• 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game thread] Skull Ruins Pokerole
So I think it looks like this as the battles begin:

1. Biker Springle
2. Nurse Joy (Shiva, Nathan)
3. Wild Paras 
4. Wild Kricketot
5. Ekans nest (Larry, Vincent, Ventus)

(if anyone has issues seeing a particular color, let me know)

As Shiva plays with Cottonee and accepts Nurse Joy's offer of battle, Ralts wanders up to Shiva and gazes at her with MUCH interest for a moment, until Nathan gives an order.

Nurse Joy leads you into a big back room with a big plexiglass window, so the rest of the Pokemon Center can view the battle if desired. There are curtains for those who'd rather have a private battle.

"If it's a double battle you're after, I'll be using my Pikachu (*poof!*) and Tangela! (*poof*!) Perfect Pokemon to train on and to make sure you newer trainers understand Pokemon battle safety!"

As the rain pours down, Larry saunters nonchalantly into the Long Grass. Vincent and Ventus come racing after him. The policeman looks up from where he's unsticking a child's innertube (child included) from a storm drain, and shouts some commands to his Growlithe. It runs steaming through the rain, ready to intimidate any snakes. The cop hurries after as fast as he can, still encumbered with a young swimmer and a bright pink inner tube.

While Larry is staring at what he thinks is an Arbok, a real Ekans slithers up behind him. Everyone hears the sound of another Ekans rattling, getting louder and louder. Luckily Oshawatt, made chipper by the rain, has noticed the nearby Ekans.

Ok! Now we're getting to some dice! Some combat, and some rules!

Remember, combat on this forum works a lot like the games - everyone in each combat declares their attack, and I've written down moves for the opponents to use already.
You can use multiple actions in one turn if you like, BUT this will reduce the chance of all actions succeeding.
I'll roll all dice for you.

Unlike in the games, you can think outside the box! You can describe what your trainer does or how you turn your Pokemon's special ability against your opponent, or how you use the battlefield to your advantage.

Go ahead and declare some actions!
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(04-11-2017, 05:13 PM)Iron Wrote: So I think it looks like this as the battles begin:

1. Biker Springle
2. Nurse Joy (Shiva, Nathan)
3. Wild Paras 
4. Wild Kricketot
5. Ekans nest (Larry, Vincent, Ventus)

(if anyone has issues seeing a particular color, let me know)

As Shiva plays with Cottonee and accepts Nurse Joy's offer of battle, Ralts wanders up to Shiva and gazes at her with MUCH interest for a moment, until Nathan gives an order.

Nurse Joy leads you into a big back room with a big plexiglass window, so the rest of the Pokemon Center can view the battle if desired. There are curtains for those who'd rather have a private battle.

"If it's a double battle you're after, I'll be using my Pikachu (*poof!*) and Tangela! (*poof*!) Perfect Pokemon to train on and to make sure you newer trainers understand Pokemon battle safety!"

As the rain pours down, Larry saunters nonchalantly into the Long Grass. Vincent and Ventus come racing after him. The policeman looks up from where he's unsticking a child's innertube (child included) from a storm drain, and shouts some commands to his Growlithe. It runs steaming through the rain, ready to intimidate any snakes. The cop hurries after as fast as he can, still encumbered with a young swimmer and a bright pink inner tube.

While Larry is staring at what he thinks is an Arbok, a real Ekans slithers up behind him. Everyone hears the sound of another Ekans rattling, getting louder and louder. Luckily Oshawatt, made chipper by the rain, has noticed the nearby Ekans.

Ok! Now we're getting to some dice! Some combat, and some rules!

Remember, combat on this forum works a lot like the games - everyone in each combat declares their attack, and I've written down moves for the opponents to use already.
You can use multiple actions in one turn if you like, BUT this will reduce the chance of all actions succeeding.
I'll roll all dice for you.

Unlike in the games, you can think outside the box! You can describe what your trainer does or how you turn your Pokemon's special ability against your opponent, or how you use the battlefield to your advantage.

Go ahead and declare some actions!

A Frantic Battle! Or two...
Trainer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBqRclvvmcE
Wild: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24rDEJxVCm0

'Well, I didn't expect Nurse Joy to show up THAT quickly.  Oh well.  Let's get this show on the road then...'

As Nurse Joy sends out her pokemon and Shiva and Nathan send out theirs, Ralts's Trace ability activates and copies the ability of one of the opponent's pokemon!  (not sure who it'll target or what ability they'll have since the target is random in a double battle in the games and I don't know their abilities [except Pikachu probably has Static since this is still early on].  It shouldn't impact whatever decisions are made on turn one though since Pikachu and Tangela don't have super important abilities to account for on turn one).  

