Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game thread] Skull Ruins Pokerole
"True, I don't think I've noticed the Noivern until last week. They aren't native to Creshire." Definitely nothing for Charizard to find during the day.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(10-12-2020, 10:34 AM)Iron Wrote: "True, I don't think I've noticed the Noivern until last week. They aren't native to Creshire." Definitely nothing for Charizard to find during the day.

"Might be related to who I'm looking for then.  Thanks."

So, Noivern's flying that way every morning, huh?  Sounds like a good opportunity to follow it when it shows back up.  Until then, though, Nathan has a lot of time to kill.  And if there's any one thing that Nathan kinda wants to investigate today, it's probably that mini-valley.

The mossy rock reminds him a little of those moss covered rocks that can be found in other regions, where Eevee usually evolve into Leafeon, though this one's definitely a little stranger than those.  The lack of trees growing around it is definitely a big, big difference.  As Nathan approaches the area to get a better look, he also makes sure to recall Charizard to be respectful of the location's vegetation.  Having an open flame around here probably wouldn't be a very good idea, though Nathan shivers a little more without the warmth of one of his strong fire types nearby.

He can't help but look around the small valley with a little bit of wonder and a scrutinizing eye despite how cold it is, though.  This place is so strange compared to its surroundings...maybe there's something more to it...
There's definitely Earthpower at work here, maybe more than one kind. The rock is quite a bit like a Mossy Rock, though the lichens covering it are more fingerlike and seem to wave softly in the alpine breeze. They're a bit succulent and quite healthy despite the harsh weather.

The valley where the trees don't approach the rock doesn't seem to be cursed or anything - it's definitely not like the Trevenant area found by Shiva. The soil is rather rocky, which would discourage trees, but more importantly there is just such a thick layer of moss and lichen over everything that it would be difficult for a seed to reach soil. Your footprints barely make an impact on the pleasant mossy layer.
Current project:
(10-13-2020, 12:48 PM)Iron Wrote: There's definitely Earthpower at work here, maybe more than one kind. The rock is quite a bit like a Mossy Rock, though the lichens covering it are more fingerlike and seem to wave softly in the alpine breeze. They're a bit succulent and quite healthy despite the harsh weather.

The valley where the trees don't approach the rock doesn't seem to be cursed or anything - it's definitely not like the Trevenant area found by Shiva. The soil is rather rocky, which would discourage trees, but more importantly there is just such a thick layer of moss and lichen over everything that it would be difficult for a seed to reach soil. Your footprints barely make an impact on the pleasant mossy layer.

"Definitely natural...maybe a little too natural...if this isn't related to the town's protector in some way, I'd be very surprised."

Nathan almost reverently brushes some of the moss growing on the rock in the middle of the clearing, paying some respect to the powers likely guarding this place.  A cold wind blows past soon after, and Nathan shivers again.

"...well, enough of that for now.  Time to play the waiting game."

Not much else specific to do here, so Nathan ends up spending the rest of the day in Liverwort Town with his pokemon, Sceptile in particular.  Nathan doesn't have any particular things in mind to do for the rest of the day, so he encourages Sceptile to branch out a little, pick out some places, events, and/or people to investigate that seem interesting to him.  With how friendly the locals are, Nathan doesn't have many qualms with letting the lizard take the lead for a little bit again.  Move and battle practice is one thing, but getting him used to being around friendlier people is another.  "If things start getting a little uncomfortable for you, just let me know and we can take a break at that mossy rock a little ways away from here.  No need to stress while I've got your back.  Sound good, Sceptile?"

---------------------------------------

And that's how the rest of Nathan's first day of this week will be progressing.  Come the next morning, he plans to get up early to try and spot that Noivern, and stealthily follow it to wherever it's going.  With any luck, he'll find Kelda or a clue to her whereabouts there.
Sceptile really enjoys being in a forested environment, and especially in the presence of the warm mossy rock whenever it gets too cold out in the woods. The two of you encounter someone building a cozy log cabin, and with your encouragement Sceptile helps the man with his work. In return, he gets a mug of hot chocolate and a spot under a sun lamp.

Overnight, you hear strange screeching noises on occasion, and in the very early morning you follow their source in the form of a large shadow overhead heading back to the mountains.

