thanks for keeping this great game alive