Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game thread] Skull Ruins Pokerole
"This isn't really my area of expertise, but I'll forward that list to the League. If you need muscle, I can help. Steel resists Psychic, and my Metagross are all but immune to it."

"I do have the photos developed. Here you go, Nathan, Calam."

The photos on the old disposable camera show a young Dizzy with his Almanac buddy, who is usually just a pair of boots in the frame, or a hand. Lots of pics of Dizzy running ahead, or napping in the little hideaway, or battling recreationally. Seems like the Almanac workers had a loooot of battles, just for fun. Any serious mission battles aren't photographed. Seems Dizzy was quite popular with the Almanac workers, and half these photographs are actually rather incriminating as the guards cheerfully let Dizzy go where he pleased. There are also a lot of photos of accidents, things the worker broke (sometimes while battling) or screwed up. The camera covers many months, and you get to see Dizzy grow up.

It's mostly happy photos, overall. Dagny doesn't really see it that way, and just mentions how she's run facial recognition programs on those photographed and turned their names over to law enforcement. But to you and Shiva, it's a good profile of how Dizzy lived as the Infiltrator. It's also nice to see a group that doesn't hate Absol automatically.

Almost all of this is from the perspective of Almanac, not so much the Scimitar side of the organization. There are occasional mages in frame, but mostly it's laboratories and warehouses. You'd have to know a little about Scimitars to piece together just how strong the connection was. There are a few things revealed, though:

-Scims had access to Nuclear types
-Scims were experimenting with MSC akin to the stuff that trapped Marco, and things akin to Snag'em Balls
-The Strength HM is contained within that lab
-Scims have their own lab akin to Laurelin's fossil workshop, and certainly have the capability to alter Pokemon.
-There's even a bulletin board covered in blurry photos of every Legendary pokemon.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(10-14-2019, 05:37 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: (...) Water Password?  Earth Password?  Nathan's honestly a little lost when Shiva discusses those with Dagny.  This is the first he's heard of them...
"...and what's that Earth Password for, Shiva?" (...)

Shiva has a sly and somewhat arcane smile on her face as she answers, her fairy-like nature shines through. "Oh, that will show itself. On Garlicburg. Hopefully. It's nothing to worry about too much!" She's evasive towards further questions.

She's loving the pictures of Dizzy though!!~ They're just too cute, and it pleases her that the Infiltrator was that successfull and the Almanac Guards let him roam around freely. Shiva's also especially liking that she's getting a good view into their laboratories. "Say, Dagny, Nathan.... Can I possibly, maybe, have some photo prints of these? The ones who gave the task of recommending a species for the infiltrator may want to see those." Or alternatively, Dagny could just send them to Golda and Wir, properly encrypted of course.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
"Some help with rounding them up would definitely be appreciated.  It should also be noted that the Kadabra are pretty clever.  They're prepared for disadvantageous matchups with moves like Foul Play and Signal Beam, and they protect themselves with barriers.  They were once human, after all.  Still are to some degree, I bet, even though they definitely don't remember it."

----------------------------------------------------------

Nathan doesn't respond to Shiva's question initially because he's staring at these photos very carefully.

The one that appears to be featuring prototype snag machines (Team Snagem [yes, it's one word with no additional punctuation] used bog standard pokeballs, actually.  The key to the organization's methods was the machines that disabled a pokeball's security systems, allowing the capture devices to be used on another trainer's pokemon) and pokeballs with crystallized MSC being used in them has the bulk of Nathan's attention at first.

"...oh, @#$&.  Don't tell me those are what I think they are..."

Nathan pulls out his journal and starts flipping through it until he reaches his section on Orre.  He compares some of the things he has written and drawn there to the photo...

...no mistaking it.  The technology looks similar.  And if they're also experimenting with the crystallized MSC in pokeballs in the same picture...

