Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game thread] Skull Ruins Pokerole
(10-03-2020, 10:03 PM)Iron Wrote:

(Rose probably already have all the Fire Moves she can learn. The MSC it's just a gift for P. Arcanine.)

"It is just a way to talk Master Arcanine. I know my ancestor Ark never put foot in this continent as far I know. I meant if she had some sort of similar training back in her time in Sinnoh I mean."

"So Sarimanok had a natural charisma towards strong Pokemon. Well, I wish I had the chance to talk with him someday. Maybe ask him a few questions and probably punch his face for what he done. Anyway, thanks for everything Master."

(Mechanical speaking, how Heart powers exactly work now?)
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
You and Arcanine bow to each other and head your separate ways.

So your power works much the same as ever, except now it can be used when a flame wouldn't normally be possible - in warm water, in freezing weather, in an airless environment, or when there's no fuel to burn at all. The same is true for your Pokemon's fire moves. Freezing water can still put out your flames though, or a chemical fire suppressant.

Your control over it is also finer, so if you wanted to make shapes or things like that, you could.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(10-05-2020, 01:21 PM)Iron Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 11:29 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Hummmm. Incredibly smug, well-dressed and gold everywhere: Shiva would have NOTICED if she saw or read about someone like that during her so-far-journey, wouldn't she? If she's recounting and rethinking, does this describtion ring some bells within her mind or doesn't it?

You didn't get to know their personalities, but you/the party have encountered a few people with lots of gold jewelry. Anaster, who had a golden belt from the League and golden rings. Some of the sailors in Murkrow Cove, including one named Pauahi.

'Anaster'!! THAT was the name I was looking for and had on the tip of my tongue. Thanks to bringing it back to my mind!

In-chara, it doesn't take Shiva long to link an image of a man with waving silverly hair, a golden belt from the League and a Dratini (Dragonair/Dragonite by now?) with what the student tells her about whom they got the Honedge Egg from. "I see...." *pose that displays her thinking hard, completel with frowns and a hand on her chin* "Never directly spoke with a person that'd match, but.... Do tell me please, does the name 'Anaster' ring any bells to you? It's a guy I heard of a few times during my journey so far, and he won this year's Safari Cup with ease and style. Is he...some sort of famous person or celebrity here in Creshire?"

We can also assume that Shiva will contact Nathan/@Dragonstrike to ask whether he knows something about/has heard of that Anaster, given that he's native to Creshire. She'll ask in a curious and intrigued manner, not failing once to remain friendly. "Say, haven't you too a feeling that something's up with that guy? In a more positive way, I mean."
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(10-07-2020, 11:10 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: We can also assume that Shiva will contact Nathan to ask whether he knows something about/has heard of that Anaster, given that he's native to Creshire. She'll ask in a curious and intrigued manner, not failing once to remain friendly. "Say, haven't you too a feeling that something's up with that guy? In a more positive way, I mean."

Nathan has both quite a bit to say and not much at all.

"I've not actually had much time to look into him, to be honest.  I know he's definitely got some kind of background in breeding, as well as access to Mega Stones, a Key Stone, and the Surf HM.  He obviously did something for the League, but I've been a little too busy to figure out what.  He's also apparently very good at bonding with pokemon according to Tanuki.  She said that his pokemon are usually able to mega evolve within a matter of weeks when he starts training them.  Definitely a skilled trainer, and he's active in the tournament scene if his participation in the Little and Safari Cups is any indication.  I was hoping to get a chance to chat with him during or after the Safari Cup, but...well, you know how that went."

"Anaster's also probably participating in the Gym Challenge.  I think Dagny said after your battle that some guys with gold belts gave her a tough fight before we ended up challenging her.  Emphasis on 'guys'.  Anaster might not be the only person in that group.  Strange that he's the only one we've heard about and encountered so far, though, if I'm being honest.  I'm a little busy right now, but if I can find some time, I can look into them a little more if you want."
Quickbeam's student didn't hear the man's name, but from your description - especially that trademark silver hair - she thinks it's the right person from whom she got the Honedge Egg.
Current project:
Towards Nathan:

Shiva listens to what he can tell her with great interest and attention, all of this is making her rather thoughtful and pensive. "I see, thanks... Yes, seems obvious to me that this 'Anaster' has done something significant to or for the League, seeing that he's got such a pretty golden belt and Keystone just like those we received after having handled the, uh... invasion. Hummm..."

There's a long break where the natural fae-enthusiast contemplates what to do, how to approach things now at best. She quickly interrupted as the young historian mentioned being busy right now! "Oh, I'm... I'm sorry that I'm coming to you with this while you're busy with your own businesses! Σ(°ロ° ) *nervous sweating* Uhm, IF you'll find the time, yes, it'd be neat if you'd too look into this further! I will do so myself of course as well, contacting the League and such, but together we might be more successful!! Uh, what's keeping you so busy actually?" That's simply a kind and curious questions of hers.

Towards Prof.Quickbeam and the student (and Honedge):

So it's INDEED like Shiva believed it to be, this curious person named 'Anaster' is it!! Hah, knowing this is a significant step further down the road in her book. Now she's also feeling like she's got a valid reason to look further into this ominous person!~

She kindly bows towards the Prof. and the student, expressing that they've been helping her quite decently. "Thank you lots, I think I know how to progress now! I'll be on my way then. Professor, hopefully we'll see one another again soonish, with me eagerly listening to a lecture you're holding! (⌒▽⌒)☆" With Whimsi clinging to her (the fluffball's giving the tiny Honedge a sly and unafraid smile as a goodbye), Shiva's off.

She might not look into this 'Anaster' right away, but it's noted. First of all she'll head back to the Lobby of Telperion, where she cuddles her sunbathing Pokemon and searches for someone who can help her with a potential enrolment and scholarship. Her field of study of course being the Breeding and Care of Pokemon to become an appropriate successor in leading her dad's Daycare!
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(10-08-2020, 12:44 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:

"I'm making preparations to search for Kelda.  I need to have a chat with her, ideally before we go on that big mission. I don't have much to go on right now since she's keeping a low profile, so I'm going to start looking around Charring Cross and Liverwort.  Don't know how long I'll be searching for, so I'm making sure I've got enough supplies for extended trips into the surrounding wilderness.  If you don't hear from me for awhile, that's what I'm probably doing."

--------------------------------

And after Shiva's done speaking with him, that's exactly what Nathan is going to do.  Initially, he's going to FLY over to Liverwort Town and ask around about a person matching Kelda's description, possibly with a Noivern.  If he's lucky, maybe someone will have at least seen her passing or flying by...

(Also, description of Liverwort since this is the first time it's being visited by a player?)
Shiva
https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthre...2#pid74912

Shiva is famous enough now that when her Trainer ID crosses the desk at the lobby, she gets a look of recognition. "Oh! You're Shiva, you have done some great deeds recently! This will look incredibly good on your applications for scholarships and acceptance. You can also apply to have a mentor - of course Professor Quickbeam would be good if you want to study Eggs themselves, or you could apply to work with Professor Yavanna who studies how Pokemon species and move prevalence change over time."

As we discussed earlier, the "semester" will start whenever is convenient for Phantom.
Current project:
Liverwort is an interesting town! It has been half-subsumed by the surrounding thick pine forest. This town is high elevation and nestled in a pocket of the Great Divide. Most every tree is an evergreen, many twisted and gnarled by harsh winter weather. Thick lichens droop from tree boughs that stretch like hands over the small stone houses of Liverwort. It's perpetually shady in this town, which is nice in the summertime but makes it quite cold in winter, and limits visibility in the thickest areas. The stone houses often have patterns of brightly colored bricks, but anyone who doesn't maintain their house soon finds their walls coated in lichen and their lawns turned to Stantlermoss. That's the favorite food of Stantler, and this area is the source of most of the Stantler you see during a Running.

There are a lot of rocky landslides that formed encircling mountainous arms around the town. You've heard that some sort of protector spirit (presumably a Pokemon) helps to keep landslides from impacting the town. The cast off rocks form a protective barrier of their own. Only one entrance road is maintained through the rocky hills.

As you FLY lower, you're seeing a lot of alpine and sub-alpine Pokemon. Snover, of course. Noctowl is common, though never any fragile Hoothoot. Conversely, you can find extra-small, tough licheny Shroomish here, but they never evolve into Breloom - too tall and willowy for a fungal life form here. Signs of Shiftry habitation, their bowers formed of bent pine trees growing in cultured shapes. Obviously plenty of rock mons visible among the actual rocks. There are a few tame Donphan in huge rocky paddocks, and they grow sparse woolly fur with moss in it. Small mammalian mons may exhibit a white winter morph here. It's a good place to catch a mon with an unusual pattern.

Where the town burrows deepest into the encircling mountains, there's a second, smaller valley. No buildings are there, but at the center of the valley is a sizable rock covered in particularly strange moss. No trees grow in this valley, only smooth moss that looks very comfortable underfoot.

Nathan has heard about traditions where someone might travel to Liverwort to seek advice on big life decisions - which of two girls to marry, what career to pick, which starter Pokemon to request. There's a chapel, a constant career faire, some indoor or outdoor taverns, a big rec center where events are held, and if all that fails, you can just ask an elderly person sitting on their porch.

All this to say, the residents of Liverwort are quite used to answering questions. No one seems to have seen Kelda, but they've seen a Noivern returning to the northern cliffs every morning, beyond that mini-valley.
Current project:
(I've been saving this music track for awhile now : D )

Liverwort Town: Azalea Town Arrangement by insaneintherainmusic - Pokemon G/S/C

Nathan shivers and leans closer into Charizard's back as they get closer to Liverwort Town.  Brrrrr...of course it's a snowy mountain town...good thing it's summer, and he came prepared for a trip to colder climates as well, expecting a foray into the mountains on his search.  This is going to be far from comfortable for him, but he's trying his best to not complain about it out loud.  It's definitely far, far better than that chilly climate deep underneath Mt. Sentry.

Fortunately, he doesn't expect he'll be here long anyways since questions are generally welcomed here.  Any answers he gets, he'll be extra sure to pay attention to.  The words of those who have come before you are something to be heeded and considered in his opinion, after all.

What the townsfolk have to say about that Noivern is definitely of particular interest.  But there's definitely still some specifics that might help narrow things down a little.  "Every morning, huh?  Is that Noivern flying around a recent thing?  Like within the last week or two?  Can't say that I've seen many Noivern besides the ones owned by people I've traveled with previously, including who I'm looking for."

Charizard's turned in that direction to watch the skies in the meanwhile as well.  Not really a whole lot to see, though.  Just a lot of rocks and clouds.  Maybe some rock shaped clouds every so often, too.