Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Guide] THE HUNT IS ON! An In-depth Guide on Pokeradar and HAs Hunting [Ver. 2.0].
(09-21-2016, 08:23 PM):angel:Paperboy012305 How to get a Chimical With contrary? Wrote: Hey guys. I can confirm that you do not need to chain to 40 to find a shiny. i found a blue grass after just one chain.

The first radar shiny would seem to be a Chimical i'm breeding for the WT event. I caught it in a Premier Ball and nicknamed it "Chimarific".

[Image: 145bd7d9b07f431286106b5ed0f24165.png]

Too bad its IVs and nature stinks. But that's what you'd expect from a wild encounter.
How to get a Chimical with contrary?
@Splitter_XAX

Go to route the route where you normally find Chimical after you receive the Poke Rader (an item you get post championship by talking to Proffessor Bamboo), then use it in the tall grass on the route. Once the radar is used, several patches of grass should start shaking, some in different colors. Avoid the red patches of grass, as they have HA Pokémon exclusive to those. Once you find a Chimical in a shaking patch of grass, it should be easy to tell whether or not it has its HA, as it will Petrify and lower you lead's speed otherwise.

Or you can ask any of the breeder here or on the Breeder's Discord for one. I have a breeding line that can get you a Chimical with its HA and Hidden Power Grass/Electric (Fairly good competitive moves for it to have), if you are interested.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(05-13-2017, 01:43 AM)Splitter_XAX Wrote: How to get a Chimical with contrary?

Perhaps read the original post? I mean contrary IS a HA, and this thread IS a guide on how to get HA...
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord
I was wondering why he didn't read the first post, but I decided to give him the summarized version of HA hunting anyway. Didn't seem the harm in doing it~
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Hello, everyone!  So in light of the updates to the PokeRadar after update 1.2.3, I thought I'd come by here and include the details in this post.  Since @MonkeyLord83 seems to be notoriously absent (*pauses for a moment of silence*), hopefully this PokeRadar Appendix will prove useful to anyone who may come by this thread until our MIA guide-writer returns to incorporate the knowledge into the original post.

So, let's go through the changelog and detail what all this means for you, dear forum shiny-and-Hidden-Ability chasers!  Big Grin

* Fixed bug where PokeRadar chains would randomly break for no reason (Yes we ACTUALLY fixed it this time).

But wait... I thought they said they fixed the chaining already?  That us saying it was still broken was a fluke?  Well... okay, yeah you're right, they did say that.  And the chains were breaking, yes -- we weren't wrong about that.  But technically the devs were right, there was nothing wrong with the PokeRadar, and it was working exactly as intended.

Wait, what??  Okay, so what was breaking and keeping the PokeRadar from chaining properly wasn't the Radar, it was the Repels!  The way Repels worked previously is that the game rolled for a potential encounter first, and then checked to see if a Repel was active -- if it was active and your lead Pokemon was high enough level, then you never entered the encounter, otherwise you did.  The issue was... for the purposes of radaring, since an encounter roll was made, the code treated it as if the encounter happened even though the player never entered it, thus breaking the chain.  So, all it took was a little fancy code work from the devs to change how the game handled the Repels, and now your chains won't break for Repelled encounters that you never even see!

What about when I have my encounter, and then no grass appears?  Well, this was a common occurrence for smaller areas of grass, but would occasionally happen in larger areas as well, particularly near the edges of the grass.  What happened here is that the game would generate areas for the bushes to appear, using the MC's location as a central starting point, but if those areas landed outside of where the grass was, well... nothing would show up.  And the chain would, of course, break by default.  Now there's been a code added that will reroll this check if the initial roll didn't place these bushes inside the boundary they need to go.  Which is just a fancy way of saying "this shouldn't be as likely to happen again now".  Larger areas are still better than those tiny little areas, though, as the smaller the area is that you have to work in, the more likely it is that this second reroll will fail also.

* New HUD added for the PokeRadar that displays your current chain length and the Pokemon you are chaining.
* The PokeRadar now has its own background music when in use, as well as a sound effect when a shiny patch appears.
* Tweaked the PokeRadar's shaking grass animation to be much more obvious on light backgrounds as it was nearly impossible to see on Route 16.

These visual/audio changes will all probably be the most obvious things you'll notice when you use the PokeRadar after updating, so we won't spend too much time on them.  Basically, the music cue will remind you that your chain is still active, and the animations are now brighter / more contrasted so that they'll show up more readily, especially on that snow-covered expanse known as Route 16.

The HUD is probably my personal favorite of these changes, as it definitely helps the hunter keep tabs on what's being chained and how far you are into it.  So let's take a look at how this bad boy works by seeing it in action with some screenshots courtesy of @ReeNormies himself (taken during the testing phase, thus why it says "Debug" on the title bar):

[Image: unknown.png]

It's small, but effective!  For the most part, the display is somewhat self-explanatory.  The icon shows you what you're currently chaining (in this case, Spritzee), and the number indicates how many you've encountered so far in your chain.  Simple, right?

Well, the HUD does also have one other useful bit of information, and that involves the color of the numbers themselves.  The higher you go in the chain, you'll notice that the numbers will change color for every ten encounters, going from white to green to yellow and then finally to red, as seen in here:

So what does this mean for us?  Well, if you recall from what Monkey told us in the original post -- as well as from when Professor Bamb'o gave you the PokeRadar in the first place -- using the PokeRadar gives us a higher chance of encountering a shiny.  While the devs have been tight-lipped on just how much of a chance this is in terms of actual calculable values, what we now know is that this chance goes up a little more for every 10 encounters, before finally maxing out at 40.  So not only are we keeping track of how many we've chained for informative purposes, we're also seeing our chances of finding that elusive shiny go up as well!  So if Masuda breeding isn't your thing -- or you're looking for the fabled shiny Duplicat (because you sure as heck can't Masuda breed that) -- then this gives you a more viable way of knowing how likely you are to see the sparkling Pokemon of your dreams show up in front of your very eyes!

EDIT: We now have dev confirmation on how much the PokeRadar boosts the shiny chances!

[Image: unknown.png]

So basically, for every 10 encounters, the game will give an extra roll for shiny chances.  So the odds will go like this:
1-9: 1/1024 (the base rate)
10-19: 2/1024
20-29: 3/1024
30-39: 4/1024
40+: 5/1024 (approx. 1/205)

Even better, these odds stack with the Shiny Charm if you have it.  So with the Shiny Charm, the odds are:
1-9: 3/1024
10-19: 4/1024
20-29: 5/1024
30-39: 6/1024
40+: 7/1024 (approx. 1/146)

* Red grass will now have an increased chance of spawning a HA Pokemon (20%).

Okay, so we all know (or should have known, if you read the original post) that when you first start a chain with the PokeRadar, red grass indicates a radar-exclusive encounter -- in other words, a Pokemon not normally found on that route by any other means.  This is useful as heck for trying to find HA or shinies of mons usually found in caves or by fishing, where you can't use the radar.  But what does the red grass mean when it shows up in the middle of your chain, particularly if you're chaining for a native species?  Well... before, it didn't mean a dang thing; it was a nice aesthetic but nothing more.  But now it does mean something!

Finding red grass mid-chain (that is, once you're past the first encounter and you've got your chained species established) will yield a higher chance of being Hidden Ability.  Prior to this, each encounter using the PokeRadar had a 12% chance of being a Hidden Ability, regardless if the grass was green or red.  Now, green grass yields this 12% chance, while red grass will be a 20% chance.  Fun fact: the blue grass that we all know and love for being a guaranteed shiny is also a 100% chance of being Hidden Ability as well -- so go after those!

Keep in mind, however, that the rules of distance still apply when red grass shows up.  In other words, if red grass shows up 2 tiles away from you and there's green grass 5 tiles away, you're still going to be better off aiming for the farther one if you want to keep your chain going.  Look at your probabilities (heads up -- these have changed too, so be sure to keep reading until the end!) to help you make the best decision of whether or not to take a chance with the higher HA odds or to stick with what's more likely to continue your chain.

* The PokeRadar will now never select tiles you can not walk on (such as those under NPCs).

This is pretty self-explanatory and probably one of the most welcome changes for most people, especially for those who haunt that one patch of grass on Route 13 -- y'all know the one -- while looking for Duplicats.  See that Psychic trainer standing up there near the cave mouth?  Don't you just hate that guy?  Especially when he's standing right on top of the friggin' grass we need to go to??  Well, hate the poor guy no more (really, it wasn't his fault, he's just obediently standing where JV told him to stand), because now the PokeRadar will check to see if you can actually walk on the tile before generating a bush there.

* When the PokeRadar chain is maxed there will be a very slight chance (5%) that Pokemon will have improved IVs.

