Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Guide] Pokemon Showcase: Escartress [Competititve]
Oh well, guess I'll have to plan around that, huh? Guess my next guide will be a little more interesting...
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(09-25-2016, 12:16 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Oh well, guess I'll have to plan around that, huh? Guess my next guide will be a little more interesting...

You probably don't need these links any more, but just in case...
http://pokemon-uranium.wikia.com/wiki/Dramsama
The changes to its bases are listed below.  The mega is a tad dissapointing to me, just feels like a bland special attacker.  But what really leaves a poor taste in my mouth was the changes to normal Dramsama.  In order to balance M-Dramsama, they outright gutted normal Dramsama and left it on the street to die.  It's almost completely unusable now...

Also, you should join the breeders discord, I'd like to see some more competitive discussion.
https://discord.gg/BdSSV
(09-25-2016, 10:25 PM)poweroftibarn Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 12:16 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Oh well, guess I'll have to plan around that, huh? Guess my next guide will be a little more interesting...

The changes to its bases are listed below.  The mega is a tad dissapointing to me, just feels like a bland special attacker.  But what really leaves a poor taste in my mouth was the changes to normal Dramsama.  In order to balance M-Dramsama, they outright gutted normal Dramsama and left it on the street to die.  It's almost completely unusable now...

Also, you should join the breeders discord, I'd like to see some more competitive discussion.
Well fuck, one of my favorite pokemon has basically been turned into Zoroark 2.0, which is not very good...

What made it special (and good) was that it used to have decent speed, high health, good def, and good Special attack, which combined with Illusion, actually let it do its job well. It could be taken out quickly if it was STABed to death, but otherwise it could maintain its presence on the battle field, screwing with minds all the while. Now that its survivability has been nerfed to the ground, it has gone from one of the only usable ghost in comp. to just disappointing...

Honeslty, with these changes, I rather have the devs remove the mega form and revert the changes to Dramsama, as I rather have old Dramsama than have to write a guide in its disappointing state. Heck, I even though the mega was redundant, as its flashiness goes against its nature of espionage...

I mean, I still will, but now I have to describe on how in the past it was useful, but now it is just not, which will just be depressing...

Oh, and I am part of the discord, I just never go on there anymore due to college. Sorry bout that.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(09-24-2016, 10:55 PM)tarutaru Wrote: When thinking of way to counter M-Archilles, the newly born beast, I certainly overlooked this Pokemon. I just took Sand Stream as a setter of sand teams, but wow it can be used to reduce damage from M-Archilles!

I would use it as a special wall who can attack well, it's main target is Archilles and Yatagaryu but also want to aim Inflagetah too. I'm not good at these calculations, but do you need some EVs in Defence to endure two hits of Inflagetah's Extreme Speed? Maybe with it having Choice Band?

As a special wall, it would be great if it can be sent against M-Syrentide too, it can Toxic-Recover and beat it if it endure two hits from Pixilate Hyper Voice, and I think that's not possible. Or is it?

It is definitely possible. I did calcs on it whilst I was making this guide, and boy, you'll be surprised! A 252 HP 4 DEF 252 Sp DEF Calm Escartress can tank both Fiery Devils including getting 3HKO from both CB Inflagetah and Mega Inflagetah's Extremespeed , gets 3HKO from Mega Syrentide's Hyper Voice assuming that Escartress is she is at full HP. I'm impressed!

Leaving Toxic on Mega Syrentide can be a good idea, but keep in mind that she may have access to Rest. I suggest you to switch out asap to a better counter, rather than stalling, because Mega Syrentide with one Calm Mind has a good chance of 2HKO-ing Escartress otherwise. Be careful! Still, if you predict a switch in, using Toxic on that turn is never a bad idea :p

(09-26-2016, 12:50 AM)Lord Windos Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 10:25 PM)poweroftibarn Wrote:

Well fuck, one of my favorite pokemon has basically been turned into Zoroark 2.0, which is not very good...

What made it special (and good) was that it used to have decent speed, high health, good def, and good Special attack, which combined with Illusion, actually let it do its job well. It could be taken out quickly if it was STABed to death, but otherwise it could maintain its presence on the battle field, screwing with minds all the while. Now that its survivability has been nerfed to the ground, it has gone from one of the only usable ghost in comp. to just disappointing...

Honeslty, with these changes, I rather have the devs remove the mega form and revert the changes to Dramsama, as I rather have old Dramsama than have to write a guide in its disappointing state. Heck, I even though the mega was redundant, as its flashiness goes against its nature of espionage...

I mean, I still will, but now I have to describe on how in the past it was useful, but now it is just not, which will just be depressing...

Oh, and I am part of the discord, I just never go on there anymore due to college. Sorry bout that.

Ikr, I did appeal to Andro about at least boosting her defensive stats, as Dramsama has not one, but 2 4x weaknesses, which is very, very frightening. He thinks the current nerf still makes it viable enough to compete with the other Megas though...

Oh, btw, I cleaned up the guide. It is now completed.. as for now : D

Doesn't Escartress get Shell Smash by Egg move from Cocancer? Seems like that would be completely superior to Rock Polish.