Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nuclear Move Tutor for Nuclear Type Pokemon
Just suggesting the option to teach Nuclear-Type moves for Nuclear Pokemon only. Some Nuclear Pokemon learn Special Attack Nuclear moves but have a low Special Attack stat and a high Attack stat. Some Nuclear pokemon do not have access to Nuclear moves from their evolved or pre-evolved forms. Also, it would increase the longevity of usefulness towards weaker Nuclear pokemon by giving them stronger moves. On some occasions, Nuclear Pokemon just don't have any Nuclear moves.

[Image: DKBytky.jpg]
I second this! Corrupted Nuclears don't get much use between their limited Nuclear moves and plethora of weaknesses (including double weaknesses, which Pokemon like Urayne, Nucleon, and Hazma don't have) Maybe it could be a tutor in Plant Zeta? (Could give that one room more of a purpose)
Nice caught on that Epsilon-Trawpint!

However, giving corrupted Nuclear 'mon free acess to Nuclear moves sounds like giving a loaded gun to someone who's planning a murder.
It would be useful for that HA-Nucleon I'd like to breed, but given that 99,9% of the players go for its normal ability anyways, that point doesn't really weight a thing, I assume...
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(01-20-2017, 05:32 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Nice caught on that Epsilon-Trawpint!

However, giving corrupted Nuclear 'mon free acess to Nuclear moves sounds like giving a loaded gun to someone who's planning a murder.
It would be useful for that HA-Nucleon I'd like to breed, but given that 99,9% of the players go for its normal ability anyways, that point doesn't really weight a thing, I assume...

Not free access. You would probably have to trade items for it. They don't have to be the powerful moves, just Gamma Ray and maybe Nuclear Slash, although Nuclear Slash does seem very powerful. If only there could be a physical version of Gamma Ray with no added effects, because the Nuclear moves seem kinda like it's based on tiers. First Gamma Ray and then Radioacid second. There should be a crappy physical move for tier 1 and then tier 2 would be Nuclear Slash.
Agree with this idea completely, as some Pokémon (Such as Nuclear Eshouten) would really appreciate having a physical Nuc move in its arsenal. At the very least, it would open up more variety for the poor irradiated Pokémon...

As for trading items, why not Hafli Berries? It would be a nice thematic fits, and it would encourage more nuclear using to grow this neglected berry.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Even if it's just teaching Half-Life it'd be useful, because Half Life (and Super Fang, etc) is basically the poor man's False Swipe.
Breeder's Discord

Please support a growing Roleplaying forum by voting here! You can vote once per day.
The move also has competitive applications, as if a Nucmon does have any form of defense against Steels, it can just use Half Life to tank a large bite out of its HP for the next team member to Revenge kill it. Unlike Super Fang, nothing is immune to Nuclear damage except Lead Skin abillitied Pokémon, which are rare enough not to be an overt concern!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

I'm the only one who feels uneasy with this idea? Okay... I see I'm being outbidden... I'll shut up then.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
I'd say that, unlike breeding corrupt Nucmons (oh gods), tutoring Nuclear moves exclusively to Nuclear types would be a safe idea. After all, the only Pokémon that could learn them would already be corrupted/stable, and only scientists would (within reason) know how to tutor these moves, given their interactions with Nucmons.

It would kind of depend on the move pool accessible to a given Nuclear type. i.e. If any nuclear type can learn any Nuclear move, I don't think that would make sense OR be balanced. Yeah it sucks that Gyarados doesn't have something like Nuclear Slash, but it also makes sense. I would also say that while it's true that the basic idea is that a Pokemon becomes irradiated and seems to gain Nuclear moves on the spot, keep in mind that the Move Reminder can still get Nuclear Pokemon to re-learn the moves, so it's not as though they're something that's innately tied to them and once they're gone, they're gone, so it's not unreasonable for the concept of a move tutor to exist.

I would also be in favor of the idea given the lack of consistency when it comes to the unstable Nuclear types: Tancoon gets Gamma Ray, but not wild Tanscures which get Nuclear Slash and Half-Life/Nuclear Waste (can't remember which). Nuclear Costraws and Trawpints get Gamma Ray, but the Nuclear one in the first plant gets nothing, and Trawpints found in Nuclear Hordes get Radioacid but can't be acquired any other way!

So I'd be more on board for the idea to the extent that it not let Nuclear Pokemon get access to ALL the moves, just the ones that make sense.
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍
▓ I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist in a world of misery.  ▓
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