Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game thread] Skull Ruins Pokerole
as Larry left the lab he registered his mom and called her "hello? is that you Larry sweetie" Larry replied "yes mom its me" soon Larry heared zorua and said "zorua come here" zorua barked and said "Larry I miss you were are you" Larry told zorua that he started a pokemon journey in Trillium Town Larrys mom replied "your in Trillium Town well we are in Corsage Port" Larrys mom told zorua to go play with the other pokemon and told Larry "please come get zorua she is getting very annoying every night she howls at the moon cause she misses you" Larry said ok and hung up "oh boy" said Larry and when over to Shiva and Vincent
RIP Larry 9/9/2016 - 8/31/2017 "blessed by lord Godmunk with patriotic values and a crush that lasted longer than expected"  Heart the skulls ruins RP group (main group not the random add ons)
The rain continues to fall as you leave the lab. The lightning has slackened, but has not halted, especially up toward the dangerous slopes of Mt. Ember.

Mallorn's labcoat becomes sodden as he chases after you into the rain.
"By the Six and the Four! I almost forgot! You also get your trainer cards here: each has a holographic picture of yourself which moves between two poses, as well as basic info about you. Many trainers choose a Trainertag, a nickname that describes them! Like my nephews, Riff and Raff. You can change this exactly once, at any Pokemon Center. Let me know if you want your Trainercard to read something other than your given name; I can print one out right now. Otherwise, you are ready for your journey."

"Good luck! Stay safe! Be EXCELLENT to each other!!"

He waves you on your way after passing out appropriate trainer cards.

The Pokedexes you have purchased are waterproof, luckily. The water glints on their smooth, dark-red surface. Flecks of holographic material glint in the casing whenever the streetlights play over them.
A chubby fellow with brown hair streaked with shinier red highlights grins when he sees your Pokedexes, and flashes his own. "These things get better every year. Isn't technology incredible?"

To leave Trillium Town (in any direction) without trespassing on Mt. Ember, one must first head south through a narrow mountain path, often choked with Long Grass. From the top of this pass, four roads and a river are visible.

To the east, Route 01 leads to Ginger Town. Many new trainers take it, for it offers mild wild Pokemon, and a "Newbie Zone" extends from Trillium Town's northern border all the way to Ginger Town. In this particular zone, inflicting the Poison status condition is strictly forbidden by the Pokemon League. Unfortunately, the rule does not seem to work on wild Pokemon. Newbie Zones can be found in various parts of the map.

The Great River Greenbriar, swollen with rain, follows the path of Route 01. Fishing is supposed to be excellent in this river, but the dangerous Pokemon come out when it is nearing the limits of its banks and rushing at its fastest.

Route 05 goes straight south. It is known as Breakneck Ridge, for it is a steep passage along a spur of the Divide. In this direction, it is downhill. There are wild Pokemon here; you can see huge Graveler and Machoke rearranging the mountain to suit them. When mounted, it's usually pretty easy to outrun them, though, because you can travel downhill at such great speed.

Route 06 to the west. This passes through the Earthstar Forest, which you can almost see growing in this heavy rain. From your great height, you can actually see the line of rain where it stops at Camas Desert beyond the forest.

The most famous road is the legendary Borealis Road, which runs along Route 01 for a mile or two. Only trainers with at least 6 gym badges are allowed to pursue its winding, dangerous path to where the Pokemon League awaits.

In the narrow pass of Trillium Town, or in the town proper, a few trainers await, their eyes alight with the steely glint of prospective battle. Even the lovely and peaceful Nurse Joy has that warlike look in her eyes as she volunteers to train with any new trainers.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
Everyone! Take 1XP for awesome roleplay in the lab. Keep it up!

When your party decides to move on from Trillium Town, they must pass through the pass! In doing so, they have some time to battle.

Battles are in slots. Each person should either join a slot, take time to train their Pokemon on their own, or say that they pass up the chance for all battle.

You are welcome to do other noncombat things even when an encounter list is posted.

I'll try to keep the encounter list up to date in one of the first posts of the thread.

Terms: "Cap" refers to how many people can participate, max.
"Bid" is for if more people want to do the battle than can possibly fit: they'll have to bid XP with each other and the highest bidder will get to do the battle. When a catchable Pokemon is available, but 2+ people wish to battle it, that's fine - however, only the highest bidder gets to throw Pokeballs unless you guys work something else out. Everyone else can just assist.

