Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Fan Art] Viveon, the Life Force Pokemon
[Image: viveon_reference_by_polarissb-dazf6w2.png]This is a Normal-type eeveelution I came up with.
"To the extent that authority depends on the ignorance of the governed, good writing will always be subversive."
This one's adorable and amazing at the same time! It looks so innocent, but the idea of it holding something from all of its Evolutions makes it versatile like nothing else <3 Wonder if this is what happens if an Eevee's instable gene pool stabilises...
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(04-13-2017, 11:37 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: This one's adorable and amazing at the same time! It looks so innocent, but the idea of it holding something from all of its Evolutions makes it versatile like nothing else <3 Wonder if this is what happens if an Eevee's instable gene pool stabilises...

Essentially yes. My overarching theory about pokemon is that it takes place in a (sort of) postapocalyptic future where energy from within the earth altered most forms of life (including a lot of humans, which is where many humanoid pokemon come from). The energy falls into different patterns (types), but as a pokemon grows and its energy levels rise it starts to destabilize until it breaks down violently. Each evolution is the energy collapsing into a more stable/usable pattern. Once it reaches a stable state there are no more evolutions. Eevee has a unique energy signature that can stabilize in a lot of different ways, but viveon is probably the rarest because it requires isolating the eevee from all other circumstances that would trigger an evolution and waiting for its energy signature to collapse on its own.

Viveon actually shares an energy signature with Arceus, but Arceus is several orders of magnitude stronger.

In other news, looking back at this picture I really need to turn of line smoothing when I write in Krita.
"To the extent that authority depends on the ignorance of the governed, good writing will always be subversive."
Nice one! I would agree on this energy and how it determines a Pokemon's type, because...it just makes sense to me. And because I like the thought that there's some sort of energy in every living object. Where this energy came from, or what has caused it to become so significant if it was among the Earth all the time, is a different matter though... Hmm. I also imagine isolating an Eevee from every evolution-triggering energy while it still has to gain a few levels VERY complicated.

(04-13-2017, 11:54 AM)Polaris Wrote: (...)
In other news, looking back at this picture I really need to turn of line smoothing when I write in Krita.

Maybe. It's not particularly „difficult“ to read, but it's not that easy either.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
My headcanon about this is very long, but the short version is World War III nukes destabilize every tectonic fault on earth, triggering world-shattering earthquakes. After that the energy leaked out through the fault lines.