Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta thread] Iron's PokeRole Adventure: The Skull Ruins
Sorry, you'll have to travel with just one. Maybe the others will be met along the journey, or have already parted from you in some way.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
ok that's fine
RIP Larry 9/9/2016 - 8/31/2017 "blessed by lord Godmunk with patriotic values and a crush that lasted longer than expected"  Heart the skulls ruins RP group (main group not the random add ons)
Glad to have you on board!

also we have a Nate and a Nathan, that will be fun lol
Current project:
Whoo! This'll be starting soon. My goal is april 9th around 6 or 7pm EST, but who knows.
Current project:
Whoo! A pity that this will be a little late for me, and I have to get up to a sheduled time the next day. :|

Also, looks like I'm having the only female character!~ ... ... ... Act natural around her
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Whoo, I'm so excited for this to begin! Interested to see all the interactions between these characters.
Woot woot here comes the fun
RIP Larry 9/9/2016 - 8/31/2017 "blessed by lord Godmunk with patriotic values and a crush that lasted longer than expected"  Heart the skulls ruins RP group (main group not the random add ons)
Vincent Lee
Height: 5' 6
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Appearance:
Of average build and favoring dark clothes (shirt, shoes, pants), Vincent carries himself with the economy of action of one used to working long hours. An unremarkable man with plain and rather forgettable features save for a piercing stare, he can easily blend into crowds, a practiced habit of sorts from his previous line of employment - though the fact that he now walks with a cane and a visible limp is a visible identifying cue. Usually soft spoken though with an understated steely tenor, he has a bad habit of raising his voice when excited or agitated.

Bio: 
If one wanted to describe Vincent in a word, it would be "Tired". The uncharitable would go further to call him lazy. Formerly possessed of a chipper personality, this once up-and-coming police sergeant from Ginger Town left the force after an unfortunate vehicular accident - an incident unsurprisingly tied to his current outlook and the source of his distinctive limp. Though he keeps it buried it beneath his cynicism, Vincent Lee still possesses the original altruistic streak which drove him to join the Force in the first place and he has a hard time turning down requests. This has unfortunately done nothing for his tendency to complain bitterly about it, however. Not a "nature person" by choice, he's most at home in the city among people.

Goal:
For Vincent, working with Pokemon is a job. It pays the bills. He's not out on a grand adventure to see the world, but if that's what the Professor needs, it's what the job requires and he'll see it through. Whether this seemingly straightforward attitude is a mask for a desire to travel however, varies from hour-to-hour, day-to-day.

Starter:
Winston - Growlithe
A former police dog, Winston used to work with Vincent when he was walking the beat and steadfastly refused to bond to a new handler. When he found out about this from a friend on the force, Vincent ended up spending a good chunk of his severance on adopting the dog through legal channels when he was discharged. While he makes a good show of complaining about everything that "damn dog" does, the truth of the matter is that Vincent dotes on Winston and that the street of loyalty between the two goes both ways.
(04-08-2017, 08:52 PM)Dies Irae Wrote: Vincent Lee
Height: 5' 6
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Appearance:
Of average build and favoring dark clothes (shirt, shoes, pants), Vincent carries himself with the economy of action of one used to working long hours. An unremarkable man with plain and rather forgettable features save for a piercing stare, he can easily blend into crowds, a practiced habit of sorts from his previous line of employment - though the fact that he now walks with a cane and a visible limp is a visible identifying cue. Usually soft spoken though with an understated steely tenor, he has a bad habit of raising his voice when excited or agitated.

Bio: 
If one wanted to describe Vincent in a word, it would be "Tired". The uncharitable would go further to call him lazy. Formerly possessed of a chipper personality, this once up-and-coming police sergeant from Ginger Town left the force after an unfortunate vehicular accident - an incident unsurprisingly tied to his current outlook and the source of his distinctive limp. Though he keeps it buried it beneath his cynicism, Vincent Lee still possesses the original altruistic streak which drove him to join the Force in the first place and he has a hard time turning down requests. This has unfortunately done nothing for his tendency to complain bitterly about it, however. Not a "nature person" by choice, he's most at home in the city among people.

Goal:
For Vincent, working with Pokemon is a job. It pays the bills. He's not out on a grand adventure to see the world, but if that's what the Professor needs, it's what the job requires and he'll see it through. Whether this seemingly straightforward attitude is a mask for a desire to travel however, varies from hour-to-hour, day-to-day.

Starter:
Winston - Growlithe
A former police dog, Winston used to work with Vincent when he was walking the beat and steadfastly refused to bond to a new handler. When he found out about this from a friend on the force, Vincent ended up spending a good chunk of his severance on adopting the dog through legal channels when he was discharged. While he makes a good show of complaining about everything that "damn dog" does, the truth of the matter is that Vincent dotes on Winston and that the street of loyalty between the two goes both ways.

Hmmmm...I can see some similarities to Nanu in this character.  This'll be an interesting addition to the party...
(03-27-2017, 03:12 AM)Iron Wrote: We'll be playing in the region of Creshire.

Professor Mallorn rules a "modest" science business empire from the starting town of Trillium in the north. He rides his Rapidash down Breakneck Ridge to the twin capital cities of Cress and Stair City, bearing trade goods and Pokemon, for sale or for study.

He's agreed to provide any of you who need one with a Pokemon from any region (except Alola, I am thinking, but some exceptions could be made).
He can sell you a Pokedex for a mere $1300, an incredible bargain, starting week only.

So, I've actually got a question for Iron regarding the campaign direction: in terms of plot development and direction, how relevant will the 'Dex be relative to the scope of game-play/plot? 

It sort of makes sense for a party to own at least one 'Dex, but out of the starting funds, dropping 1.3k on Pokedex pretty much blows starting cash immediately has a knock on effect of limiting access to Potions and Pokeballs for any character who makes the purchase.