Poll: Are you in support of Net Neutrality?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I value it.
100.00%
15 100.00%
No, I have reason to oppose it.
0%
0 0%
Neither: I don't not know/care about the issue, or it is not relevant to my life.
0%
0 0%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Net Neutrality is being Repealed.
Got another video about Net Neutrality ending, this time concerning Ajit Pai and his rather.....generous idea that all will be fine and dandy regardless of the outcome.....! except not:

This is why I choose to be a cynical pessimist in life, despite my cheerful attitude: why be otherwise when life seems determined to be as depressing and miserable as possible?

Humanist Report also has other videos covering this topic, and I recommend anyone reading this thread to at least read up on the issue, and send your letters/phone calls to Congress in order to stop this....this.....fool from ruining perhaps one of the greatest inventions of mankind.

Net Neutrality must remain in place, for what will defend us from the companies without laws and regulations in place?
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Well, this is.... discouraging, to say the least... AP News - The Latest: FCC votes down Obama-era ‘net neutrality’ rules Sad

It's a major step in the wrong direction... and it's a very bad omen for the future of the Internet... BUT... it's not the end, at least not yet. There are still ways this bill can be overturned, so I encourage anyone who is able to keep contacting their local representatives, keep raising awareness, keep doing anything and everything possible to fight back.
Honestly, I feel that my move to Canada could not have come with more impeccable timing.  It seems that every time America takes a step in the right direction, the higher-ups in their ignorance, greed, and corruption bring the progress back two or more steps.  America has become so fragmented in terms of humanity that for me, it's like looking at a plate that's been cracked, fractured, and in some places shattered beyond recognition.  The FCC's ruling and Ajit Pai's astounding and misguided perspective are just a couple of countless ways this has manifested.  Because of how America has implanted itself in every other nation in some way or another, the repeal of net neutrality rules will be felt in every country, and may set some very unpleasant precedents.

SmokedMemes, you've elaborated quite nicely on those details, so I don't need to repeat them.

Given the Internet's role in everyday functions within every area of society, I will be keeping an eye on what happens from here on.  Even the most mundane endeavors will be affected, and even if the fight to protect net neutrality is won, the after-effects of this ruling will linger for quite some time afterward.  This might seem irrelevant to the topic, but extrasensory perception is a natural thing for me.  When this ruling passed, I felt an unmistakable shift in a darker direction than what's already been going on.  The silver lining is that when night falls, the true heroes of the world make their appearance.  Against the inky darkness, virtuous hearts shine at their brightest.

I have this sense that the midnight sun humanity so desperately needs will come from the actions of some very unlikely people--and these people will have the greatest influence on the decision-makers who have the power to not only reverse the ruling, but also address the many other issues plaguing the world.

Perhaps this will be the call that humanity needs to reconnect with the real world and everyone who shares it with them, both human and not.  Underneath Pai's blatant misdirection and the FFC's ruling, and everything else that's going on, there's a root issue that most people don't even see, even though it's all around them and within them every single day.
It is by descending into the pits of one's personal hells to face them, conquer them, and make them part of one's strength that one realizes what's called "true power."
Not only United States, here in Brazil our representatives is thinking to implement this new rule about the end of neutrality in my country too. The internet its already not good here, but with that new law? Things will only got worse. *sigh* This make me loose more and more faith in humanity. We can't simple wait for heroes to appear, not in this world. The only thing we can do is fight with our own hands. Lets hope that joke as president pay, and that damn Pai receive the bill as a fool he truly is.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
@Psykan, what you are mentioning there about the shift into a darker direction scares me. Well, not your words as I'm not blaming the messanger, but it's that 'shift' that makes me feel somewhat unformcortable.

@Spiritmon, I'd gladly link you this --> https://www.battleforthenet.com/breaktheinternet/ again if you want to fight with your own hands.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
*Sigh* The whole FCC Rule sticks of being a rigged game from the start, with the ISP currying just enough favor and influence to finally get what they desired: total control over our Internet data, so that they can ransom it for all its worth. God damn it all......when will cooperations ever learn when enough money is ENOUGH MONEY? ARrrrrgGhhh......
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(12-16-2017, 06:21 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: @Psykan, what you are mentioning there about the shift into a darker direction scares me. Well, not your words as I'm not blaming the messanger, but it's that 'shift' that makes me feel somewhat unformcortable.

