Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game thread] Skull Ruins Pokerole
The more Shiva and me hear about the Barracks and stuff in and around Tumbleweed Town, the more it reminds on Area 51... With Garlicburg as the base. And the more she looks forward to see them aliens venture to this island tomorrow - she desperately hopes that she's not too late already.

Quote:"Shiva, I don't have a family. But maybe when I retire I will think about starting one." He smiles. "Few of my challengers are as qualified as you lot."
Oh... This makes her downcasted at first, but a dear and coy smile quickly comes up to her face again once Achilles continues. "Is that so? How lovely!~" (^o^)

Qualified for being the next Gym Leader... Shiva finds it a bit hard to believe that SHE is qualified in Achilles' view too, SHE who was down and sad about being not as good in the art of battling with Pokemon like the others were/are. But maybe having overcome these complexes of her for the most part is fighting enough, is it that what qualifies her in particular? She... She's not quite sure, but feels that this aspect plays a big role in this qualification. Thinking about this makes her feel all warm and proud of herself. Aww!~

"But.... Achilles, Sir...", she gazes directly into his eyes, "It... It wasn't just one of us who defeated this invader in space, it's been...all of us, together. N-none of us could have done that by themselves. Therefore, do tell, wouldn't it be possible to passively inherit a part of the duties of Tumbleweed's Gym Leader to all of us? I mean, all of us who'd wish to and agrees." She glances over to Nathan and Terra and thinks of Heart. "For example, it'd be too much for me to study at Telperion and lead my dad's Daycare AND leading this Gym all simultaneously, but what I could surely try to do is keep up that tradition you mentioned: 'Teach fighting skills to anyone who comes seeking to improve their sparring'. 'F-fighting' skills as in skill in 'Pokemon Fighting' that is, not that one where you fight people as a sport.... The art of battling with Pokemon is such a diverse one, there are so many styles of how to battle, and there are surely some individuals like me who have an inner potential and wish to train and hone this one instead of learning how to win with brute force and physical strength. How.... How does that sound to you?"
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(Is there a way for you compress my posts Iron in Spoiler thing? It's way to much close your answers to my own posts.)

With that done, Heart keep the Helmet. (Confirmation of full abilities of the helmet @Iron? Dragonstrike and Windos gave me already descriptions of the powers, but I would like to have information from you about all the powers).

Heart walk around Cress City, trying to think how he could use his powers better. He was also searching some sort of thing to do, since he finish most job in heal most Kadabra.

Also, another question: Since Heart, Shiva, Nathan and Terra regional heroes, I suppose they now have fans maybe? So there is no person in Cress City who recognizes Heart? Like fans, or maybe fangirls? It would be a funny scene to be honest.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(01-20-2020, 12:48 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 12:35 PM)Iron Wrote: "Tumbleweed Town is the home of the Barracks. It must be defended at all costs. You have more intense battle experience than anyone not already employed by the League. It's just common sense. There's something else, though. Traditionally, the leader of Tumbleweed Town has to teach fighting skills to anyone who comes seeking to improve their sparring. The ones who defeated Deoxys against all odds are well suited to that duty. From Tumbleweed Town, you and your trainees must guard the Bay, the desert, the Divide, and Garlicburg. It's a huge responsibility, and not one I ask lightly."

"A Gym Leader must choose a type or theme to specialize in, when it comes to accepting challengers. It doesn't have to be the Fighting type, but it has to be something not already claimed by another Creshirean Gym Leader. Fighters are the most common choice due to the nature of the job."

Interesting...that raises a few more questions, though...

"So it's part Gym Challenge, part dojo, part guard duty...that begs the question, though: what exactly needs to be guarded so fiercely?  I know the government has its own host of secrets in this area, most of them being in Garlicburg.  What exactly, even I've not been able to find out.  But would that be information the Gym Leader is privy to?  Easier to guard something in some ways if you know what exactly it is you're defending."

"Oh, and I presume you've run this by the League already and that they're okay with it?  Wouldn't want to tread on any toes for such an important position."