In this encounter phase, SOMEONE has to choose the Ekans Nest before the other encounters can be engaged. It's fine if all 5 of you want to tackle this together - but there's a chance the other encounters will flee during the next phase.

Tougher encounters yield more XP. Trainers yield more XP than wild Pokemon. Wild Pokemon yield more XP than a training session. Training session rules on page 64. You can train towards a Move, or you can just train for XP.

Encounters!

1. Name: Biker Springle
Cap: 2
Bid start: 1
Challenge: Slightly difficult
Notes: Springle likes to race down Breakneck Ridge on his bike with his Pokemon keeping up.
He's interested in a singles 1v1 battle or a doubles 2v2.

2. Name: Trillium Nurse Joy
Cap: 2
Challenge: Slightly difficult
Notes: Wants to ensure you have a basic understanding of Pokemon safety.

3. Name: wild Paras
Cap: 1 (2)
Challenge: easy

4. Name: Kricketot
Cap: 1 (2)
Challenge: easy

5. Name: Ekans nest in the Long Grass
Cap: none (Mandatory)
Challenge: tough
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
Trillium Town (1st Visit): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozc_6zN4SUs

Nathan looks around at the surrounding area. Nurse Joy on one side, a biker on the other, both looking for a battle. And between them, the path leading out of town, teeming with wild pokemon. He thought he heard the cries of wild bug pokemon coming from that direction, but what was more worrying to him were the cries of Ekans. He knew they lived outside the town in the nearby area, and he hadn't taken Ralts outside the town very often for that very reason. Their poison was dangerous, especially for fairy types. Of course, it wouldn't be as much of a problem if Ralts knew Confusion. That would put them on even ground with the poisonous snake pokemon. Bugs wouldn't really help against them either. If they were going to proceed, they would have to train first, or tackle the Ekans as a group. There's also the fact of the matter that he was still relatively new to being a trainer, and he didn't want to see Ralts get badly hurt on his account...

Nathan turns to the party, simply stating, "Okay, so we've got a bit of an issue here. There are some wild Ekans that have been nesting just outside town for a few days now at the very least. They've been blocking passage to and from the town for inexperienced trainers travelling by themselves. It doesn't help that three of us have fairy type pokemon, two of which can barely defend themselves as is. I think we need to prepare ourselves before heading onwards. I think those of use who need a refresher on the basics should go talk with Nurse Joy. I intend to go do that myself, seeing as Ralts and I will need the training. I don't know where you stand with trainer experience, Shiva, but I do know that Vincent should have a grasp of that already for obvious reasons. Ventus, as cold as my initial greeting to you was, I can respect the facts that you have a Togepi and are seemingly willing to help. Yes, I did hear that comment. I'll try not to upset our pokemon any further, and I trust you know how to handle raising a baby pokemon if you've managed to get yourself a Togepi. As for you, Nate...well, if the stories are to be believed, you have experience as a trainer already, no? I will admit, I am just a tad curious about whether those various rumors are true.

"So, keeping all that in mind, what does everyone else want to do? I'm going to go talk with Nurse Joy about some training.

"Oh, and if you're at all wondering how I know all this, I've lived here my entire life. I know this small town like the back of my hand. I've had plenty of opportunities to brush up on basic trainer and pokemon info as well throughout that time, but I'm wanting to get some actual practice in now."
How pleasant! Looks like behind that steely determination lies no completely cold heart... for now.

... Nope, she was glad that this meeting went all in all smoothly. In fact, she expected it to be... Hmm, how again? Anyway, that wasn't important right now. Trying to get along well with the others had priority.

She accepted his hand, and gave him a quite faint grip. Ah, in such moments, she cannot hide her uncertainity about this. On the other hand (sorry, that was a bad one...), she meant it honestly.