"...that's bad.  That's really bad...Dagny, the Scimitars were experimenting with pokemon stealing technology when this picture was taken.  I'm 99% confident of it.  And if what happened with the Solosis and Reuniclus was any indication..."

Do they have some kind of connection to what's left of Cipher?  Or is this all just a coincidence?

And where the hell did the Scims get access to Nuclear pokemon?  All of the ones in the Creshire region should have been on Garlicburg, right?  Did they sneak in through the underground tunnels?  Was it an inside job?

The pokemon modification lab hardly comes as a surprise by comparison.  Knowing that the Water Scims are planning to modify a Genesect, and knowing that the Solosis and Reuniclus were modified with mechanical parts, them having a lab for stuff like that makes complete sense.

The STRENGTH HM being in Almanac Labs isn't a surprise either. The League can probably confiscate it from Almanac if they find it there. But is it still going to be there, or are the Scims going to move it?

And that bulletin board with the Legendary pokemon photos...is there any information that can be gleaned from it, or is the photo not detailed enough?
"Count on me. Now that we know what makes the Kadabra Chambers so dangerous, we'll have them all back on the surface in no time. What to do with them then, though, I am not sure."

"Yes. I analyzed the pictures quite thoroughly. I'm pretty sure, not entirely sure but pretty sure, they didn't have a fully functioning prototype that could overwrite Bill's protections. Bill himself has already been notified, grumpy as he was to put aside whatever project he's working on right now. We've also increased the guard on Mallorn's research into those crystals Deoxys had. However, I am positive there's been no contact with Cipher. Interregional communications CANNOT be hidden from me."

Dagny can answer you about Strength: It wasn't there when they raided Almanac.

The photo of the Legendaries isn't very clear, but you can see that under each Legendary there's several documents or photos of locations. You can for sure see every Legendary that's been known to frequent Creshire. Others are less clear (Mewtwo isn't visible in the photo, for example, but it could be out of focus).
Current project:
++ I'll flashforward for Shiva. ++

Once everything's said and done towards and with Dagny, Shiva steps out of the Gym and take a deep breath. It's been a while since she's not been in a rush, and it's been even longer since she's been to Stair City. This place, the busy atmosphere dwelling here, it all's been reminding her of home, of her parents and her loyal Umbreon. Maybe with Tropius being able to fly properly, she's able to dare a short trip home...? A certain wishfulness within her indicates that she'd enjoy doing so. Another wishfulness joins the first one, one for seeing Ventus too.

But neither of that is here nor now, Shiva shakes her head lightly and gets a move on towards the Department Store. A bit of shopping will do her well and distract her, and she's hoping that she won't be overrun by the crowd. That Shield's still with her naturally, and Whimsicott pops out of her Pokeball to join her beloved Master. The fluffball is full of eager, as if she can't wait to arrive at that strange island Master's been asking for!!~ Shiva also fishes up the Sylveon Card from her stuff to check it for Ratsy, hoping that the smol artistic rat's safe and sound.

The first thing Shiva's going to check out at the Dept.Store is whether Thunderstones are in stock, and how much one is. Next are any special or limited offers. And finally, she's going up to the highest floor where Almanac's selling stuff, does that floor...still exist, she's wondering?
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
*Flashforward!*

After Shiva's and Nathan's meeting concluded and they departed from her office together, the two heroes were soon halted in their tracks by a pair of arms snaking up from behind them and swiftly pulling them back, pinning them against somebody all an unpredictable instant! The legendary pair only had a couple of seconds of shock and struggle to this unexpected and sneaky Grapple before they heard a chuckle from their assailant. A warm, light, airy, almost whimsical, and familiar chuckle, as they leaned in closer and whispered in the boy's and girl's ears.

"Don't you know it's impolite leave your old friend without giving some notice to him, hmm?"
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(10-18-2019, 04:53 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: (...)"Don't you know it's impolite leave your old friend without giving some notice to him, hmm?"