"Aye. The Gym Leader will be privy to many specialized secrets and classified information. They'll also receive communications involving requests you may not understand, things that affect secret military missions. There are still a lot of secrets I don't get to know. The Tumbleweed leader's primary responsibility is preserving the lives of the soldiers in the barracks, as well as the expensive technology there."

"I must pass on the title of Gym Leader to one person. That person would be welcome to delegate jobs however they choose, so long as they still accept challengers - and the responsibility of your delegates."

(Spirit, it keeps misformatting my posts whenever I quote you, not sure what's up with that. I'll try linking to your posts instead of replying.)
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
The Helmet moves your mons to the top of the initiative order and lets them ignore accuracy penalties, such as those imposed by Fissure or Sand Attack.
If you use a move without a penalty, it's an automatic hit and crit.
You can also move battlefields really quickly.

Yes, Heart has tons of fans, including people who witnessed your first concert here and really want to see Delta Onix. Some of them are reallllly hard to get rid of.
You can certainly impress them with the speed in which you restore order to the destroyed parts of the region.
Current project:
(01-24-2020, 03:18 PM)Iron Wrote: "Aye. The Gym Leader will be privy to many specialized secrets and classified information. They'll also receive communications involving requests you may not understand, things that affect secret military missions. There are still a lot of secrets I don't get to know. The Tumbleweed leader's primary responsibility is preserving the lives of the soldiers in the barracks, as well as the expensive technology there."

"I must pass on the title of Gym Leader to one person. That person would be welcome to delegate jobs however they choose, so long as they still accept challengers - and the responsibility of your delegates."

Nathan thinks it over...

"I'll consider taking the position.  I do want to have a crack at the Elite 4 first, though, and hopefully Bo as well afterwards.  Could that possibly affect things any?  But regardless of that, I'm definitely going to need this gym's badge.  So, you up for a challenge, Achilles?"
Aww well, Shiva's a tad bit disappointed that things can't really be splitted up - but as she considers things further in silence, that's actually fine. She kinda DOES desire a small slice of the cake though by being allowed to help young people strengthen and train their inner potential or at least be there for advice though SHALL someone of the group become the new Gym Leader of this small and desert-y Tumbleweed Town.

Once everything's appearantly cleared and clarified, the natural fae-enthusiast coughs a bit and makes amends about leaving. "Well, eh... I think I've gotta go then if I wish to arrive before darkness falls... It... It's been a real pleasure to talk with you Achilles, and your offer really really served to honor and venerate me, I thank thee a lot for that!" She bows deeply for him. "I'm sorry again for having to decline... But I hope you understand. N-nathan, I wish you all the best and luck for your Gym Battle now, forgive me for being unable to watch - but I'm certain you'll do well!~ Achilles Sir, we'll meet again for my very own battle where it'll be my delicacy against your sheer power.... For now, it's until then."

And off she is, out of the big wigwam and into the hot and dry air of the desert again. She's somewhat glad to be out of that place nevertheless as she shields her eyes from the sinking but still harsh sun and summons dear Tropius once more - on leafy wings and with awhirl sand they take off into the sky. Where they're heading to, I'll state in a seperate post tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(01-24-2020, 03:21 PM)Iron Wrote:
Heart is pretty nervous. He never had this big wave of fans. Actually, he never had fans at all! He didnt know what to say. But Lancelot touch the side of Heart, and let him speak. 

Heart sight and decided to try to use this opportunity. "Err...Hello people of Cress City! Well...some of you might have see me before in my last concert. You want see Delta Onix? Well..." Heart then grab the Pokeball. "I hope you not disapoint, because I dont have anymore Delta Onix..." Then he release Quetzal, the Delta Steelix. He fly in the air with his metalic wings, like a big jet airship! "People of Cress City, meet Quetzal! My Delta Steelix!" Quetzal show his aerial maneuvers, showing the power of his aerodynamic body. 