„Ah, I would not accept helping out at a Daycare Center if I wasn't somehow sure that I can do that~" Was that a very slight smile that broke through? Maybe. „After all, I know the mechanics and stuff. I have my reference on hand if I need to look things up. It's just not a Pokedex.“ -“Not yet“, her mind added to this.- „Given I wil be accepted there, temporarily, it would be also be a great source to earn money. Berries are for free, if you are lucky enough to stumble over trees that seem to be ready for harvesting, potions and stuff are not. Hmm...“

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah. So it indeed was raining. Too bad. Cottonee was not the only one who held a dislike against such a weather. At least the little fluffball was safe and dry there in its ball... Though, it wasn't even cold, no, it this air was refreshing. Once you forget about those mountains at the horizon, that still felt like a bad omen for Siva. To be not complety off-guard, - catching a cold right at the start wouldn't be helpful at all - she pulled out a long scarf in a red Tartan-patter, and wrapped it around in place. Ah, a little better... Once night breaks and it does get cold, she will still be able to add that cozy pitchblack hoodie she carries in her bagpack. For now, this was fine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ekans. Why did it have to be Ekans... Her very first own Pokemon would probably hate her if she'd so foolish to pick those as its opponent.... Damn.

"Wait a moment. Battleing Nurse Joy is absolutely no bad idea. You can heal up right away, and I, eh, well... could use that practical experience. If you're fine with that, that is."

"As for those snakes... You practically said it, Fairy and Fairy/Grass is not the best thing to counter them. Only thing I might do about that is to assure that I will share an Antidote or two if needed... Then there's the rain and high air moisture. Doesn't play along well with a Fire-type like Growlithe, practically speaking, but maybe a doglike creature would scare them away anyway...? An Oshawott, though, would benefit from this weather... "

(I hope the Nurse-Joy-Battle will occure indoors... Please tell me it does D: )
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Ventus was enjoying the rain outside, trying to forget the bad first impression he made with young Nathan. He signed, carefully rubbing the ridges of his Togepi's spine. Despite the wetness, he found the lab surroundings quite peaceful, and it certainy helped get his thoughts in order. Raphael certainly didn't seem to mind the rain, and even giggled and clapped its hand when it thundered. 'Such a brave little baby, they'll grow up to be a strong Pokémon, I'll make sure of it,' he thought, looking happily at Raphael, before his mind wandered over to Nathan.

'It appears that he is not the most sociable of people, and is rather defensive over his Ralts. They share a intensely close bond together, reacting to one another's moods almost instinctively. Strange. The Ralts line are known for their remarkable empathy, but their level partnership is something seldom seen until several year, sometimes decades go by. What could have prompted a baby Ralts to take to Nathan so quickly, I wonder." Ventus thought to himself, mulling over what he observed of their behavior. Since his intial greetings with him exploded in his face, he'll have to take it slowly with him, and build up more trust between them before he can get to the bottom of their troubles. "I just hope everything turns out alright between us; I just find out what caused him to become...unhinged when Almanac came up, and help through his problem however I can. All I can now is just wait..." he mournfully thought, not entirely free from his worry. He continued to wait outside, eyes now closed as he become more and more drenched, until the rest of the party began to congregate outside.

Quickly put a smile on his face, so as to worry anyone about him, he began to leave with them, when his group was stopped by a somewhat frantic Mallorn. After giving them their trainer cards and a brief tutorial on them, he finally sent them on their way. He was a little surprised he forgot something so basic in the first place, but was even more so when Nathan came up and smoothed things over with him. Ventus smile on his face turned genuine as he hummed quietly in joy, happy that he had not burned a bridge between them. " Ah, no need to fret about me, Nathan. I have a bad habit of being overbearing, so this isn't the first time I've gone and made a mountain out of a Dugtrio hill. All I just wish is that we get along together, and that I can help when you need it," Ven quietly said.

He then began to chuckle to himself, looking adoringly at Raphael, before saying to Nathan "Ah yes, my dear Raphael. While I don't find it very noteworthy taking care of a baby Pokémon, I can see why others consider it a remarkable thing, given a Togepi's rareness and remarkable sensitivity towards others. There is story about how I acquired this guy, actually. This story begins when I was about through with my Doctorial work. I was studying racial tension between native Unovians and immigrant Kantoans, and the underling causes of such hostility, and was in the park reviewing my day's notes underneath a nice shady tree, when I heard a faint cry that sounded distressed. I stopped what I was doing and began to look around, trying to pinpoint where I heard it. There was no one around me, so I was confused where it came from, until I heard it again and happened to look up. Above me, stuck between a few tree branches, was a Togekiss! It looked it had crashed into the tree and gotten its wing injured, and was quietly crying in pain of its injuries!"

"Needless to say, I literealy dropped what I was doing and scrambled to get it out of their safely. It was quite difficult, as it quite large and still struggling in the branches, but I managed to calm it down and carry it down from the tree. I look over its injury, gently straightening out its wing and bandaged from what I remember form the Pokémon Health class I took, then gave it a few Sitrus Berries I kept on hand to feed the local wildlife. Once that was done and the Togekiss had rested a bit from its recent plight, I carried it over to the nearest Pokémon center, and left it in their care. That was the last I heard of it for a couple of years, when someone contacted me for a meeting recently. Turns outs that Togekiss was some woman's Pokémon, and that person tracked me down and wanted to thank me in person for helping rescue their Pokémon. I think her name was Cynthia, if I remembered correctly, and she had loveliest blond hair imaginable. She wanted to give me one of her Togekiss' egg in thanks, and while I tried to turn her down, she was quite insistent in her offer. A few month later, and I had myself a baby Togepi, named them Raphael, and the rest, as they say, was history."

Ventus wrapped up his story to Nathan, looking down happily at his Pokémon. He never expected get his first Pokémon quite like this, but It goes to show how simple acts of kindness go a long way. 'If only the whole world was so kind,' Ventus thought, before turning towards Vincent. "My friend, perhaps while they are given instruction by that Nurse joy, we can go out and check on that Ekans problem? While I might not look like it, but I do have some experience with handling Pokémon, and your a Police Officer, so together we should be make some headway into this matter."
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(04-10-2017, 08:04 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Ventus was enjoying the rain outside, trying to forget the bad first impression he made with young Nathan. He signed, carefully rubbing the ridges of his Togepi's spine. Despite the wetness, he found the lab surroundings quite peaceful, and it certainy helped get his thoughts in order. Raphael certainly didn't seem to mind the rain, and even giggled and clapped its hand when it thundered. 'Such a brave little baby, they'll grow up to be a strong Pokémon, I'll make sure of it,' he thought, looking happily at Raphael, before his mind wandered over to Nathan.

'It appears that he is not the most sociable of people, and is rather defensive over his Ralts. They share a intensely close bond together, reacting to one another's moods almost instinctively. Strange. The Ralts line are known for their remarkable empathy, but their level partnership is something seldom seen until several year, sometimes decades go by. What could have prompted a baby Ralts to take to Nathan so quickly, I wonder." Ventus thought to himself, mulling over what he observed of their behavior. Since his intial greetings with him exploded in his face, he'll have to take it slowly with him, and build up more trust between them before he can get to the bottom of their troubles. "I just hope everything turns out alright between us; I just find out what caused him to become...unhinged when Almanac came up, and help through his problem however I can. All I can now is just wait..." he mournfully thought, not entirely free from his worry. He continued to wait outside, eyes now closed as he become more and more drenched, until the rest of the party began to congregate outside.

Quickly put a smile on his face, so as to worry anyone about him, he began to leave with them, when his group was stopped by a somewhat frantic Mallorn. After giving them their trainer cards and a brief tutorial on them, he finally sent them on their way. He was a little  surprised he forgot something so basic in the first place, but was even more so when Nathan came up and smoothed things over with him. Ventus smile on his face turned genuine as he hummed quietly in joy, happy that he had not burned a bridge between them. " Ah, no need to fret about me, Nathan. I have a bad habit of being overbearing, so this isn't the first time I've gone and made a mountain out of a Dugtrio hill. All I just wish is that we get along together, and that I can help when you need it," Ven quietly said.

He then began to chuckle to himself, looking adoringly at Raphael, before saying to Nathan "Ah yes, my dear Raphael. While I don't find it very noteworthy taking care of a baby Pokémon, I can see why others consider it a remarkable thing, given a Togepi's rareness and remarkable sensitivity towards others. There is story about how I acquired this guy, actually. This story begins when I was about through with my Doctorial work. I was studying racial tension between native Unovians and immigrant Kantoans, and the underling causes of such hostility, and was in the park reviewing my day's notes underneath a nice shady tree, when I heard a faint cry that sounded distressed. I stopped what I was doing and began to look around, trying to pinpoint where I heard it. There was no one around me, so I was confused where it came from, until I heard it again and happened to look up. Above me, stuck between a few tree branches, was a Togekiss! It looked it had crashed into the tree and gotten its wing injured, and was quietly crying in pain of its injuries!"

