Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game thread] Skull Ruins Pokerole
'Oh dear, it appears I have prodded sore wounds yet again. Today does not hold the most favorable interaction for me...' Ventus thought, sweating a bit at Vincent's sudden discontent. He was about to speak up about it, asking what was wrong, before stopping himself. Closing his eyes and sighing, he nodded at Vincent "Sorry about that. It won't happen again, I assure you," he said, holding his hand in front on himself. He promised he would maintain some distance from distance, and if he were not to honor his promise, well, what kind of friend would he be?

He looked to the ground for a moment, his smile turning bittersweet. "We all have our demons; Its not my place to exorcise them," he whispered under his breath, regrets briefly clouding his mind, before he shook his head and happily smiled once more. Adressing both Vincent and Nathan, he said "Well, I can't argue with waiting a little longer for the rain to stop. I personally don't want to harry the nurse, since I know already know the basic of trainer battles, but if you insist, I can watch Nathan and Shiva battle it out with her. As my old professor said, 'Always take the opportunity to review what you know, so that you know what to do!' "

When he was about to speak with Vincent again about capturing more Pokemon, though, he heard Shiva's outburst and saw her storm of towards the Pokémon Center. Eyebrows raised in alarm, he turned towards the others and bowed to them. "I'm sorry that I can't stick around to discuss our plans some more, but I want to follow after Shiva to make sure she's fine. I'm sure she's just angry over being treated sub rate, but I feel that a comforting shoulder might ease her tensions more than letting her fume about it," Ven said, before following after Shiva. Today sure is ripe for conflict, innit?
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
1. Biker Springle
2. Nurse Joy (Shiva, Nathan, Ventus observes?)
3. Wild Paras (Vincent?)
4. Wild Kricketot
5. Ekans nest (possibly Larry?)
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
He offers a shrug as Ventus walks on, as he hobbles over to join Winston under the awning, reaching down to offer a scratch behind the ear.

"You think I was being a bit hard on them?"

The growlithe offers a little yelp, and glances up at him.

"So. What do you think of this bunch?"

The look Winston gives him is telling. Clearly an "I'd tell you if I could talk, boss."

"Yeah, yeah smartass." He exhales deeply. "They seem like good enough people. If unseasoned. What concerns me is I'm not the only screwed up one here, and we both know it. As the Doc said, 'demons'. Plus the fact that I'm talking to a dog again."

The bark of indignation again.

"But yeah. You ready to go?" He adjusts his walking stick idly, feeling it's leaden weight in his hand and wishing he had the reassuring heft of his old baton. "Been a while since we've been in an actual fight, little guy. And no, you chasing that Meowth down a street doesn't count. Real Pokes. Real fights. Don't like the idea of sending you into harms way, little guy, but job's a job and we need to keep you in kibble somehow."

He glances out at the storm, waiting for it to thin. Despite the sodden downpour, the silhouette of the soaking wet officer is still clearly visible in the distance, and there is an involuntary shudder of recognition.

Remember Man as you go by
As you are now so once was I...

"When this stops, we'll be ready." He mutters darkly to himself. "We'll be ready."
as everyone but Vincent when to nurse Joy Larry heads over to the Ekans nest Nathan asked "what are you doing?" as Larry walks towards the nest Larry thinks to him self "I can do this" everyone watched Larry enter the grass as he walked almost like a solder in the forest slow, patiently (ready for the Ekans nest Smile.)
RIP Larry 9/9/2016 - 8/31/2017 "blessed by lord Godmunk with patriotic values and a crush that lasted longer than expected"  Heart the skulls ruins RP group (main group not the random add ons)
"Well, I guess that's that then.  Ventus, are you going to watch us battle Nurse Joy or help Larry scout the nest?"

Nathan found it odd that Larry had said hardly anything since arriving.  The stories he had heard said he was well liked by just about everyone, so he'd assumed that he was at least somewhat sociable...well, if he wanted to investigate the Ekans nest with or without help, that would definitely serve as a good test of his abilities.  How he performed there could affect Nathan's opinion of him, after all.

There'd be time to worry about that later though.  For now, he was going to focus on getting some much needed practice in.  Ralts hadn't been in a battle of any kind since the day Nathan had found him, so this was definitely going to be needed.  He turns towards Shiva, nods, and then proceeds to walk towards Nurse Joy.
as Larry walks out to the nest he sees the grass moving almost everywhere then Larry stops and sees what looks like the back of an arbok, was it really an arbok? Did it evolve? Is it the boss of them all? Larry stands still and waits for the grass to stop moving.
RIP Larry 9/9/2016 - 8/31/2017 "blessed by lord Godmunk with patriotic values and a crush that lasted longer than expected"  Heart the skulls ruins RP group (main group not the random add ons)
(04-11-2017, 02:28 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: "Well, I guess that's that then.  Ventus, are you going to watch us battle Nurse Joy or help Larry scout the nest?"

Nathan found it odd that Larry had said hardly anything since arriving.  The stories he had heard said he was well liked by just about everyone, so he'd assumed that he was at least somewhat sociable...well, if he wanted to investigate the Ekans nest with or without help, that would definitely serve as a good test of his abilities.  How he performed there could affect Nathan's opinion of him, after all.

There'd be time to worry about that later though.  For now, he was going to focus on getting some much needed practice in.  Ralts hadn't been in a battle of any kind since the day Nathan had found him, so this was definitely going to be needed.  He turns towards Shiva, nods, and then proceeds to walk towards Nurse Joy.

Before Ventus could chase after Shiva, though, Nathan asked if he were going to follow Larry into the snake nest. That immedianlty got him to stop in his track and look for Larry, but by the time he did so, the young trainer was well on his way towards the snake nest. Oh fuck.

"Erm, Vincent, it appears that one of our member decided to take on the Ekans alone. While I don't doubt that Larry has some skill in battling, and the odds of such a fight are in his favor with his Osawhott and the rain, but I would feel much better if he had someone looking after him. He is fighting a whole nest of venomous snakes alone, so if he where to get bite by one of the..." Ven said, hands wrapped around his face in worry for Larry plight.

"If no-one else can, I will follow after him. I know I don't have to most favorable odds with Raphael," he looked sweetly at his Togepi, who giggle and wiggled in his arms a bit at his attension, "....but I can't in good conscious let him go in there alone."
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
"Son of a gun. Which way did he go?" Vincent manages an exasperated groan as Ventus fills him in. "Tell me you know where the kid was heading, Doc."

For the love of Arcaeus... Five second attention spans... He sighs inwardly shaking off the dark mood. There's time for brooding later.

"You mentioned knowing how to handle yourself in a fight, Doc, but I don't like these odds since we're going to be barging into a nest blind and half cocked."

He purses his lips, and finger whistles, the shrill sound audible over the drumming rain as he half dashes, half hobbles into the rain, waving like a madman.

"Yo! P.C.!" He hollers in the direction of the uniformed officer. "GOT A TALL GRASSER!"

The lingo came instinctively, an acknowledgement of the officer's rank and a shorthand warning of an unsupervised individual straying into Pokemon territory common among the beat cops who made up the bulk of the constabulary. And if the officer hadn't noticed, that whistle would have agitated the growlithe enough to come investigate. Confident he had secured the officer's attention, he turned back to Ventus.

"Get Raphael prepped for a fight if necessary. We're going to go stop a kid from killing himself in a snake nest." He didn't need to check on Winston - he could almost feel the coiled tension of a wound spring ready to release, a palpable force in itself. "Lead the way, Doc."
Damn. This probably came much harsher than she intended it to be. Causing conflict or even the slightest bit of distress was the very least thing she wanted. Vincent probably didn't mean in, given his attitude and the fact that he walked with a cane at the age of...late-twenty? Yeah, he has all reasons to be grumpy. Forgiving this comment from his side might be better decision than holding grudges. She might apologise later. … Or not. Better not wake a sleeping dragon.

When it rains, it pours, they say... Gladly, the Pokemon Center was just a few meters away, so she was not forced to endure the rainfall that long. Running across a wet street, overshadowed by the mountains at the horizon surely had something though – something melodic. Melancholic. Refreshing. It surely soothed her a little.

She entered the Center through the well-known automatic door. Ah, it was sensibly warm and bight in there... Much more comfortable than outside, indeed. They weren't filled with the typical „sterile“ scent of a hospital.

As soon as she heard the door close behind her though, she felt her former zist for action fade almost immediatly. What was she thinking to just head off directly into a challenge to battle?! She hasn't even gotten the change to interact with her Startermon yet! At least, they were inside a Pokemon Center anyway. And Nathan will accompany her. Hopefully, he will arrive shortly here, since she wasn't even sure how to attend and accept mentioned battle properly...

Until then, she might as well use that time... Stepping aside from the entrance (finally, get your head out of the clouds), she turned left to the lounge area, and placed her bagback onto a free table. Rummaging around a little in it, she soon found what she was looking for – Cottonee's pokeball. She faced it for a moment, then enlarged it and threw it an arm's lenght vertically into the air, calling out what it contained.

There wasn't anything particulary „special“ about this little cottonball, as it hovered some centimeters above the tabletop. And if, she had to find out at first. It faced its seemingly new owner, looking curious about doing anything. This „new owner“ stared back before speaking to it in a soft tone.

Okay, lil' Cottonee... I know that I appear to be your Master from now on, and that I will be responsible for your wellbeing. Don't worry about that, I will do whatever is possible to make you enjoy my company. I know we haven't gotten to know one another yet, not even speaking of bonding, but could you please do me the favor and obey me for battle we're attending way earlier than I actually expected?“

Creature spoken to carefully listened, what followed then could loosely be described a a playful contest in staring... Cottonee seemed to consider something, Shiva was just waiting for a response. This response came into a little chirp ( - I'm sorry, I have no idea how the cry of a Cottonee would be like... - ) and something that could be called a smile (with some imagination), before it floated a little higher and placed itself on top of her head. Ehm... lolz? Was that a „yes“? Apperantly... at least, it didn't seem to mind that her hair was slighty moist, probably this will dry out during in-door battle. How adorable though; from what it seems to look like, it already accepted her as an owner.

(Okay, looks like this thing is going to get serious. Once Nathan joined me here, feel free to bring up the battle, Iron. May the dice be favorable to us...)
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(04-11-2017, 04:32 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Damn. This probably came much harsher than she intended it to be. Causing conflict or even the slightest bit of distress was the very least thing she wanted. Vincent probably didn't mean in, given his attitude and the fact that he walked with a cane at the age of...late-twenty? Yeah, he has all reasons to be grumpy. Forgiving this comment from his side might be better decision than holding grudges. She might apologise later. … Or not. Better not wake a sleeping dragon.

When it rains, it pours, they say... Gladly, the Pokemon Center was just a few meters away, so she was not forced to endure the rainfall that long. Running across a wet street, overshadowed by the mountains at the horizon surely had something though – something melodic. Melancholic. Refreshing. It surely soothed her a little.

She entered the Center through the well-known automatic door. Ah, it was sensibly warm and bight in there... Much more comfortable than outside, indeed. They weren't filled with the typical „sterile“ scent of a hospital.

As soon as she heard the door close behind her though, she felt her former zist for action fade almost immediatly. What was she thinking to just head off directly into a challenge to battle?! She hasn't even gotten the change to interact with her Startermon yet! At least, they were inside a Pokemon Center anyway. And Nathan will accompany her. Hopefully, he will arrive shortly here, since she wasn't even sure how to attend and accept mentioned battle properly...

Until then, she might as well use that time... Stepping aside from the entrance (finally, get your head out of the clouds), she turned left to the lounge area, and placed her bagback onto a free table. Rummaging around a little in it, she soon found what she was looking for – Cottonee's pokeball. She faced it for a moment, then enlarged it and threw it an arm's lenght vertically into the air, calling out what it contained.

There wasn't anything particulary „special“ about this little cottonball, as it hovered some centimeters above the tabletop. And if, she had to find out at first. It faced its seemingly new owner, looking curious about doing anything. This „new owner“ stared back before speaking to it in a soft tone.

Okay, lil' Cottonee... I know that I appear to be your Master from now on, and that I will be responsible for your wellbeing. Don't worry about that, I will do whatever is possible to make you enjoy my company. I know we haven't gotten to know one another yet, not even speaking of bonding, but could you please do me the favor and obey me for battle we're attending way earlier than I actually expected?“

Creature spoken to carefully listened, what followed then could loosely be described a a playful contest in staring... Cottonee seemed to consider something, Shiva was just waiting for a response. This response came into a little chirp ( - I'm sorry, I have no idea how the cry of a Cottonee would be like... - ) and something that could be called a smile (with some imagination), before it floated a little higher and placed itself on top of her head. Ehm... lolz? Was that a „yes“? Apperantly... at least, it didn't seem to mind that her hair was slighty moist, probably this will dry out during in-door battle. How adorable though; from what it seems to look like, it already accepted her as an owner.

(Okay, looks like this thing is going to get serious. Once Nathan joined me here, feel free to bring up the battle, Iron. May the dice be favorable to us...)

Nathan walked into the Pokemon Canter to find Shiva just staring at her Cottonee.  Come to think of it, he hadn't seen that Cottonee outside of its pokeball until now...Trying to focus, he contemplated the situation.  'Hmmm....the upcoming battle might be a little rough.  There's two of us though, so maybe we'll be able to manage it...well, while we're waiting for Nurse Joy, guess I'll go and join her.'

Nathan walks up to the table and sits down next to her, attempting to strike up a casual conversation.  "So, you feeling a little nervous about this too?"  Nathan didn't feel too nervous, but there was a hint of anxiety creeping in at the back of his mind.  This would be Ralts's first battle with him, if not his first period.  And knowing nothing but growl to boot.  He hoped this would all be worth it in the end...and then there was the matter of him just leaving Larry to Vincent, Ventus, and whatever was in that snake nest.  While he did want Larry to prove himself to him, there was the tiniest lingering thought that it could go horribly wrong creeping into his consciousness as well...