Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So... Anime.
Welp, starting FMA and FMA:Brotherhood. (Fullmetal Alchemist) Fun fact: this series is referenced in the Square Enix game Bravely Second (makes sense as both were produced by SE.) I am still powering my way thru MKR, i like the intro song, but the stereotypical shoujo manga art style is hindering my enjoyment. I saw the first ep. of Saint Tail (also a shoujo anime) at least it doesn't use that art style, but the stereotypical plot is a definite turn-off, plus the melodrama.
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
As a break between FMA and FMA brotherhood I have started kyoukai no rinne. I read the manga of it (I normally don't read manga at all, but I had nothing else to do) and liked the series. Sure the anime is 75 episodes (3 seasons, 25 episodes each, I think) but it's bearable.
Finished FMA Brotherhood and KnR now, back to MKR (Magic Knight Rayearth) also starting another series, Kobato.
(07-09-2018, 11:49 AM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: Finished FMA Brotherhood and KnR now, back to MKR (Magic Knight Rayearth) also starting another series, Kobato.

Do you mean Kobata or rather Kobato? The latter I know but haven't read nor seen it myself yet.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
PhantomUnderYourDesk pid=' dateline= Wrote:Mikaruge108
[quote pid='49039' dateline='1531154972']
Finished FMA Brotherhood and KnR now, back to MKR (Magic Knight Rayearth) also starting another series, Kobato.

Do you mean Kobata or rather Kobato? The latter I know but haven't read nor seen it myself yet.
[/quote]

Kobato, I first typed in "kobota" by accident. And got AC'd trying to fix my snafu. *sigh* quit messing with me phone... cant even fix a post w/o this pos phone acting up...
(07-09-2018, 12:17 PM)Mikaruge108 Wrote: Kobato, I first typed in "kobota" by accident. And got AC'd trying to fix my snafu. *sigh* quit messing with me phone...

Creating such a messed up message is art on its own. ~☆

Well, when you're done with it, let me know whether it's worth watching and whether it can really be counted as Seinen as in that case I might just decide to give it a try myself.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
Just finished Magic Knight Rayearth, and boy, it was one heck of a roller-coaster ride. I'd highly recommend the series. Now to finish Kobato; now considering the rating of the manga version of Kobato, which was LSV(uses the same rating system as American TV.) and the anime series is PG-13 according to MAL, (myanimelist; a good resource for researching anime and manga)so there might be a few inappropriate things, but nothing too indecent. (⌒∇⌒)
I thought Kobato was dear, innocent and sweet with a touch of Magical Girl, but if it's true what you say I'm definitely adding it to my list of anime to watch because I can barely believe that without seeing it myself. o.o;
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
If you cry easy you might want to get some tissues ready, the last couple of episodes are really emotional
Just got finished watching a bunch of anime movies, including Kimi no na wa, Koe no Katachi, and my favorite of the bunch: Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (aka Warriors of the Wind) starting CCS (Card Captor Sakura) and Angelic Layer.