"Alright Ralts, let's make this a little easier for ourselves.  Use Growl!"

EDIT: Welp, since everyone is putting in their move descriptions and such, guess I'll do that too.

Initiative: D6 + 3 Dex + 1 Survival
Move: Growl
Accuracy: N/A (cuz scrapped contest stats and workarounds and whatnot. For the record, I'm fine with dex being used for accuracy related stuff when needed. Not sure about in general. Waiting for a ruling on this one before I fill it in)
Effect: Lower all opposing pokemon's strength by 1
Rulebook says it's a random foe.

Low = pikachu, high = tangela

(3) - Ralts now has Static.

edit: i'll resolve Growl when all attacks are declared
Current project:
Battle Music:
Fighting Right On

Mechanics:
Intimidate - Pokemon Ability: Turn 1

Initiative: D6+3
Dice + 3 Dex + 0 Survival
Order: Bite
Accuracy: Pool 6
3 Dex + 3 Fight + 0 Brawl 
Damage: Pool 4 - Def, Flinch *3*
2 Str + 2
Flinch *3*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He doesn't need to voice anything - Winston instinctively throws himself into the fray with a snarl, instinctively throwing itself at the Ekans slinking up behind him with all the fury of a police dog racing into the fray.

He knows his job better than me. I suppose.

"Winston! Cover the kid and take it down!" Vincent shouts, hobbling towards the fight to position himself between the snake and Larry.

No time for niceties.

He lowers his posture into a bartitsu guard position, reversing the grip on his cane and keeping it raised to knock away a possible thrust, intent on keeping the coiled snake away from the teenager's back should it slip past Winston's attack.

"BITE!"
Run. Must get their quick. Faster, FASTER.

With speed that was completely unexpected from such a frumpy researcher, Ventus sprinted into the tall grass, Raphael in his arms. With a steely gleam in their eyes, they bounded towards Vincents side, swiftly placing his Togepi on and calmly commanding it to enter the fray. "Raphael, one of our friends is in danger. We have to save them! So get out there and rescue them, partner," Ventus cooly said, staring dead into his Togepi's eyes.

A little startled at first, Raphael quickly adopted Zackrieh's mood, and with determination blazing in its eyes, enter the melee. Ventus scanned the battle field, locked onto the Ekans Vincent's Growlith was facing off, and quickly decided the course of action. Feeling their master's intent, Raphael race off to tag the target with Winston, and decided to use Charm on its opponent to diminish its threat.

Initiative: D6 + 1 + 3

D6 + 1 Dex + 3 Survival

Order: Charm

Accuracy: N/A (Not sure how to calc this one)

Effect: Lower Foe(s) Attack by two stages.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
We could just use Dex for most accuracy rolls.
Current project:
(04-11-2017, 07:00 PM)Iron Wrote: We could just use Dex for most accuracy rolls.

I'm fine with that, if that is the route you want to go down!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
This surely got serious rather quickly. A Pikachu and a Tangela were not Pokemon she expected Joy to use, she imagined a bulky monster like Chansey was, or an tenacious Audino... Eh, whatever, this's fine! No opponents who were much of a threat. Well, appart from Pika's Static. Better take care not to get too close to it.

"Okay, lil' Cottonee, could you now please get down from me, and use the magic of Fairy dust against Pikachu, until we might be strong enough to draw power from the Moon someday?"

(I'll edit the forumula and stuff later if that's fine, since I'm not near my sheet, nor the Corebook, nor my notes concerning the battle mechanics in this game. Question, will you calculate and post Damage done by our 'Mons according to the number of dice sucesses as well or will that be our job?)
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
I'll do any calculations not provided by the player. So since you're not near your computer and I am near mine, I can easily look up formulas.

initiative: D6 + 2 dex + 1 survival (only rolled once per battle per person) = 4 dice
move: fairy wind
accuracy: 2 dex + 0 fight + 0 canalize = 2
damage: 1 str +2 = 3

And I figure it will be easy peasy for me to total up the damage dice in particular.

Since I have enough info to resolve the Nurse Joy battle turn, normally I'd post that right now. Unfortunately I'm out of time this morning, so it'll have to wait until I get home from work.
Current project:
(I'm gonna need help with the move thing)

Larry turns around to walk back and tell the other, as Larry turns around he sees Vincent, and Ventus running thinking "what in the world is wrong with these two" then Larry sees the Ekans and "Lets go Oshowatt!" Larry shouts as the Ekans gets in to position "alright Oshowatt lets show him what we're made of use TACKLE"
RIP Larry 9/9/2016 - 8/31/2017 "blessed by lord Godmunk with patriotic values and a crush that lasted longer than expected"  Heart the skulls ruins RP group (main group not the random add ons)