Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game thread] Skull Ruins Pokerole
Nathan remained in the lobby to wait for Larry after Ventus and Shiva leave. It wasn't a long wait, however. A few minutes later, Larry rushed by, practically a blur! "What the...did he not see me? Well, guess I better see what's going on...did you get anything from that, Ralts?" Ralts shakes his head. It had all happened too quickly for him to get a read on Larry's emotions. "Well, guess we'll know soon enough..."

Nathan manages to track him down after a few minutes of searching. It wasn't all that hard, actually. The door to Mallorn's lab was wide open. Inside, he finds a frantic Larry and confused Ventus, Shiva, and Mallorn. "So, Larry just ran right past me without acknowledging I was there. What'd I miss?"
(04-23-2017, 05:35 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: Nathan remained in the lobby to wait for Larry after Ventus and Shiva leave.  It wasn't a long wait, however.  A few minutes later, Larry rushed by, practically a blur!  "What the...did he not see me?  Well, guess I better see what's going on...did you get anything from that, Ralts?"  Ralts shakes his head.  It had all happened too quickly for him to get a read on Larry's emotions.  "Well, guess we'll know soon enough..."

Nathan manages to track him down after a few minutes of searching.  It wasn't all that hard, actually.  The door to Mallorn's lab was wide open.  Inside, he finds a frantic Larry and confused Ventus, Shiva, and Mallorn.  "So, Larry just ran right past me without acknowledging I was there.  What'd I miss?"

"Well, we just bought the tent for the entire group to use, and Shiva was about to ask Dr. Mallron some question, when Larry here," Ventus motions towards the riled up trainer, practically vibrating in place with worry, "came in here and said that his mother and Zoura were in some form of trouble? He was speaking so fast that I couldn't quite grasp what he was say, so maybe we should ask he for another explanation. Right after I give Vincent a call to meet up with us at the Lab," Ventus said, before pulling out a small flip phone from his satchel.

Dialing in the number Vincent gave him, he quickly connected to him and calmly relayed his message. "Vince, this is Doc. I'm calling you to report that young Larry came rushing into Dr. Mallorn's Lab, and he's quite worried. I think it has something to do with his family? We need you here to help us question him, and so that we can hopefully get started on this task ASAP."
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Iron:
Let me know if the Wake is not available. I'll redact the post.

Somewhat stilted, but them's the breaks for forum games.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seizing the quiet moment, Vincent stops by a small street stand and orders a pair of coffees and magikarp taiyaki for good measure on his way to the town gate.

"Corporal! Corporal Wake!" He spots the passing figure of the officer and hobbles after him.

"I did mention I'd buy you a cup before I skipped town." He chuckles, proffering the spare and one of the pastries. "Still. It figures I should at least check the road conditions before I headed out since the local wildlife seems more ornery than it has the right to be. I know firsthand -  an Ekans nest and a Mankey in the same day is... a bit more than I'd want to chew."

"Anyway, is there anything you can tell me about the road to Ginger that I should know about? I'm not a local, so features, landmarks and possible areas of concern would be fine." He fishes out his Pokedex, blows up the route one map screen and offers the officer a stylus in case he wants to make any notations.

He gestures at the occupied Pokeball on his belt. "Then there's the issue of local wildlife. I picked up a Paras yesterday, but I'm curious what other flora and fauna are native to the area. Forewarned is forearmed, and this could help greatly with the preparations before we set off."

"Finally, Nathan, I believe, is looking for a rogue Ponyta from his ranch. Again, apparently. Since this isn't the first time, I was wondering if you had any clue about where one should start looking for a fire horse."

"Thanks Wake. I owe you."
Let's see. Wake doesn't know anything about Ponyta, but his Growlithe prefers sunny weather, and likes to hunker down if it's raining.

"Along Route 01 you are likely to see lots of Wooper and similar Pokemon. A lot of the trainers there can be pretty casual, because their Pokemon are companions on backpacking and camping trips. Or picnics. Bring a picnic lunch; you won't regret it. Also more Bug Pokemon. Plenty of Pidgey and Rattata, adapted to eating scraps of food left by irresponsible travelers. But please don't feed the wildlife.

The path is nice and clear. Picturesque bridges, lovely (drinkable!) water, and Vapor Falls visible in the distance. Berries are plentiful. Little boardwalk hiking trails through a Ranc Berry marsh ecosystem."
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
[Image: jmh6EvA.jpg]
Trillium Town (taken at my work)

You leave Trillium Town in the sunny morning. Larry is at a bit of a trot, since he has concerns for his family. There is a feeling of excitement in the air - this is the true beginning of your journey.

You pass through the Route Gate of Trillium. The guard has installed a large skylight - he says he never sees any Pokemon but Hoppip drifting overhead, though. And once he saw a Swablu, at the beginning of his career. As you stop to take a breath here, you notice a few Hoppip drift overhead (you can encounter them if you wish), just as he described.

He checks your trainer cards with a scanner and waves you on through. "Plenty of folk passing through on their way to the Festival. Have fun out there! Oh, and remember - poison moves are not to be used except in emergencies. It's all downhill from here!" He chuckles warmly.

The gate sits on the top of a rolling hill, one of many. The greensward flows outward into the distance, where you can see a great mist around a cliff - the headwaters of Vapor Falls. Route 01 goes through a grassy plain, with scattered wolf trees for shade, and occasional ring-shaped copses that usually host campsites between the river and the trail.

The Great River Greenbriar leaps downhill in all its majesty. It rumbles along levelly, until it reaches its sudden downward jumps in elevation, forming miniature falls with fleeting rainbows bouncing from stone to stone through the mist. Occasionally it widens into rocky, marshy oxbow curves, or spiky rapids.

The path is not a straight shot, taking the traveler to all the best views. It crosses the River many times on bridges of stone or steel or timber. Couples gaze out from the most beautiful of these bridges, or trainers wait with their steely gazes for passerby to battle. Much photography is going on.

Within a quick jog's distance, you can see a 50' foot cliff with a paved scenic overlook. Elsewhere, you also see a sizable campsite in a clump of trees with a dozen tents set up (none as big as yours). Three Machop are chasing each other through the camp (one looks very fed up) while their trainers prepare a late morning meal.

Alternating waves of sun's heat and dew's chill rise up from the paving stones. The whole world of Creshire lies out before you: the mountains of the Great Divide culminating in the peak of Mt Sentry, the sparkling River Greenbriar, distant towns, ecosystems of every kind hosting an incredible diversity of Pokemon. What form will this, your REAL adventure, take?
Current project:
Encounters: Route 01 North End

1. Name: Caterpie*
Cap: 1 (2) - One can catch, one can assist
Bid start: 3
Notes: There will be something special about Caterpie, but you don't know what until you stumble across it. Could be a rare move, a funny size, or even shiny!
Challenge: Easy

2. Name: Weedle
Cap: 1 (2)
Bid start: 1
Notes: This is a wishlist Pokemon, though one that might be encountered again later because it's so common.
Challenge: easy

3. Name: Poliwag
Cap: 1 (2)

4. Name: Amphibian nest
Cap: 2 (4) - two catches will be available, if two people take the slot.
Challenge: moderate
Note: Random water types with the ability to move on land

5. Name: Item
Cap: 1
Note: Whoever takes this slot stumbles over an item on the ground.

6. Name: Picnicker ♀ Vork
Cap: 1
Bet: 400$
Challenge: tough
Notes: "I hate ants! Always interrupting my picnic! I've made it my life goal to uproot as many anthills as possible!"

7. Name: Survivalist Clancey
Cap: 2
Bid start: 2
Bet: 100$, and he'll throw in a Potion
Notes: "There's plenty of food to be found, if you know where to look - especially if you have a Pokemon with Pickup!"

Pidgeys and Rattatas are freely available to encounter.
Current project:
If you have a point in Survival, you have a chance to find Berries.

Larry:
(1) fail

Shiva:
(1) fail

Ventus:
(3)(1)(2) fail

Nathan:
(6) - 1 success!
Berry: (6)(6) = 12
Nathan finds a Lum berry
Nathan, while you are rooting around for berries, you also find a strange fragment of a steel device. It looks to you like the finger of an android.
Current project:
Sign Text: Route 01, A Path of Green and Blue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY2_8Rn3VjY (music courtesy of Dies Irae)

As the group enters route 1, Nathan tries to sort out what's been going on with Larry.