Improved IVs -- every breeder's dream!  But wait... what exactly does this "improved IVs" even mean?  Well first of all, let's point out two essential requirements here that need to be met before we even need to consider this: your chain has to be maxed (40+ encounters, just like maxing your shiny odds), and the game has to roll that 5% chance.  If you are so lucky (or persistent!) for this to happen, then when the wild Pokemon's IVs are generated at the start of the encounter, the game will randomly pick one IV that was assigned a value of less than 30 and magically turn it into a 31.  This means that roughly one in every 20 encounters will be guaranteed to be at least a 1IV.  This is especially good news for Duplicat hunters, as it means the odds of getting one of those smug little mischief-makers with multiple perfect IVs just got a little higher.  Maybe one day, the fabled legendary 6IV Duplicat will actually be reality!

And one little note that didn't make the changelog...

All of these are really awesome buffs to the PokeRadar, right?  The chaining problem has FINALLY been fixed at last, we've got a snazzy new look and sound, better odds at Hidden Abilities and perfect IV's... it's all a dream come true, nothing could ever be wrong or bad about PokeRadar ever again!  Well... with all of these improvements, then it would only make sense to give it a slight nerf to balance things out.

I can feel you all cringing already -- but I promise you, it's not a major nerf and it shouldn't be too noticeable of an effect on your chaining if you've already been following the hints that Monkey laid out in the guide (namely, always aim for the farthest bush).  Having said that, with this latest update, the probabilities of the chain continuing have been tweaked slightly, so you'll want to keep the new numbers in mind (especially when debating whether to go for the farthest green bush or the slightly closer red bush).

Previously, the probabilities of a chain continuing were (from closest to farthest) 50% / 80% / 100% / 100%, which basically meant as long as you got to one of the two farthest bushes, your chain was... well, almost guaranteed to continue, though as we now know, Repel's weird coding often got in the way of this.  With this new update, the probabilities are now (again, from closest to farthest) 24% / 49% / 74% / 99%.  Yes, this does mean that even always getting the farthest bush, you do still run the chance of a chain breaking.  But given all of the new benefits that the PokeRadar now grants, a 1% chance of failure is a pretty fair price to pay overall when you compare how things were before (also consider that it's better than the canon probabilities, which are 28% / 48% / 68% / 88%).  You still should now have every opportunity to max out those chains far more often than not!

Don't forget though: blue bushes will always be a 100% encounter rate, regardless of where they show up.  After all, how sadistic would that be to give you a blue bush that could break your chain?

Hopefully this summarizes all of the changes to the PokeRadar.  If anyone has any questions or observations (or if anything needs clarified), then by all means feel free to post!  Good luck to all you hunters out there!  Wink
Okay, the OP is incorporated with the latest most vital info, I think. Now I'mma go back into my cave.
"Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act" - Albert Einstein.
Nothing is impossible, there are only things that are not yet possible!  Cool
MonkeyLord83. 
OID: 213850. IGN: Magnus.

Breeders Collective Discord
(10-03-2018, 08:23 AM)MonkeyLord83 Wrote: Okay, the OP is incorporated with the latest most vital info, I think. Now I'mma go back into my cave.

Welcome back and bless you for the update.  Don't be a stranger!  Wink
There's something I just learned today: If you summon patches of grass and none are very far away, you can wander around the patch of grass WITHOUT LEAVING the patch and WITHOUT ENCOUNTERING the special grass to recharge the pokeradar, and use it again until you get a greater number of patches.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(01-22-2019, 10:01 PM)Iron Wrote: There's something I just learned today: If you summon patches of grass and none are very far away, you can wander around the patch of grass WITHOUT LEAVING the patch and WITHOUT ENCOUNTERING the special grass to recharge the pokeradar, and use it again until you get a greater number of patches.

Yup!  That trick is in the main series games, too.  It's a common thing you do when you don't get a patch in the exact right spot you need it to be and need to avoid increasing the odds of breaking your chain.

Fortunately, Uranium isn't quite as strict about that as the main series games are.

Unfortunately, Uranium doesn't have absolutely massive patches of grass on almost every single route where the pokeradar is usable, so it kinda has to be less strict about it than the main series games are. I think the largest patch of grass in the game is on Route 13 in front of The Labyrinth, and that's still very thin by comparison to the bigger patches of grass in Gens 4 and 6 (particularly in gen 4).