Poll: Which Pokemon do you want a guide on: Dramsama or Escartress?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dramsama, master of disguise!
92.86%
13 92.86%
Escartress, the best sand castle ever!
7.14%
1 7.14%
Your still around? I thought I told you to get back into the basement, you loser!
0%
0 0%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Competitive Guide: Beliaddon
(09-27-2016, 10:17 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(09-27-2016, 10:00 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: If your game for helping me out, then I am happy to have you aboard. I would also like to see a guide on Seikamater, and since you did such a good job on the last one, I think the next one will turn out just fine~!

Also, can you ask him if I can post their guides (except Seikamater, if your doing one for it), up here? I mean, I already did it once without permission, but I would feel a little more comfortable (and better) if I had their given word.

Yup, I'll ask Jabuloso about that.  If you want to expand on some of the ones I've posted over there, you can do that as well.  It's how I came up with the basis for my Laissure guide, though the one I posted here is much more detailed.  

And remember to just search for Competitive Analysis/Discussion when searching for them on the subreddit.  That should get you the complete list rather easily, as it's what both I and Jabuloso label them as.
Thank you~! Oh, and I got it~.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(09-27-2016, 09:16 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
(09-27-2016, 09:09 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: I'd like to point out something about Defiant that can turn Beliaddon into a complete monster:

The existence of Sticky Web.

While niche, it's very much worth noting, as Beliaddon doesn't care too much about its speed outside of a choice scarf set, and free +2 attack every time it switches in is absolutely devastating.  There are enough really fast, grounded threats in Uranium to make Sticky Web a viable hazard when the opponent isn't running it, particularly since Seikamater is easily the best Sticky Web setter out of all the available ones in Uranium, and the Pokemon series as a whole so far if I may be so bold to claim that.  The queen is able to learn it via tutor according to the wiki.  Theoretically, the Cubbug line (Cubbug learns it at level 30) might also be able to breed it onto the elemental bugs since they're all in the bug egg group.  

If Sticky Web appears often enough on teams, Defiant Beliaddon will run rampant to have a way to exploit the hazard once it's been laid.  It's even scarier because it also happens to be the easiest hazard to null the usefulness of, since all you have to do to even the playing field again is lay a Sticky Web of your own.

Bloody hell, that's just awful! Anyway you slice it, Beliaddon only going to get better with time. Defog and Sticky Web become common enough? Beliaddon is going to have a great time. Even if it does not run Defiant, when and if Nucleon and reliable hazard removers enter the fray, thing will become a whole lot more interesting for it, that is for certain.

Any other things that might increase the effectiveness of this demon?

The day Assault Vest is released?
Tailwind support maybe? (Not sure how many mons have this move).
I know that Harptera has Tailwind, but I am not too sure how effective they will be when paired with Beliaddon. Assault Vest, though, would be great use on almost any set. Hope its gets added to the game at some point, along with all the weather rock, Light Clay, and all HAs available for every pokemon!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650