"Needless to say, I literealy dropped what I was doing and scrambled to get it out of their safely. It was quite difficult, as it quite large and still struggling in the branches, but I managed to calm it down and carry it down from the tree. I look over its injury, gently straightening out its wing and bandaged from what I remember form the Pokémon Health class I took, then gave it a few Sitrus Berries I kept on hand to feed the local wildlife. Once that was done and the Togekiss had rested a bit from its recent plight, I carried it over to the nearest Pokémon center, and left it in their care. That was the last I heard of it for a couple of years, when someone contacted me for a meeting recently. Turns outs that Togekiss was some woman's Pokémon, and that person tracked me down and wanted to thank me in person for helping rescue their Pokémon. I think her name was Cynthia, if I remembered correctly, and she had loveliest blond hair imaginable. She wanted to give me one of her Togekiss' egg in thanks, and while I tried to turn her down, she was quite insistent in her offer. A few month later, and I had myself a baby Togepi, named them Raphael, and the rest, as they say, was history."

Ventus wrapped up his story to Nathan, looking down happily at his Pokémon. He never expected get his first Pokémon quite like this, but It goes to show how simple acts of kindness go a long way. 'If only the whole world was so kind,' Ventus thought, before turning towards Vincent. "My friend, perhaps while they are given instruction by that Nurse joy, we can go out and check on that Ekans problem? While I might not look like it, but I do have some experience with handling Pokémon, and your a Police Officer, so together we should be make some headway into this matter."

Well, that was a story Nathan certainly hadn't expected to hear.  Ventus, this researcher who barely looked like one, saving Cynthia's Togekiss?!  Well then...but what surprised him more was that Ventus hadn't recognized her.  Just about everyone knew who she was, seeing as she's the Champion of the Sinnoh region...

And then he heard Ventus's comment about potentially joining in on helping with the Ekans problem.  "You sure that's a good idea, Ventus?  That's a nest of poisonous snakes you'd be walking into, with nothing but a fairy type with only 2 possible moves to potentially defend itself with, one of which is an egg move it's unlikely to have, and the 2nd being the completely random metronome after it's gained some experience battling, which I don't think Raphael has any yet.  And if those Ekans have even a little bit of experience, they'll know poison sting.  Sounds rather unfavorable for you."
"Retired. RE-TIR-ED Police Officer." There is the barest hint of a snarl as he speaks, a caution to the aware to drop the topic.

Not a conversation subject. Not up for debate. Drop it.

"It's been a while since I've had to do anything related to the line of a Pokemon Battle," he adds, glancing at Ventus while intentionally skirting the topic of his past.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

"Given the state of this group, and taking this under advisement, I'm of the opinion it's not particularly smart to pick a fight in poor conditions. We've already taken this long," He jabs his cane towards the road out of town for emphasis. "Waiting an hour for this soup to clean up won't hurt."

Winston whines irritably as the rain beats down, then stalks off to seek shelter under a nearby awning, shaking himself vigorously and sending a splatter of water over the immediate vicinity. 

"Way I see it, dealing with the snake problem's sort of secondary. We should probably get used to battling again first, 'specially the kids who look like they're seeing their first fight. 'Sides, we probably shouldn't pass up a chance to broaden our repertoires with a few additions before we head out loaded for bear and bounty. But what do I know?"

He considers for a moment, letting the idea percolate within his skull while making minor refinements to a planned course of action along the way.

"Way I see it, if that Paras is still out there when the rain stops, I might go give those Pokeballs the Prof handed out a spin before hitting up the nurse. Then if you want, Ventus, we can look into that snake in the grass."
"Hey! Don't call me a kid, ever, please. Not only because the age. While practical Pokemonbattling is not my speciality, per se, I prefer not to be thrown into one pot with those who receive their Starter without knowing a single thing about type advantages or who would be completely lost if the Pokedex would not tell them what species is crawling there in front of them."