You are just in time to watch it duck into a rather thin almost hairline split in the mountains - must be a cave behind that split. It's only about a foot wide. As you climb up to be near it, you hear a voice coming from within. "Good Noivern! How was your hunt? Oo, thanks!"
Current project:
(10-18-2020, 06:15 PM)Iron Wrote: Sceptile really enjoys being in a forested environment, and especially in the presence of the warm mossy rock whenever it gets too cold out in the woods. The two of you encounter someone building a cozy log cabin, and with your encouragement Sceptile helps the man with his work. In return, he gets a mug of hot chocolate and a spot under a sun lamp.

Overnight, you hear strange screeching noises on occasion, and in the very early morning you follow their source in the form of a large shadow overhead heading back to the mountains.

You are just in time to watch it duck into a rather thin almost hairline split in the mountains - must be a cave behind that split. It's only about a foot wide. As you climb up to be near it, you hear a voice coming from within. "Good Noivern! How was your hunt? Oo, thanks!"

That sounds like a wonderful time, and a task Sceptile is well suited for, too.  Plenty of opportunity to help that man with chopping those logs using the legendary CUT, and moving them around once they're sized properly should be a breeze with a little help from Gallade's Telekinesis.  Sceptile gets a chance to be himself around someone other than Nathan and put his skills to use, and they help someone out in the process. A day well spent for sure.

--------------------------

Lots of screeching from a bat pokemon overnight?  Yup, that sounds about right.  Nathan definitely takes note of that, and following it in the morning should definitely be easy enough if that Noivern continues to be that noisy, even if it does happen to know FLY.

And fortunately, it does seem to be an easy task, given how carefully Nathan and Charizard make their own flight.  Noivern's loud screeching helps mask the sounds of their own stealthy approach.  Upon landing a short ways away from the destination, Nathan recalls Charizard for a moment and continues on foot, swiftly and as silently as he can manage.  If that Noivern hears him before he gets there, that'll make this search harder...

And it's roosting in a small, hard to find cave, huh?  And that voice!  Noivern's definitely not alone.  Before Nathan takes action, though, just to confirm: Does the voice sound like Kelda's, and does it sound like there's only one person in there?
Sorry for the long delay on such a simple question. I was on a short vacation to visit my great uncle.

You're entirely sure the voice is Kelda's. You only sense the one human and one Pokemon inside.
Current project:
(10-26-2020, 07:12 PM)Iron Wrote: Sorry for the long delay on such a simple question. I was on a short vacation to visit my great uncle.

You're entirely sure the voice is Kelda's. You only sense the one human and one Pokemon inside.

(Everyone seems to have been busy lately, including me.  *shrug*  Hope you had a good time!)

Alright, with the confidence that it's Kelda and that it's just her and the one pokemon, Nathan will knock on the rock wall outside before entering the little cave to announce his presence.  "*ahem*...sorry to intrude, but could I come in and speak with you for a moment, Kelda?"
(10-06-2020, 03:17 PM)Iron Wrote: You and Arcanine bow to each other and head your separate ways.

So your power works much the same as ever, except now it can be used when a flame wouldn't normally be possible - in warm water, in freezing weather, in an airless environment, or when there's no fuel to burn at all. The same is true for your Pokemon's fire moves. Freezing water can still put out your flames though, or a chemical fire suppressant.

Your control over it is also finer, so if you wanted to make shapes or things like that, you could.

(Sorry the delay in post anything in this thread)

Heart flying in the back of Moltres decided to take a look how it is going the state of the forests and nature destroyed by Deoxys Prime. He also send a message to everyone saying he finish his training and he is now ready for anything.

He also try to ask where Terra, Shiva and Nathan is right now with professor Malcolm.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(10-26-2020, 07:29 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 07:12 PM)Iron Wrote: Sorry for the long delay on such a simple question. I was on a short vacation to visit my great uncle.

(Everyone seems to have been busy lately, including me.  *shrug*  Hope you had a good time!)

Alright, with the confidence that it's Kelda and that it's just her and the one pokemon, Nathan will knock on the rock wall outside before entering the little cave to announce his presence.  "*ahem*...sorry to intrude, but could I come in and speak with you for a moment, Kelda?"

"....Nathan. That's you, isn't it? Why are you here?" She doesn't invite you inside.
Current project: