Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Forum Update] Alerts, User tagging and Prefixes
Hey Forum fans,

We have a tiny forum update that's gone live over the last few days.

If you've been browsing the web recently you may have noticed this little guy beside your UserCP link [Image: e7a4ad3a21ee5e04e456.png]

That's a new Notification tool called MyAlert, Alerts give you a little extra information that the forum wouldn't give you normally, such as when someone quotes one of your posts, replies to a thread you're subscribed to, Alters your reputation or sends you a buddy request.

In addition to my alerts, the forum now supports user tagging. Using "@" followed by a username in your post will link to that person's profile, as well as notify the user you tagged that they've been mentioned and give them a link to the thread you mentioned them in. Let's say someone has a question that I can answer, you can reply to that thread and mention that @CodySP might be able to help you out. :Smile

Finally, We've added Forum Prefixes which will help users find the threads they're looking for. Right now, registered users have access to the [Help], [Guide] and [Walkthrough] Prefixes while forum staff and Unofficial Developers have access to [Forum Event], [Forum Update] and [Game Update] Prefixes. 
You can choose a forum Prefix on the Thread subject line
[Image: f3fe8f7610cdc8f962b6.png]
Backup your saves, don't lose progress!
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium

Save Backups:
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium\Backups

OID: 000003 OT: Cody
This is great! Thanks!
Big Grin 
I'm a bit late, but

THANKS!!!!!!                                         
Well, I never got around to saying it the first time, but thank you, CodySD and Co! You don't rest on your behinds like some other game devs *Stares into Valve's Direction*
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
You know, I can't even remember if I joined after this update went into effect or not, but (as you're already aware @CodySP) I've recently had the opportunity to discover just how much work goes into running a successful forum, even with little "quality of life" updates like this. You've done an awesome job with this forum -- and as a result helped keep this community alive when the original forums went down and JV and Twitch went radio-silent -- and for that, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Smile