Well, this came unexpected. Or not, from a appearantly melancholic police officier Though, she wanted to make that clear from the start on. Arceus know whether that couple at the Daycare will think just the same and demote her because... Ah, whatever. Battle experience is not everything.

She made attempts to head over to the Pokemon Center. At least, a possible first-hand-battle with Nurse Joy awaits! Maybe. Alongside, she indeed was curious to get to see whether Nathan's battle style is as risky and determined as she imagines it, or goes into a completely different direction. "Nathan , you're coming with me now or not? Also, I hope this damn rain stoppes soon... Don't feel like running through nature just to get all soaked."

What also interests her, while thanks for sharing the story about a hurt Togekiss and now having one of its offsprings as a Thank-You, Ventus appearantly rested in Unova for a while. That got her only more curious of what the heck this guy's occupation is, since she can't remember any college she can imagine him attend that doesn't specialize in medicine or science. Must be some selected subject he has chosen... Anyway, such an adorable openness was rare. Not many people choose to share such stories almost right away, nor seem to be so caring if she imagines him to be. Ah, well, hopefully - no, probably - he knows how to care for a shortly hatched Pokemon, if she's not mistaken. For now, getting oneself to solve that dumb Ekans blocking the road was more important, she can still get to know him better later.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(04-10-2017, 10:22 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: "Hey! Don't call me a kid, ever, please. Not only because the age. While practical Pokemonbattling is not my speciality, per se, I prefer not to be thrown into one pot with those who receive their Starter without knowing a single thing about type advantages or who would be completely lost if the Pokedex would not tell them what species is crawling there in front of them."

Well, this came unexpected. Or not, from a appearantly melancholic police officier  Though, she wanted to make that clear from the start on. Arceus know whether that couple at the Daycare will think just the same and demote her because... Ah, whatever. Battle experience is not everything.

She made attempts to head over to the Pokemon Center. At least, a possible first-hand-battle with Nurse Joy awaits! Maybe. Alongside, she indeed was curious to get to see whether Nathan's battle style is as risky and determined as she imagines it, or goes into a completely different direction. "Nathan , you're coming with me now or not? Also, I hope this damn rain stoppes soon... Don't feel like running through nature just to get all soaked."

What also interests her, while thanks for sharing the story about a hurt Togekiss and now having one of its offsprings as a Thank-You, Ventus appearantly rested in Unova for a while. That got her only more curious of what the heck this guy's occupation is, since she can't remember any college she can imagine him attend that doesn't specialize in medicine or science. Must be some selected subject he has chosen... Anyway, such an adorable openness was rare. Not many people choose to share such stories almost right away, nor seem to be so caring if she imagines him to be. Ah, well, hopefully - no, probably - he knows how to care for a shortly hatched Pokemon, if she's not mistaken. For now, getting oneself to solve that dumb Ekans blocking the road was more important, she can still get to know him better later.

Well, that was surprisingly forceful of her.  She did look around his age, maybe just a tad bit older, but he guessed that this has apparently been a sore point for her in the past.  Well, better get this show on the road then, or he might not be able to join in on the battle.

"Yeah, I'm comin'.  Ralts and I need this practice as much as you and your starter do.  I don't intend to be left out of it."

Nathan turns to Larry, Vincent, and Ventus before heading off in the direction of Nurse Joy with Shiva.  "Look, I can see we're all rather anxious about those Ekans.  So how about this.  At least one of you goes and checks out the situation.  No need to engage them if it looks to be too much for just one person, particularly if their pokemon is at a severe disadvantage against them.  Shiva and I obviously don't want to do it due to needing practice at this whole 'pokemon trainer' thing, and our starters definitely aren't up to the task as they are currently anyways."  Nathan shifts his gaze over to Larry for a moment.  "Larry, I haven't heard much from you at all.  What are your thoughts on this, and what do you want to do?  Being a seasoned trainer of one year, you should be able to help with those Ekans if needed, yes?  If Ventus insists on going to check out that nest without Vincent backing him up, I'd feel a lot better about the situation if Raphael wasn't the only pokemon there that might have to battle those things.  If you'd rather do something else, that's fine, but that Togepi might be in more danger than necessary if that's the case."