"So let me get this straight. Larry, you received a phone call from your mom, and she only said two words before hanging up, and wouldn't respond to anything you tried to tell her? And the words she said were 'darkness' and 'dreams?' Sounds to me like something to do with Darkrai, if I were to be pessimistic about it...but nobody's seen that pokemon in years. Ah well, Corsage is on the east coast and we're headed in that direction anyways. If you're THAT concerned about the phone call, we can go check it out...but that's going be a ways down the road from now."

After that brief speculation, Nathan steps in front of the party, halting their progress.

"In any case, before we go anywhere, let me just remind all of you what my main goal is before we move on. I need to find and capture the trouble making ponyta from the ranch. Everyone needs to keep an eye out for her, as this is the most likely location she'd run off too. You won't find her near the water, but you might find her messing around with some of the local wildlife or trainers. If you see her, call me immediately. She won't listen to anyone except me, and I don't care what you think you know about handling ponyta. She breaks most, if not all, of the conventions when it comes to raising them. If she attacks you, I also do not want you to attack her in response. She causes enough trouble as it is, and I don't need her acting sullen or even more rebellious on top of everything else. That goes double for you, Larry. Don't charge into the snake nest or try to be heroic with this one."

With that said, and after double checking that everyone has his number registered, Nathan joins Shiva, Larry, and Ventus in looking for berries.

"Hmmm....maybe over here....hm? Is that what I think it is? It IS! A Lum berry!! These are incredibly rare finds...wait, what's that? Berries don't shine like that...what the...is this...a metal finger?" Nathan picks it up, curiously examining it. "That's...odd...hey, Vincent! You, uh, might want to take a look at this..."

Ralts, meanwhile, is curiously eyeing the piece of metal. From a distance. Fairies don't like metal very much.
Upon leaving Trillum Town, Ventus took a deep breath of the fresh air, and looked at the route. Trainers and their Pokemon enjoying the picturesque day, the Great River Greenbrair gently undulating in the breeze, the beautiful foliage filled with a plethora of hidden critters. While he was still a little worried about Larry plight, since he has not opened up yet to them, all he can do is patiently wait for him to make peace with his mind. Besides that, Nathan was repeating his instruction to the rest of the party regarding the Ponyta. "Hmmm, so we keep an eye out for the rouge Ponyta on our way through here, contact you when we find it, and don't antagonize it at all. Very well! I'll be more than glad to assist you in your task, my comrade!" he said, smiling happily while giving him a thumbs up.

He looked quite at ease with his surroundings, even though he was still a little down from the trouble he caused for all the others. He'll make it up to them, though, so he won't distract them with his feelings. 'Still, I don't need to mire myself in negativity, so I'll try my best to stay positive!', he thought, before he voiced his own plans. "I do plan on doing some sightseeing on this route, and a little bit of research on how the local Pokémon's socialize with one another, so if I happen to spot it, I'll give you a call with my phone. If anyone wants to join me, feel free too!"

With that said, Ventus look throughout his surroundings, trying to find something that would catch his eye. Spotting some movement by the river, he quickly focused his vision on that area, and discovered a Poliwag waddling around the lower banks. Making up his mind, he set his course for the Poliwag, desiring to get a closer look at it (and of course battle it as well)!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
"That's... not a berry..." He rolls the steel part between his thumb and forefinger studying it intently. "Never seen anything like this in my life, Nathan. It's odd, I'll give you that. At first glance, from the shape I thought it was an unexpended round, but my guess is it's a steel cast of a body part."

He passes the part back to Nathan.

"That's just bizzare." Something about the part causes something at the back of his skull to itch. Could be something. Could be nothing.

"Hang on to that Nathan. Maybe we can get it looked over at the next town. Might be important... Or not. Nothing doing either way at the moment, so we might as well find your horse sooner rather than later."

He shoots a quick glance at the sprawl before him, noting Ventus angling off in the direction of a Poliwag waddling around near the shore and takes quick stock of the topology relative to the map.

"Anyway, I did promise I'd help, so here I am. Don't know much about the species directly, but given it's a fire type, my guess is that we should start on the side of the river closer to your ranch. If we don't find anything, we can expand out search area from there."

He reaches down and pats Winston on the head. "You heard the man, Winston. No bitey."

The look Winston returns is pretty clear in it's intent - I'm not stupid, Boss.

"You're lead on this one Nathan. Let me know what you need and I'll assist the best I can."