Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game thread] Skull Ruins Pokerole
No one alive, except you, has ever encountered a Primal Eevee. The Mamo had a lot of respect for this mon, and everything the modern world knows about Eevee is based on Mamo records or oral traditions.

As you already know, they can maintain some aspects of their previous pseudo-forked evolutions as they continue to evolve.

These books do know why Primals became more cuddly, though.

Primal Pokemon (and really, all Pokemon) are incarnations of nature's power. They receive a greater connection to the Earthpower which drives their attacks and their body mass, to respond to harsher environments. As environments become less hostile, or the Pokemon becomes very specialized, they don't need as much Earthpower. As their neighbor Pokemon become smaller, that's even less reason to need to be big yourself. A tiny Eevee has no problem fighting a little Yanma, but in a world where Yanmega is the norm you'd have to be larger.

So that's one reason: the natural world got less harsh.

But there's another reason: Humans!

A Pokemon that has a good relationship with humans is often more successful as a species, thanks to breeders (and hunters :/)
And human technology may diminish the natural world through habitat loss, or make it less harsh as with the Healing Machine technology, where modern humans don't even know how it works! They can only copy it.

Some Primal Pokemon were created by nature just to give Pokemon a chance against man's rapidly improving technology.

You're not sure where Primal Eevee falls in all this, though.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
(11-20-2020, 02:27 PM)Iron Wrote: "I had access to our FLY prototype, but only through my Gauntlet. It's not nearly as good as the legendary Hidden Machine. Will you teach it to Noivern please?"

"With that done, I'll just let you know at our drop point what I decide about the trades. And you will let me know before you embark to find my brother."

"Sure thing.  Just give me a second."  It's fortunate that Noivern's a dragon, so that should ease the process of teaching the typically unruly species somewhat thanks to Nathan's bloodline.  He has little to fear from most Dragons that aren't wild and untamed, and Kelda seems to be doing a decent job with this exemplar so far.  His approach to Noivern is respectful, firm, but also gentle at the same time.  Dragons are typically proud, but this one's been through harsher conditions than most.  He wants to show Noivern that he understands.

Nathan nods to affirm that plan on keeping each other informed, though he has a little more to say as well.

"Before I head out, could we talk a little about the Scimitar organization?  As I'm planning something that's likely to put me in close contact with the Water Scimitars, if you have anything you could tell me about the things going on behind the scenes, it would be very helpful.  I know you were an Earth Scimitar, but it sounded like Cosh was at least keeping tabs on the Water Scimitars to some degree.  Any insight or information you might have would be helpful.  I'm worried about what the Water Scims might be planning to do with any forgotten or ancient power they've come across...and if you have any questions about what I'm doing, fire away.  I want to keep things honest between us."
"There is communication between the two groups of Scimitars. The Water Scims definitely seemed more political and subtle. Earth Scims were flashier and blunter. I have little doubt that the Water Scimitars have survived the recent blows to the Scimitar organization better than the Earth Scims did."

"Water Scims had a highly modular leadership, with many leaders able to take command if it was something they were qualified for. Whereas with Cosh gone, the surviving Earth Scims are already going to have a huge power vacuum. I know the Water guys would be interested in any source of power, but only if they can remain somewhat behind the scenes as a whole. I know they do have some high ranking contacts, though. Juni often said so. If I were you, I'd worry most about what affects the Waters might have on the League. To control the League, they'll need access to Legendary levels of power. To influence the League, they'll need to ally with people who have current knowledge of Legendaries."

"Ally with them... or control them."
Current project:
Late reply is late, I know. About time for me to try reviving this and get it back into action.
Link to Shiva's previous action/last post
-----------

All of these ideas are mightly interesting to Shiva, rather soon she has lost herself in reading, researching and taking notes. Despite she has been aware of it subconsciously, it baffles her that she - she!! - is the only living person to have ever encountered a Primal Eevee, least of all befriending and taming an exemplar. Maybe... Just maybe it's indeed worth a try to breed more of these curious creatures.

Both these theories how dear Eevee sound agreeable and convincing to the natural fae-enthusiast, meaning she can see the reasons and thoughts behind them. She's not sure where exactly the evolutionmon falls in all this however... Oh well, she'll just write a paragraph for both of these therories and how they explain the transition of Eevee from the Primal to Today's appearance.

Next! Feeling the need for a change of topic to a lighter one, Shiva heads into the herbology section of Telperion's library, aiming to research and find out what Arrowroot was used for and can be used for. She still has a bit of this root with her, but never quite figured out what it's useful for.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Arrowroot is one of the first crops ever tended in all of Creshire - by the Mamo, of course. Those tubers are edible much like a turnip or potato. They suck in all the nutrients of the surrounding area and accumulate them in every bite.

The sap is good for treating wounds and poison, and even a few drops will function as an Antidote.

You can also make paper from the husk around the root.

There are a few different species of Arrowroot in Creshire, which each grow in different harsh environments - mountain Arrowroot, swamp Arrowroot, jungle Arrowroot. This allowed the Mamo to survive even before the agricultural revolution.
Current project:
...Arrowroot is edible? ヽ(°〇°)ノ This means that Shiva will spend the rest of the current in-game-day preparing a fine meal for today's dinner out of the several rhizomes she has dugged up in Hog Potato Swamp. But that meal is not for her, nope, she only tries it every now and then and adds spices if necessary. Including some of the herbs she has bought at the vendor with the muffins here in Botanville!~ As a special ingredient she uses one of the two units of Solace Mushroom she's got, making all dice of her cooking roll become (6).

All of it is then served alongside some of the Qualitative Pokemon Food that has been received as a reward from the League to a carefully selected group of Pokemon under her care.
Especially that little family consisting of Umbreon/Dittumbreon/Eevee has still more of wild Pokemon, and Curie has only recently gotten used to Shiva. Purrloin is obedient yet timid and may experience a culture shock given her background of coming from untouched rainforest and never seen a city before. But in the presence of the tamed and loyal Eeveelutions Shiva cares for - Vaporeon and Primal Espeon - and offered a top-notch meal... Are they fine with eating all together? Do they enjoy the special meal Shiva prepared just for them? (◕‿◕ )
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
Oh definitely. You are going all out with this meal. This is the first time the tiny Nucleon has showed no signs of fear while being around a whole bunch of Pokemon and you. It probably helps that everyone involved is an Eeveelution or cat of some kind, and all docile. Nucleon gains 1 Loyalty.

Purrloin is doing OK, though her eyes are as wide as saucers at all the strange new things she can see.

The meal tastes perfect. Even before you add the witchy Solace Mushroom, it samples as delicious. After those fine smoky slices of shroom are added, Shiva can hardly bear to give away the whole meal to her pets instead of eating it herself! People wandering by under your room can be seen sniffing the air, trying to figure out where that smell is coming from, and three Poochyena show up right outside your door and have to be sent away so they don't disturb the cats.
Current project:
That brings smol Curie the Nucleon to 3 Loyalty!! (⌒▽⌒)☆ She's still not the happiest special Eeveelution, but at least she seems to be confident that she'll do well in Shiva's care.

This was a fun and sweet experience, adding these witchy Mushrooms turned out to be just the RIGHT thing, Shiva knows this by the sole smell of the meal! It's still for her Pokemon however, all she allows herself to do is taste before serving at them. And at night, after all has been settled and done, Shiva leaves the bowls outside for the three Poochyena to lick clean.

She eventually falls asleep with all the Eeveelutions somewhere close, as close to her as their individual comfort zone allows. (Will post actions for the next day once I've figured out what to actually do.)
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
I know what to do, I know what to do!~ Can Shiva take Purrloin and fly over to southwest Creshire to visit the regrowing/regrown forest by Elanor? (⌒▽⌒)☆ Together they can do a bit of exploring, checking on how the recovering/recovered nature is doing, and just enjoy being out there + a bit away from towns and cities as these Purrloin isn't used to them at all. Instead, they'll meet the wild Pokemon living here, give them some Berries that Purrloin brought up via her special Pay Day move, and especially do some bird hunting! ( ÒωÓ)و☆ No actual killing however, Shiva is much more interested in giving Purrloin the excitement of hunting like watching and stalking these birdmon than really preying on them out of hunger. She promised to do that with Purrloin when she met that special catmon in the rainforest in 1005AD, and she keeps her word!

Being out here is also a nice opportunity for Purrloin to try and train some of her moves; so she'll try CUTTING and Night-Slashing some small branches into pieces, Fake-Outing potential prey, and Playing-Rough with any wild friendly Pokemon that are up for it. Shiva will make sure that none ends up hurt by intervening if things get too rough as well as providing Healing Items if necessary.

Oh, Yena can join in this activity too if he likes to! Being a fellow Dark Type and fierce doggo and all that, after all.
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
Purrloin is already quite a happy cat, but she gains 1 Loyalty at this fulfilled promise, which can help her be brave enough to venture into a city with Shiva.

Thanks to the intervention of Heart and his followers, the regrowing natural world is doing very well. It will reach full size in 4x the usual time, and everything is already knee high.
Current project: