Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta thread] Iron's PokeRole Adventure: The Skull Ruins
(06-30-2020, 04:05 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Please don't blame me. Shiva is way too kind to refuse a simple request if presented politely, even by a Scimitar.

Not throwing blame around at anyone specific.  Just stating an observation. An antagonist taking advantage of someone when the opportunity presents itself is rather typical behavior.

The question now is: what's Shiva going to do about it now and in the future?
(06-30-2020, 04:12 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 04:05 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Please don't blame me. Shiva is way too kind to refuse a simple request if presented politely, even by a Scimitar.

Not throwing blame around at anyone specific.  Just stating an observation.  An antagonist taking advantage of someone when the opportunity presents itself is rather typical behavior.

The question now is: what's Shiva going to do about it now and in the future?

Share your feelings on the matter, mate. Didn't say anything because I thought it was blatantly obvious the Scimitars were up to something with their instructions, and thought Shiva/Heart wouldn't so easily follow them or more thoroughly prepare for whateve was up their sleeves. *Shrugs* Guess I was mistaken, though....

I'm wondering if that Heavy Ball caught EVERYTHING on the TITANIC COCANCER, including the Military, Archilles, and all the Pokemon on it. Because if so.....yikes do we have a huge problem on our hands (no pun intended). And that's leaving alone who knows what Water Scimitars can do with such an ancient and powerful Pokemon.......oh dear.

On the small bright side, Shiva and Heart can grab all those still usable Heavy Balls, which have proven themselves to be highly versatile and useful now and in the past!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Lol no, all the humans left Cocancer.

I agree that the Heavy Balls should be retrievable - you can write down 16 of them total.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
Quote:I agree that the Heavy Balls should be retrievable - you can write down 16 of them total.

Wheeeeee nice! Then let us retrive them all @Spiritmon, and would you agree with sharing them between equally between the group? That'd mean each of us gets 4 Heavy Balls, Shiva would just gift one of hers to Ventus upon reuniting so that he's not totally left out.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
If it doesn't bother Dragonstrike/Nathan , Terra's other Pokemon can help CUT/ROCK SMASH chisel the Genesect Fossil out, as he has Oinari and Mikey that can use those Move to pitch in while their masters still keep watch/guard.

That, and if Nathan can simply transport the Genesect Fossil into a Pokeball, we could wait for Heart/Shiva to meet up with the currently undersea trio and pass off a Heavy Ball for a job (If it can hold an entire Arceas Mural, it can hold it no problem! ) . Also, still haven't heard too much about what to do with the Fossil besides Phantom abstaining from the matter, so some input on that from everyone else would be nice eventually.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

(07-01-2020, 05:57 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: If it doesn't bother Dragonstrike/Nathan , Terra's other Pokemon can help CUT/ROCK SMASH chisel the Genesect Fossil out, as he has Oinari and Mikey that can use those Move to pitch in while their masters still keep watch/guard.

That, and if Nathan can simply transport the Genesect Fossil into a Pokeball, we could wait for Heart/Shiva to meet up with the currently undersea trio and pass off a Heavy Ball for a job (If it can hold an entire Arceas Mural, it can hold it no problem! ) . Also, still haven't heard too much about what to do with the Fossil besides Phantom abstaining from the matter, so some input on that from everyone else would be nice eventually.

Fossil excavation is a precision task, so the fewer hands working simultaneously in the same area, the less likely that the specimen will be damaged.  In theory, anyways.

Shiva and Heart are kinda far away right now, unfortunately :/  Granted, if they were to head to our current location, they might get there before the fossil is fully excavated, but that's really up to Iron to determine if that's feasible.

I did state some of my thoughts on future plans for the fossil earlier.  Not very detailed, but eh.
(07-01-2020, 11:21 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 05:57 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: If it doesn't bother Dragonstrike/Nathan , Terra's other Pokemon can help CUT/ROCK SMASH chisel the Genesect Fossil out, as he has Oinari and Mikey that can use those Move to pitch in while their masters still keep watch/guard.

Fossil excavation is a precision task, so the fewer hands working simultaneously in the same area, the less likely that the specimen will be damaged.  In theory, anyways.

Shiva and Heart are kinda far away right now, unfortunately :/  Granted, if they were to head to our current location, they might get there before the fossil is fully excavated, but that's really up to Iron to determine if that's feasible.

I did state some of my thoughts on future plans for the fossil earlier.  Not very detailed, but eh.

All relevant points mates, so I suppose this job is just going to be between our three characters then each doing their part!

Huh, so you did. I don't necessarily agree with informing either Dagny or Dr. L, since that info could get leaked to the League or other sources, but if we can get them under a NDA (in one form or another) about the Genesect Fossil then I'm fine with consulting them about what to do with it.

Since Spiritmon has said nothing so far about this, I'll assume they're abstaining from this matter out of a lack of time and/or interest, so I'll present the ideas I think are most fitting for the G.F.

Idea #1: Study and Lock-Up -  Excavate the G.F. , then just study it as it is, making no attempt to revive or use its parts in anyway, and secure it in a Iron Defense clad top secret location. The most straightforward, no-nonsense approach. Physical and genetic data is collect by Terra/Ventus/Nathan/Whomever we trust for research, we take plenty of pictures, then seal it up tight in a place (possibly even making one) nobody but the group can get. Benefits of this approach is their is no conflict over who gets main control over the Genesect (as is or Revived/modified) and every gains significant knowledge on it, but the trade off is without more intrusive studies or Revival the usefulness of said knowledge will be limited. That, and if someone can infiltrate and ex filtrate the place it's kept, then it's child's play stealing it at that point. Plus, from a RP perspective, you're potentially creating another hidden treasure for who knows what to stumble on latter after our Charas die/go senile (unless they share that sensitive knowledge with others), and from a OOC perspective we're grossly underutilizing a almost one of a kind resource going this route.

Idea #2 Revive it via MAGIC! - Second most straightforward approach. Excavate, then cart it off to Mega Syrentide for Revival/Re-purposing . High cost to both Revive it, guarantee its cooperation without it going berserk/rouge post Revival, and the time/Poke necessary to round up enough  0 Loyalty Pokemon with 'donatable' Moves (Remedied with HMs to a large extent) , but the end result is the best chance of getting another fully usable and Loyal Legend without involving anyone else we don't trust as much. Since Nathan has a huge aversion to making bargains with M.S. , his stake in the G.F. will be lessened, while Terra's exclusive easy access to her domain and his business/research connections + rounding up a hecking lot of easy to catch Mons give him the largest stake over it. 

Idea #3 Revive it via SCIENCE! - Same as option #2, only using known and modern Revification Tech to pull it off. Probably have to involve Dr. L in the process to get the mats. , machines, and know how to do , or have Ven use his own connections and possibly the hacking capabilities of Nathan's Porygon Z and Rotom to get all that ourselves and set it up in Terra's / Ven's private lab. This is the less morally questionable way to Revive it, and the stakes in the process can be fairly evenly divided, but their is no telling if modern methods will be adequate enough to do so, or Revive the Genesect at the peck of its power and with little to no modifications (either via the processing of or by the Revification process on the G.F.) . I also imagine a LOT of research will want to be done on it as is to better the odds of success and just in case Revification totals the G.F. /something unexpected happens , so it likely will be a long time coming to see any results.

Idea #4 Divide and Profit - Fully excavate the G.F. , then use CUT to carve it up into varies piece for each of the party (if they want one), then they do what they please with them. Transporting it will be MUCH easier that way via Pokeballs, and assuming each part if big enough to get valuable Research/ Revive a Genesect from it , there will be no arguing over who gets main/complete control over it (Since everyone will have one). Of course, that requires committing paleotological blasphemy and there is the chance that only the complete skele can make one Super Genesect (even counting Mega Syrentide's methods, or other Legendary means of Revification), so this is probably the least savory method outside of destroying it outright so NOBODY gets their grubby hands on it for ill use after research has been done. It could also leave trace DNA behind at the dig site, but I imagine a Sword empowered Gunk Shot bombardment of the area would thoroughly destroy such lingering traces.

Idea #5 Use it as Bait, then ? - Scimitars want a Genesect bad, so we blatantly advertise the group has it to them and 'where' it is, then sit back and wait for them to try something and spring a trap on them, doing whatever else we want with the G.F. in the meantime. Greatly expedites the capture of all but the most cautious of Scims (or ones that haven't fled the Region by now), but this sort of thing is obviously so high risk and open to complications that its begging Iron to have at it with us. It'll also annoy Terra if this done, since he doesn't like such dishonorable tactics used on his once allies nor jeopardize the G.F. . Still, its a good idea....in theory.

Those are my thoughts, so mull them over and give me your feedback on them, mates!

(07-01-2020, 02:35 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
Quote:I agree that the Heavy Balls should be retrievable - you can write down 16 of them total.

Wheeeeee nice! Then let us retrive them all @Spiritmon, and would you agree with sharing them between equally between the group? That'd mean each of us gets 4 Heavy Balls, Shiva would just gift one of hers to Ventus upon reuniting so that he's not totally left out.

No problem. That's make the share equal to everyone.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
About revive Genesect, I say to revive via magic. It's the option with less problems, but the move cost could be problematic to handle it.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
Dagny is already aware of the fossil's existence, and everyone in the group generally seems to trust her, so I don't see a lot of harm in informing her that we retrieved it and seeking her advice later.

As for Professor Laurelin, she'll likely only be informed directly of the fossil if her research on fossil revivication is needed.  As Nathan is aware, she's also no stranger to keeping potentially dangerous secrets (remember Rampardos?).

The fewer people who know about the fossil, the less likely there'll be an information leak, of course.  That's part of why Nathan wishes to seek Dagny's advice on the matter.