When he finish the aerial show, he approach Heart and offer a seat in his head. Heart pat the head of Quetzal and then with Lancelot, they were above in the ground, to be able to talk with the people of Cress City, or only his fans. "Well...you have to forgive me, but I never had fans before so...I dont know what to say. Just...thank you for the warm welcome I suppose...But...I not some kind of hero, nor I dont to be reconize as one. I just someone you all: I just did what I though was the right thing to do."

"I was just one of the people who stop the disaster. The true heroes is the Pokemon, our companions and friends. Who sometimes is treat as mere tools by many trainer...when in fact they are the true heroes and protagonists of save the world..." Heart look to Quetzal and Lancelot. "Without then, defeat Deoxys would not be possible. Trainers. Ace Trainers. Bug Trainers. Everyone. Pokemon are not tools. They not weapons of fighting. They are our friends and companions. They are just like us. They walk in the same Earth. They breath the same air. Drink the same Water. But more important..." Heart point the sky. "They live under the same sky. Treat your Pokemon not in a relantioship as master and servant. But as companions and parteneers. Because, they when time comes, the bond between you will show greater distances. And you someday might become even greater heroes."

"Every Pokemon has infinity potential. From the weakest Magikarp to the strongerst Gyarados. Also, dont mistreat nature. Humans always try to distance himself of it...but we are more close to nature than we think. The Earthpower is around us. The power Pokemon use, and humanity is also connect to it."

"The victory over Deoxys its not a victory...but a reminder to us: How little and weak humans are alone. But when together, even gods from deep space have to fear us. Pokemon and Human fighting together have the strongerst bond. Never forget that. This war also teach us something important and vital: War is not pretty. Lives was lost. Both human and Pokemon. But also show us how much important life is. And each one of you should consider bless, for able to survive such event...you see war, death and the miracle of life."

"You people are the TRUE heroes! Use that new knowledge from this war. Teach the new generations the importance of peace. "The ones who did not learn from the past, are curse to repeat the same mistakes." Its the duty of each of you teach the meaning peace to the future. Death may be the only absolute certain in this world...but...life is also the absolute truth in this world too."

"The world doesnt need Kings, heroes, or anything between. But teachers. Teachers who can guide future generations to the right path, but never taking away their free will."

"Because...if take away free will...we are no better than tyrants and criminals..."

Heart said those last words, feeling the heavy burden of thousands generations of his clan. Three thounsands years of duty and corruption. 

He know peace its not eternal...but he will try create a peace who can last...

Now the question who is left: Is his words reach the hearts of the people? And can prove this to Lancelot his worth in the wield of a Aegislash?
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(01-24-2020, 04:04 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: And off she is, out of the big wigwam and into the hot and dry air of the desert again. She's somewhat glad to be out of that place nevertheless as she shields her eyes from the sinking but still harsh sun and summons dear Tropius once more - on leafy wings and with awhirl sand they take off into the sky.

They are heading west and towards the coast, and soon there's nothing but the sea beneath Shiva and her dear Tropius. She can hear the rushing of the water below and the squawking of some Wingull around, and as she dares to turn her head she can literally watch how Chreshire becomes smaller and smaller and further and further away. All too soon the coastline has disappeared and all she can make out are the highest peaks of the Great Divide. Petting her Tropius' neck Shiva nonverbally asks him to keep going.

Soon it becomes rather silent and even a bit lonely as they continue flying over the sea, and Shiva knows very well that she's being in a dangerous situation. She clings to her Tropius more at this thought and does her best to stay attentive and on guard. The Ancient Shield is kept active to grant protection to Tropius all the time, just in case they're getting attacked by wild Pokemon from below or above them. Every now and then the natural fae-enthusiast checks a compass to see whether they haven't lost their way. "We're making good progress so far, Tropius... Please tell me if you're getting tired and we shall find a place for a short rest."

+++++++

They're flying and flying, their flight feeling endless.... (@Iron, does something happen on their flight that needs a reaction? Like for example, any special sightings or encounters. Shiva does certainly keep an eye open for the former).