Shiva's all-loyal and beloved fluffball was out and rested on top of her head, so she has taken notice of this suprise-attack before Shiva could - though due to her mischievous and prankful fairy-nature, Whimsicott didn't say a thing and convincingly played 'I do not know a thing, I did not see you there!~'

The initial reaction of SHIVA however was to screech sharply upon being suddenly pulled back from something or someone, but it made a just as sudden u-turn when that chuckle followed. Instantly she stopped squirming and fighting to get away in growing panic and instead turned around to fling her arms around the neck to the assailant and snuggle and nuzzle into what she believed to be a comfortable green tweed-sweater, pulling the wearer closer to herself as she did so; all without looking into their face. That's the highest she's going to do for now, not solely because Nathan's around AND they're in the middle of a busy city.

If the suprise-visitor's empathy is still as active and susceptible as the natural fae-enthusiast has gotten to know it, said visitor will pick up a sudden strike of sadness over being remided on their (the 'assailant's') leaving, a deep wishfulness and a hopefulness to stay this time for a little, a growing fear over having accidently overrun them with affection and anxiety over how their feelings towards her own more-than-human-status has changed or has not changed; but the prominent feeling that's stronger that the other mentioned is happiness and love. Romantic love to be specific. In return, what feelings could Shiva with her own empathy pick up, I wonder?

Still holding onto them, Shiva carefully utters a few words. "How are you, fine? You're safe, are you, Deoxys Prime has not done anything to you? How... How did you find us? And, uhm, how long are you going to stay...?"
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
Ratsy is still visible in the corner of the card. Some of the fenceposts have gained new small works of art.

5k seems a little steep for a Thunder Stone. Let's make it 3k.

Up where the Almanac's store front used to be, there is only a little wheeled booth manned by familiar faces from the Shelter for Disobedient Pokemon! They say there'll be some unusually Obedient Pokemon available for adoption tomorrow:
-Solrock with an extra strong Telekinesis
-Rhyperior that was evolved into Rhydon early and then immediately turned into Rhyperior, high disobedience.
-Oversized lazy Hippowdon, somewhat disobedient
-Ferrothorn with Powder moves, somewhat disobedient
-A Turtwig
-A Golduck with strong Disable abilities
-A very long Gorebyss with some health problems, and an Egg

@Terra - Mallorn has diverted 80 energy worth of former Scim Pokemon to your possession. He says it would have been more, but the Scimitars seem to have somehow disappeared a lot of the Pokemon with high power, high CD moves.
https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthre...9#pid64419 - Syrentide thread for reference
Current project:
(10-19-2019, 03:54 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 04:53 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: (...)"Don't you know it's impolite leave your old friend without giving some notice to him, hmm?"

"Oh! ....Ah ha ha ha, well, that's certainly the right way to mend amends with me, my dear."

Indeed, they could pick up the feelings and emotions of the fairy lass holding them in her snuggly clutches, perhaps more so than ever before. Such was the heights her own Insightful has risen, her mood, Empathy and understanding of others having become all too potent, supernatural, and highly notable to their senses. Though she could not see it, a small frown briefly played across this not-so unknown assailant's face as he peered down upon his mi amore and parsed her feelings and uniqueness, before with a small sigh they gave the woman holding him a wistful but loving smile as they let her go to reach over and fondly muss up her hair.

"I'm here, my dearest. For how long I am uncertain, as my research and workload now is a very demanding and tempting demon indeed, but for the time being......I'm here to bide with everyone and you. Especially you, Shiva...."

Again, they chuckled, and gave the mystical lass a couple pats on the head.

"So don't fret much more than you already have, dear. You can express yourself to me how you like and desire, and I won't fold over or collapse like a soggy cardboard box. Unless you're still coy as a Bashful Skitty about affection, both the giving and receiving of it, hmm? Ah ha ha ha!"

