Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Meta thread] Iron's PokeRole Adventure: The Skull Ruins
(03-11-2021, 04:33 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:
Thank you, dear! And don't forget Terra now! He's done a lot for the fairy maiden too, you know~

Sorry about that! Yes, we can do that scene anytime you wish, if you rather have it done with some RP rather than you just having Ventus give them to Shiva.

Oh right, Terra too, indeed!~ He's fondly resting in my memories as the guy that did such a great job making sure Shiva's fine, safe and protected, as well as a worthy successor of the empathic Pokemon Sociologist <3 I fear Shiva herself never really expressed it (unfortunately), but she's more than thankful for his presence and aid!

I, uh, don't have any scene concerning that in mind, it sounded like you had, dear? After all, Shiva in-chara has no idea at all about that TM, all she does know is to meet Ven sometime at the place they had their first date at.
...Which is actually something I can let her do and state in-game rather soon to have that resolved, might do that within the next few days if you're okay with that.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(03-12-2021, 11:00 AM)Iron Wrote: I don't know if I've thanked you all enough when the adventure really ended last year, but it has been great fun! I'll type up an overview of the postgame plot stuff I already had planned and people can toss in their description of any scene they want.

Playing in SR had its ups and downs, but it was definitely a fun experience overall.  I'm glad I found this forum and got to join up with you guys in the roleplay section.  I didn't think it would lead to as many play-by-post roleplay games as it has, but I think it's safe to say that we've all been inspired by the effort to some degree.

CCV, MCM, PS, SE (still gotta remind No One to update the summary thread here) have ultimately all come about because of SR, and there's still additional supporting material for some of these games that Windos and I have been slow cooking in the oven (speaking of which, don't forget about my other little project that I mentioned once upon a time, @Lord Windos!  I'm still gathering info for it just in case we ever have a chance to run it).  We've had so many characters and stories come about because of these games, and it's also kinda been developing into its own complex corner of the pokeverse, I guess?  I mean, it's canon that there's multiverse theory in pokemon, so why not?

There were a lot of music tracks that I never used during the course of the campaign, and some of the ones I picked out might never have an appropriate time to be unveiled, but it's definitely been fun thinking of what fits which situations, and I'm mostly happy with what the UOST looks like so far.  I may even use some of the unused tracks for other stuff in the future, now that I'm reviewing them again (man, I wish I'd labeled them better back then, before Brawl's channel got zapped out of existence...)  Sprinkling in the occasional track from everyone else also helped keep things varied beyond what I usually like to listen to, which is definitely something I can appreciate about the UOST (I still remember how surprised I was when Iron threw in tracks of his own during the Seikamater section).  If anyone attempts the E4 challenge (I still might, for example!), I've got some stuff picked out for that which I hope will be fun and help make each battle a little more atmospheric.

Once the big post game plot summary goes up, I hope that we can wrap up the big group points together and bring the larger story to a satisfactory conclusion.  After so many teases about the King and the Eye, being on the verge of reuniting the Lake Trio, and hearing that the Water Scimitars might be more of a danger than the Earth Scimitars ever were (to the point of possibly even being involved in character backstories), I'm still quite interested in seeing how it will all play out.

Speaking of characters, it's also been interesting to see all the ideas everyone's had for the characters they've created.  From the (mostly) normal stuff in SR to the zanier ideas in CCV and PS.  Seeing all the ideas has been a joy overall, and there's so many character ideas that I love conceptually.  I definitely look forward to seeing more in the future, because I don't think this train is fully stopping any time soon with all the ideas we've had so far for characters and campaigns.

If there's any one thing I hope to see in the future, though it's Iron joining us as a player instead of a GM just to see his take on that perspective!

--------------------

The short of it, though: thank you for running the Skull Ruins campaign and inspiring all of us, Iron.
SV spoilers:
Copycats.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(11-24-2022, 08:48 PM)Iron Wrote: SV spoilers:
Copycats.

To be fair, yours is more cooler.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
First of all, big thanks for sharing!! A pleasure to read through it all.

(12-29-2023, 06:07 PM)Iron Wrote:
Hold on though, if they're protected by Victini - wouldn't Bo then be technically unable to loose? Or is it more like the requirements you stated to beating him kinda 'override' Victini's influence? (Plus it is only SAID that a Trainer with Victini always wins [as stated in dex entries], which kinda sounds like it's to be taken with a grain of salt = it's not to be taken for a direct fact)

Regardless of that though: Hehe, I really like the point of 'a good trainer can win with any 'Mon'. And nope, no champion status for Shiva. She definitely does not have the will nor the direct desire to take Bo's place, and would not be much of a good fit - But that's totally fine to me, since me feels other PCs would make better champions if at all, and she already kinda has other plans for the future. Like, you know, become a prestigious PKMN Breeder. Carry over her dad's Daycare. Stay with Ventus and help him becoming a better person (and marry him)

Quote:What's in a pokeball? A PC? - "Isn't technology incredible?" <- Who is this guy?
Go back in time and you find him working on alchemy to live forever
Lol! I now accept this guy being the Nicholas Flamel of the Pokemon World as canon.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
You can't beat Bo through stats alone, yeah. Not even the greatest strategist would be able to beat him unless they fulfilled Victini's other requirements. He can also take damage and suffer setbacks. And there are certainly other forces that would trump Victini's dex entry.
Current project:
I think Nathan could have met two of those requirements to become Champion potentially, given enough time and development.  But by the end of the story, he was having doubts about if he wanted to take his career as a trainer all the way to becoming the Champion.  Especially with the offer of a Gym Leader position.  Knowing what we do now about the requirements, I don't think Nathan would have been able to beat Bo (at least not on the given terms).  His final goal for his League trainer career was never to become Champion, either.  It was to beat Hayes, which I think would have been totally doable.

------------------------------

I think what I find most interesting is the details about the Skull Ruins, and how to delve deeper into them.  We got as far as we could have on our own merits, and we would have needed a League Official's help to go deeper.  Or we would have had to figure out what Team Rocket did with the only known copy of the Strength HM.  And if we did, it seems like we would have very quickly run into Primal Cresselia...I wonder what implications that would have had on the very nature of the entire region?  Cutting this Legendary off from its nature sounds like a very difficult task given how baked into the pokemon world its influences are...

And to get even deeper than that and reach the treasure vault type layers, we would have needed one of the Royal Trio, and finding and enlisting the aid of one of them would be an adventure in and of itself, especially with the implications that them giving you access to what's left of Sarimanok's legacy and the sources of his success could have...

I'm not sure how many of those mysteries Nathan would have helped to solve in the end, but he was very invested in it as well as tracking down MIA Legendaries and HMs.  Maybe he could have reached those depths eventually.

------------------------------

As for the ending details of Nathan's own story...well, that's still a little up in the air I suppose.  But he would eventually settle down, take that position as a gym leader, and start a family of his own.  The Shattered Earth progress thread that No One started here some time ago hasn't been updated in awhile, but I can definitely say that his daughter Natalia is getting involved in quite the shenanigans during her own adventures...
It was always intended to be an open-ended campaign and it makes a lot of sense for each character to set their own "win condition" at the end!
Current project:
I remembered something today. I don't know how and why, it kinda just came to me somewhat suddenly. Minds and memory are weird things.

But there was a time/period (don't know when exactly that idea came up first, but likely somewhere late midgame or early endgame) where I semi-seriously considered for Shiva to go like 'screw you all, damned be the prophecy and being a hero, screw my probably-bright but strictly pre-determined future, now I do what I want' and join the Scimitars. All because of being fascinated by their magic or 'magic' shenanigans and wanting to be a part of it, experiencing her Pokemon's fairy-magic on a new level.

Yeah, but I really did not want to create a new chara, nor doom the region nor break her bond to Ventus. Though I'm lowkey convinced she would make a GREAT Scimitar once having gotten a knack of how to use a Gauntlet.
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
She probably would make a great (powerful) Scimitar, but the tech level at the time definitely had some questionable sides to it re: treatment of Pokemon.

In the end, it's all the same technology Sarimanok was using way back in the day, so it's possible Shiva could have been the one to put it to kinder use.
Current project: