Poll: Are you in support of Net Neutrality?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I value it.
100.00%
15 100.00%
No, I have reason to oppose it.
0%
0 0%
Neither: I don't not know/care about the issue, or it is not relevant to my life.
0%
0 0%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Net Neutrality is being Repealed.
I've heard small things about the state of the geopolitical scene in Brazil at the moment, and its not very pretty from what I can tell. I just hope you are doing alright there...
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Nah, dont worry about me old friend. When you live in one dangerous city like Fortaleza (is one of the cities from Brazil) you learn how to take care. I have a bless to born in a stable family, but the same scenario its not so pretty for the rest. There is more dangerous places to go, you cant with that. But we get off from the main topic.

Sometimes I ask myself how humanity can be stupidy sometimes. The internet its a place to stay neutral, and have freedom. This something they only want: Money. Is like ''screw the rest,, the only thing we want its money for ourselves". Lets hope this story ends well...
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(Ah, politics. If only there was an opposition, because damn, do I love myself a good debate.)

Time to share my Personal opinions on this matter.

First, let me start off by stating that I am completely for Net Neutrality. It's enough having the CIA spying on us (kek), we do not need any more invasions of privacy. And while i do not dabble in this subject too often, due to being passive most of the time, I will say that this is an important issue nonetheless. Net Neutrality prevents this wide web being infested with corruption, at least more than it already is... Some examples may include, but are not limited to:

- Making social media sites even more insecure than they already are: Even private conversations and material could be taken or sold at will, given that Net Neutrality is violated and destroyed.

- The beginning of the division of the internet: While it is greatly known that the internet is a place of many different opinions and clashing ideals. It must be noted that under a non-neutral internet, stronger parties will form and control the filtration of information, data, and much more. And those objecting to the information being published will form their own parties, thus forming a divided internet which is nowhere near as free.

- Turning the very concept of the web into a marketing ploy: Even more than it already is, under a non-neutral net certain parties would be able to control network speed and -naturally- information. Certain businesses would be forced to pay up or pack up. And those who do pay the fee will have their business turned into a billboard, advertising the products of those who now force the honest and decent to pay, for those who will throw their paper bills at what they do not need. Blind consumers picking up after greed-blinded producers, what a beautiful sight THAT would be.

- The true politicization of the internet: While closely tied to the second catastrophe I had mentioned, this is an issue of it's own. As human beings we are heavily guided by influence, hell, the whole basis for the world we live in and the governments that guide us is based on influence. Which party do you side with? What do you think is right and wrong? Who do you choose to follow? If Net Neutrality is eradicated, certain viewpoints will be blocked out by those who wish to make theirs heard, those with influence will use it to guide theirs further and, in turn, create a battle front of influence. In other words, as anti-climactic as it may sound, The internet will no longer be neutral. There will be sides, the definitions of what may and may not be true will be skewed, the whole purpose of this information-sharing phenomenon will simply become a propaganda tool... Well, more than it already is anyway.

And those are simply a few of the issues this would create if Neutrality is eradicated. Naturally, I am with it remaining, as i do not suspect that the governments of the world need to spend any more of our tax dollars on yet ANOTHER propaganda tool. But hey, what do I know?
아니    암캐    깜둥이
아니    절도    깜둥이
(06-02-2017, 06:26 PM)SmokedMemes Wrote: - The true politicization of the internet: While closely tied to the second catastrophe I had mentioned, this is an issue of it's own. As human beings we are heavily guided by influence, hell, the whole basis for the world we live in and the governments that guide us is based on influence. Which party do you side with? What do you think is right and wrong? Who do you choose to follow? If Net Neutrality is eradicated, certain viewpoints will be blocked out by those who wish to make theirs heard, those with influence will use it to guide theirs further and, in turn, create a battle front of influence. In other words, as anti-climactic as it may sound, The internet will no longer be neutral. There will be sides, the definitions of what may and may not be true will be skewed, the whole purpose of this information-sharing phenomenon will simply become a propaganda tool... Well, more than it already is anyway.

Especially this sounds bad. Very bad. It'll only lead to tragedy, fights and a threat for the Earth. The media have quite an influence on the people who follow them, and already try to lead people to certain views and opinions. Those views and opinions can be positive, caring, helpful ones, but also awake hate against certain people/countries and propaganda. Nothing new. It may not happen at once, bit rather slowly and steady over time. Sorry if I'm do pessimistic on this, you may agree with me or not.

Apart from that, I wonder why those in America now decided they want to get rid of Net Neutrality, and struggle to see their reasons. More money and profit is mote of an effect of the thing instead of a real reason. Hmm... instable times, with all the terror and things.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(06-03-2017, 01:54 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 06:26 PM)SmokedMemes Wrote: - The true politicization of the internet: While closely tied to the second catastrophe I had mentioned, this is an issue of it's own. As human beings we are heavily guided by influence, hell, the whole basis for the world we live in and the governments that guide us is based on influence. Which party do you side with? What do you think is right and wrong? Who do you choose to follow? If Net Neutrality is eradicated, certain viewpoints will be blocked out by those who wish to make theirs heard, those with influence will use it to guide theirs further and, in turn, create a battle front of influence. In other words, as anti-climactic as it may sound, The internet will no longer be neutral. There will be sides, the definitions of what may and may not be true will be skewed, the whole purpose of this information-sharing phenomenon will simply become a propaganda tool... Well, more than it already is anyway.

Especially this sounds bad. Very bad. It'll only lead to tragedy, fights and a threat for the Earth. The media have quite an influence on the people who follow them, and already try to lead people to certain views and opinions. Those views and opinions can be positive, caring, helpful ones, but also awake hate against certain people/countries and propaganda. Nothing new. It may not happen at once, bit rather slowly and steady over time. Sorry if I'm do pessimistic on this, you may agree with me or not.

Apart from that, I wonder why those in America now decided they want to get rid of Net Neutrality, and struggle to see their reasons. More money and profit is mote of an effect of the thing instead of a real reason. Hmm... instable times, with all the terror and things.
Profiteering is definitely a big factor, but the guy that is the head of the FCC now once worked for those exploitative ISPs, so he's most likely corrupt in some fashion as well. The people of America DIDN'T want Net Neutrality to be revoked, but the ones in charge did so anyway, so they basically ignored what the majority said. Which, in a Democracy, is baaaaaaaaaad.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

(06-03-2017, 01:59 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: The people of America DIDN'T want Net Neutrality to be revoked, but the ones in charge did so anyway, so they basically ignored what the majority said. Which, in a Democracy, is baaaaaaaaaad.

Very bad actually, indeed.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
(06-03-2017, 02:50 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 01:59 AM)Lord Windos Wrote: The people of America DIDN'T want Net Neutrality to be revoked, but the ones in charge did so anyway, so they basically ignored what the majority said. Which, in a Democracy, is baaaaaaaaaad.

Very bad actually, indeed.
(Before we go on, I'd like to thank everyone who seemed to enjoy what i wrote, specifically the last point. Though most people prefer not to enter into the realm of politics and influence too much, it's also worth noting that sooner or later, light must be shone down onto the subject. So once again, thank you all.)

Truth be told, though we preach on being so democratic, we aren't that democratic in truth. However, I would also like to discuss a similar topic that could become much more dangerous given the opportunity. Is it related to Net Neutrality? No. But it COULD become a wild fire if unattended.

The Politicization of Universities:  Before anyone becomes confused, I would like to state that this is not related to Net Neutrality, but rather, it is a subject that had piqued my interest since the very beginning. I do have quite a bit to say relating to this subject, so buckle up, this will be a long one.

Lets start with a bit of backstory (and an example) to what i exactly mean by "Politicizing Universities". Without disclosing too much personal information, I will reveal that both of my parents had worked in the University business and still are to this day. My father specifically, had the chance that most would not often get, he was able to sort through, choose, and nominate those who would enter a high class university (An Ivy league, which one of the eight it was... I won't reveal). Really, it meant being at the top of the top, and I still imagine what it would be like to this day... But that's off topic.

Either way, once he had been hosting interviews to see who was qualified before reaching the final board meaning to be selected, and then all of a sudden, a student who happened to be from the same country tried to win him over using the "Politics card". The reason for this act was that the student did not have sufficient grades, and so he resorted to trash talking those with different nationalities. He claimed that these foreigners were the enemy, and that he should do something noble and let someone of his own blood enter the university. Naturally, my father shut him down without further thought, but this got me thinking... What if Universities were this way? Hosted by political views and political parties rather than simply a place for becoming a thriving member of the community. Well, realistically, a lot would happen, however, i will try to narrow it down since i have been working on this for above an hour so far and i should PROBABLY wrap it up (I will most likely continue in another post if others wish to see it.)

1. The overall way how Universities are formed and tackled would be shifted. In most cases, Universities are open to any who has the qualifications, would benefit the University, and money. However, under this new politicized system, Students would no longer attend Universities simply for education or to grow as an individual... Rather, they would attend the universities which follow the parties that the individual supports. This would degrade an area where one develops there character into yet another political group mosh pit, that serves nothing more than a host for those who can't look farther than their own nose, running in circles and fighting themselves.

2. The Application range and Education will be decimated and reduced into a shadow of it's former self. The magical charm about college and uni is that (In a way) there is a sort of leveled play field. Most who apply are on a similar level starting off and it all depends on their hard work, performance, and grades to make it through. And yet, assuming they were politicized, those who are in a certain party or nationality would have a much easier time applying, whether it's discounts, funding, leniency in judging... they would have an unfair advantage over those from a different party. And if the matter gets truly out of hand, Universities that are manipulated by certain parties could go as far as to ban those who support the opposition, which turns the educational scene into a political battleground.

I'm still building up more of a thesis around this, but those are two that i thought i should disclose first, plus, i should be getting some sleep soon... ah, who am I kidding, just gonna sit up and catch up to the manga of Boku No Hero Academia.
아니    암캐    깜둥이
아니    절도    깜둥이
Ehm... Windos, it seems things have gone dire again concerning Net Neutrality, as this is what has been brought to the attention when I was looking something up on Bulbapedia this morning.

They still want to end Net Neutrality

'Break the Internet' Campaign on 12th December

Dunno, @CodySP, do you want to add a header or banner shown in the second link to the Forum as well to make a standpoint?
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
Yeap, I'm rather aware of this going on, and I'm more or less disgusted by the fact that policy makers and the FCC is blatently ignoring our opinions to end net neutrality and bring upon the age where corporate interest ruin the internet for EVERYONE. This is not fun, people, and a serious issue that'll affect the aspects of millions of peoples lives, so PLEASE spread awareness about this issue and (If you are a US citizen), find out who is your senator/represenitives and write to them to OPPOSE the FCC. The internet should, if not be a free place, then at the very least an equal opportunity one.

I fear what will happen in the future because of that. I sight to help. I not a citizen of EUA but I dont want that to happen to anyone because if they agree with the end of Net Neutrality, many other countries will suffer. Our politics try to do the same fucking thing here in Brazil. The Internet its already bad, and being honest, the Brazil is a country of third world. We dont have too resources or tecnology to make this type of thing! But they only think in money and mark my words: This will bring chaos. More than we live in this days.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.