Regarding the increasingly obvious mystery man's feelings.....they were a complete and utter mess. Nervousness bordering on a panic attack, HIGH Anxiety, immense relief, bone ACHING exhaustion on a physical AND emotional level, passion both smoldering and blazing for friends and lover alike, regret so heavy it felt like a Wailord had come to sit on your chest, tenderhearted compassion and caring, smatterings of FEAR and revulsion that stubbornly clung to his psyche and contributed to his regret and overall mental anguish, and much much more emotional dysfunction. It was as if a Hurricane had come crashing through their mind and persisted in tearing up the place, creating such a maelstrom of conflicting emotions/feelings that it was almost or very well could be quite nausiating and disorienting for any Psychic or Empathetically inclined Pokemon/individual trying to get a read on him.

Beneath all that, though, was love. Pure, unadulterated love for the wonderful and angelic woman in their arms.

Despite how.....mixed up this all-to-apparent unrevealed individual was, they showed none of it. While their emotional/mental control was shot straight to hell, their composure and ability to socialize was remarkably ironclad and stable. Looks like what they lack in one department has been more than made up in another.

Shiva's question about his well-being was almost uncannily relevant and caused him to frown a bit again, before giving her a somewhat self-depreciating smile as he decided to be frank.

"In all honesty.....no. As you can no doubt tell, I'm in a.....right state of mental health now. That alien Legendary has done nothing to me most fortunately, but I've hardly slept ever since you and our friends delved into the Skull Ruins, and the situation up until now has been rather.....trying on me, for myriad reasons. Still, I'm fine enough to work and meet with you everyone as I promised, and now everything's is done regarding Deoxys and the crisis it shouldered onto Cheshire and you, I should find myself recovering to some degree, so worry not too much, my dear. As for how I found you two.....ah ha ha ha, well, I did say I was keeping a close eye on you, and I have my ways of keeping a figure on the pulse of things, as it were. That, and I work closely with Dagney, so your visit with her was hardly unnoticeable to me. The rest of the details are unimportant. You have to let a research have some secrets, hmm? Ah ha ha ha!"

The eccentric research - Ventus - then turned his head towards Nathan, and smiled more cheerfully down upon him.

"And how are you doing, Nate? Hopefully well, I take it?"
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(10-16-2019, 06:22 PM)Iron Wrote: "Count on me. Now that we know what makes the Kadabra Chambers so dangerous, we'll have them all back on the surface in no time. What to do with them then, though, I am not sure."

"Yes. I analyzed the pictures quite thoroughly. I'm pretty sure, not entirely sure but pretty sure, they didn't have a fully functioning prototype that could overwrite Bill's protections. Bill himself has already been notified, grumpy as he was to put aside whatever project he's working on right now. We've also increased the guard on Mallorn's research into those crystals Deoxys had. However, I am positive there's been no contact with Cipher. Interregional communications CANNOT be hidden from me."

Dagny can answer you about Strength: It wasn't there when they raided Almanac.

The photo of the Legendaries isn't very clear, but you can see that under each Legendary there's several documents or photos of locations. You can for sure see every Legendary that's been known to frequent Creshire. Others are less clear (Mewtwo isn't visible in the photo, for example, but it could be out of focus).

"...yeah, that's...something to think about.  They're Kadabra right now, and can be sucked into any old pokeball, but...it's quite an ethical dilemma...Heart could help return them to normal, but that'll take time.  There's also a rather...powerful Syrentide living in the Slowpoke Well just underneath the barrow downs.  She could in theory heal them more quickly, but...that would take a lot of energy.  And when I say energy, that primarily means her causing pokemon to permanently forget moves and convert the natural energies into other things.  Regardless of how we do it, though, I think we should definitely return them all to being fully human again."

"...I hope not.  There are still those out there who want to revive that group, and I'm sure they'd love to jump on an opportunity to get access to that kind of technology again..."

As for the bulletin board, "Did you guys find that board when you raided the labs?  Or was that seemingly missing or moved as well?"  Either way, Nathan wants to try and get as much of that information on that bulletin board written down as he can.