....and soon something appears at the horizon that is both familiar to her and makes her smile, just as the distant sun has started to sink and the sky is turning orange: The roof of a few skyscrapers, and soon bridge pillars join the scenery. Magnificent and beautiful bridge pillars, ones only to be expected in a region that features various bridges, bridges so well known that architectural enthusiasts tend to come from far and near to admire them.

A few ships are soon visible, hurrying to get to the docks before night falls. One particular and extra-noble looking ferry has just left the haven and takes rich people and interested Trainers a like on a ride. Shiva can't help but to chuckle as she remembers her own ride with this ferry.

The skycrapers grow and grow in size and height and soon Shiva guides Tropius to prepare for landing. They're aiming for the pier closest to them and the least crowded, Tropius looks very exhausted but just as pleased as he eventually is able to get some firm ground beneath his feet. He promptly receives a loving hug and and two handful of dried Berries as a reward.

Shiva takes a moment to enjoy the breeze of the sea running through her hair and the artistic lamps here at the pier, by now they have been turned on to provide a comfortable setting with their light. Shiva has finally arrived, she hasn't been here since having departed to her journey through Chreshire, but now she has eventually found the time and means to visit her hometown.

Returning Tropius into his respective Pokeball for some rest and summoning Whimsicott for the sake of companionship instead, Shiva rushes down the pier and into the city, aiming for the next station of the local metro. She knows exactly which line she has to take and doesn't have to wait long for it to arrive. She's thrilled with anticipitation and feelings of home as she and her dearest fluffball enter among three dozens of other people, some dressed in business suits and some packed with bags containing groceries. Whimsicott cuddles up closer to Shiva, not yet being used to so much hustle and bustle.

+++++++

She leaves the metro station after ten minutes and steps out into fresh air again, she's now only a few minutes by foot north of the Central Park/Central Area. She turns left into a brightly lit alley, an alley she's also used to take when visiting the Park.

And very soon the destination's coming into view: It's a relatively small ('small' as in 'small compared to all the skyscrapers of the city') but cozy-looking two-floor'd house with a big backyard, a welcoming entrance area and a wooden sign making this house "Xanthodes' Daycare - Dipl. Pokemon Breeder specialized in gendered breeding and egg-moves", with displayed opening hours and contact data on a smaller sign below. At this time of the day her father must be there, almost guaranteed busy with preparing a warm dinner since his wife and Shiva's mother are expected to return from the Medal Office all too soon. Of course Shiva has a house key with her - but it's more fun and more of a pleasant suprise to ring the bell!~ ☆(^v^)

(Am going to leave things at this point to GM with him controlling her parents - I kinda wish for a nice and welcome visiting-home-scenery, been wanting for Shiva to stop by again since we've been going dicelessand we've been allowed to leave Chresire. )
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(01-24-2020, 03:41 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 03:18 PM)Iron Wrote: "Aye. The Gym Leader will be privy to many specialized secrets and classified information. They'll also receive communications involving requests you may not understand, things that affect secret military missions. There are still a lot of secrets I don't get to know. The Tumbleweed leader's primary responsibility is preserving the lives of the soldiers in the barracks, as well as the expensive technology there."

Nathan thinks it over...

"I'll consider taking the position.  I do want to have a crack at the Elite 4 first, though, and hopefully Bo as well afterwards.  Could that possibly affect things any?  But regardless of that, I'm definitely going to need this gym's badge.  So, you up for a challenge, Achilles?"

He immediately draws a line in the sand with his toe. "Always."
It sounds like he'll be willing to wait until you attempt the E4. If you become Champion you can't become a Gym Leader unless you forfeit your duties as Champion back to Bo.
Former Champions still hold high office, btw.
Current project:
Heart's crowd goes crazy, like fans at an airshow where military jets fly in formation. Quetzal is happy to show them what he's got. He can even do some amazing new moves now that you have the Helm.

Another benefit of being a celebrity is that people actually listen when you start to philosophize. The pep talk goes over well, and you think if you ever need to convince these people to do certain things, they'll be more receptive. Lancelot is definitely watching closely as well.
Current project: