Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(OLD) Viability Rankings
So, Syrentide is S because its too much of a bulky water with really good offensive options? Metalynx-M, Elextruxo-M, Both Gellins under sun, Crocaner after a Shell Smash, Tracton with a DD or Speed Boost, Prankster Toxic users, The Ghost Brothers, Sableye-M, Jolteon, etc. can all be reasonable checks and counters the aquatic menace, so I don't think its a totally insurmountable threat that deserves the ban-list. There is also Hazards like SR and Spikes for it to languish in, and a good old Roar or Whirl Wind can get it out if it trys to buff its defenses. That, or Taunt it first, which limits what it can do besides Pixilate Hyper Voice, which Steel types can rebuff and counter with a brutal STAB.

While its a bulky threat that can catch team off guard, its still quite possible to check/counter it without having to design your whole team around eliminating just it (Unlike Nucleon, bless its irradiated heart...). I think that it deserves to be A+ at least, borderline at most, in my non-succinct opinion.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(02-12-2017, 02:43 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: So, Syrentide is S because its too much of a bulky water with really good offensive options? Metalynx-M, Electruxo-M, Both Gellins under sun, Cocancer after a Shell Smash, Tracton with a DD or Speed Boost, Prankster Toxic users, The Ghost Brothers, Sableye-M, Jolteon, etc. can all be reasonable checks and counters the aquatic menace, so I don't think its a totally insurmountable threat that deserves the ban-list. There is also Hazards like SR and Spikes for it to languish in, and a good old Roar or Whirl Wind can get it out if it try to buff its defenses. That, or Taunt it first, which limits what it can do besides Pixilate Hyper Voice, which Steel types can rebuff and counter with a brutal STAB.

While its a bulky threat that can catch team off guard, its still quite possible to check/counter it without having to design your whole team around eliminating just it (Unlike Nucleon, bless its irradiated heart...). I think that it deserves to be A+ at least, borderline at most, in my non-succinct opinion.

I have to respectfully disagree with your bid that Syrentide-M doesn't deserve S rank. Bar Electruxo-M, it's one of the few Pokémon able to safely switch into Archilles-M and Inflagetah-M, which is quite a feat. And unlike the aforementioned Electruxo, Syrentide doesn't fear Earth Power / Earthquake, making it a less shaky switch-in. Let's look at some damage rolls.

252+ SpA Mega Archilles Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8+ SpD Mega Syrentide in Sun: 93-110 (23.3 - 27.5%) -- 72.8% chance to 4HKO
252+ SpA Mega Archilles Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 8+ SpD Mega Syrentide: 102-120 (25.5 - 30%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

And against Inflagetah-M...

252 Atk Mega Inflagetah Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Mega Syrentide: 95-112 (23.8 - 28%) -- 91% chance to 4HKO

Gellin and Cocancer work as checks, but if a Pokémon is so centralizing that one is forced to use sub-par Mons or sets to check it, then we have a problem. Gellin hates the prevalence of priority users such as Inflagetah-M and Fafninter in the meta. Cocancer is OHKO'd if Syrentide carries Ice Beam and priority can often cut its sweep short. A +2 Tracton has a fair chance of netting 2HKO on Syrentide, but it cannot switch in or set up on Syrentide as it's 2HKO'd in return by Hyper Voice. CroCune variants of Syrentide can simply Rest off any status from Prankster Toxic users. Sableye-M is threatened by Hyper Voice, along with the Ghost Brothers (I believe you're referring to the Navighast line, correct me if I'm wrong).

I do agree that Metalynx-M and Jolteon make for solid checks. My concern lies in the fact that both can be easily taken advantage of with proper team building. Jolteon, in particular, needs Choice Specs to even 2HKO Syrentide.

252 SpA Choice Specs Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8+ SpD Mega Syrentide: 236-282 (59.1 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(02-20-2017, 05:46 PM)ScarletZephyr Wrote:
(02-12-2017, 02:43 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: So, Syrentide is S because its too much of a bulky water with really good offensive options? Metalynx-M, Electruxo-M, Both Gellins under sun, Cocancer after a Shell Smash, Tracton with a DD or Speed Boost, Prankster Toxic users, The Ghost Brothers, Sableye-M, Jolteon, etc. can all be reasonable checks and counters the aquatic menace, so I don't think its a totally insurmountable threat that deserves the ban-list. There is also Hazards like SR and Spikes for it to languish in, and a good old Roar or Whirl Wind can get it out if it try to buff its defenses. That, or Taunt it first, which limits what it can do besides Pixilate Hyper Voice, which Steel types can rebuff and counter with a brutal STAB.

I have to respectfully disagree with your bid that Syrentide-M doesn't deserve S rank. Bar Electruxo-M, it's one of the few Pokémon able to safely switch into Archilles-M and Inflagetah-M, which is quite a feat. And unlike the aforementioned Electruxo, Syrentide doesn't fear Earth Power / Earthquake, making it a less shaky switch-in. Let's look at some damage rolls.

252+ SpA Mega Archilles Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8+ SpD Mega Syrentide in Sun: 93-110 (23.3 - 27.5%) -- 72.8% chance to 4HKO
252+ SpA Mega Archilles Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 8+ SpD Mega Syrentide: 102-120 (25.5 - 30%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

And against Inflagetah-M...

252 Atk Mega Inflagetah Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Mega Syrentide: 95-112 (23.8 - 28%) -- 91% chance to 4HKO

Gellin and Cocancer work as checks, but if a Pokémon is so centralizing that one is forced to use sub-par Mons or sets to check it, then we have a problem. Gellin hates the prevalence of priority users such as Inflagetah-M and Fafninter in the meta. Cocancer is OHKO'd if Syrentide carries Ice Beam and priority can often cut its sweep short. A +2 Tracton has a fair chance of netting 2HKO on Syrentide, but it cannot switch in or set up on Syrentide as it's 2HKO'd in return by Hyper Voice. CroCune variants of Syrentide can simply Rest off any status from Prankster Toxic users. Sableye-M is threatened by Hyper Voice, along with the Ghost Brothers (I believe you're referring to the Navighast line, correct me if I'm wrong).

I do agree that Metalynx-M and Jolteon make for solid checks. My concern lies in the fact that both can be easily taken advantage of with proper team building. Jolteon, in particular, needs Choice Specs to even 2HKO Syrentide.

252 SpA Choice Specs Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8+ SpD Mega Syrentide: 236-282 (59.1 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Well, call wrong then~  While I didn't understand before why Syrentide was so powerful, I do now, so thanks for the clarification!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
I will make a new version of this soon that I can actually edit
I can try chopping out the images for you if you like
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(05-06-2017, 12:37 AM)Iron Wrote: I can try chopping out the images for you if you like

Its fine, I removed the images on this thread, I will need to make a new one if I want to keep the images so dw about it