@Spiritmon, I'd gladly link you this --> https://www.battleforthenet.com/breaktheinternet/ again if you want to fight with your own hands.

Thank you Phantom. I sight and put my name there. I WILL not let them destroy one of greatest creations of humanity. Not without a fight. Thank you.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
I'm taking a bit of a different direction in all of this, just because I've seen what's really going on. That's not to say that everyone else's endeavors are meaningless, though--if anything, I'm taking on even steeper odds than all of those who are rallying around net neutrality, against the FCC and Pai's nonsense. Both levels are equally important.

Phantom Wrote:@Psykan, what you are mentioning there about the shift into a darker direction scares me. Well, not your words as I'm not blaming the messanger, but it's that 'shift' that makes me feel somewhat unformcortable.

I get what you're saying, but perhaps you've noticed it already? Even if you don't have the perception that I do, surely you've seen the direction things are going just by looking around, both online and offline. I used to feel the same way about these things, but when I think about my own hellish journey through life and how many times I could have died, yet still live, it helps to put these things into perspective.

I've got your backs, too--you and everyone else who refuse to submit to the dismantling of an open Internet. I guess, to put it simply, I'm planning to dive into the core of things; the reason why such misguided and detrimental rulings are made in the first place, and in many ways, it's even more hideous than the FCC's ruling. The corruption of humanity gives way to some truly grotesque transformations, and it's that corruption I'm standing against.

Glad we're all on the same page here, despite our differing approaches. There's far too much at stake to sit on a cushion of apathy and allow things to keep going the way they are, yeah?

Lord Windos Wrote:*Sigh* The whole FCC Rule sticks of being a rigged game from the start, with the ISP currying just enough favor and influence to finally get what they desired: total control over our Internet data, so that they can ransom it for all its worth. God damn it all......when will cooperations ever learn when enough money is ENOUGH MONEY? ARrrrrgGhhh......

As per the laws of nature, there is a balance in all things. This includes the notion that, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, as Newton's Third Law of Motion states. However, I've realized that in the grand scheme of things, this applies to much more than just the physical realm. What this means is that eventually, something will happen to balance out the offset these corporations are causing--and it's likely to be a very acute event, as a response to all the pushing and manipulation these greedy corporations have been doing for so long. They can only keep this up for so long before something snaps and counters everything they have perpetrated.

So don't worry, these companies and the corrupt individuals calling the shots will get theirs...and it's likely to happen quite soon. People are getting sick of their schemes, and despite what everyone is taught nowadays, people have more power than they know. Watch what happens from here on, and you'll see the spirit of law in action.
It is by descending into the pits of one's personal hells to face them, conquer them, and make them part of one's strength that one realizes what's called "true power."
Things have been silent for a while.

Maybe too silent.

...Now, those who live in the European Union like I for example do, have reasons to be concerned again. What I'm talking about is controversial Article 13, something a good friend pointed me to yesterday (I thank thee so much for that)

http://www.alphr.com/politics/1009470/ar...-copyright

While I'm usually none who dabbles in politics, I've done a bit of reading concerning this topic; and what I found worries me and allures headshakes of incomprehension, as is this article passes and gets put into action, the internet as we know it might not be the same anymore in the EU.

In short, this article affects copyrighted material and puts an onus at the providers and admins of websites and online platforms to prevent law of copyright being infringed instead on the users (us) like before. It's within our interest to handle copyrighted material respectfully and not claim things as our own when it's not, but the article takes things on a different level and would outright prevent the sharing of any copyrighted material in general, censoring the internet. YouTube won't be the same, uploaders of LetsPlay-videos might find themselves prevented from sharing their content just like channels with musical remixes and parodies, the meme culture will be heavily impaired in their freedom, tumblr won't function in the way it does, there are many aspects that would be negatively affected if the automated tracking technology spoken about in article are being launched.

Furthermore, smaller businesses located in the EU will pretty likely become unable to properly compete with the big American companies like Google, Reddit, YouTube etc. as the costs for the required technology will simply be too much for them to bear, resulting in an unbalanced market where the big companies rule.

On 5th July, things will be put into debate again as then Members of the European Parliment (MEPs) vote in a plenary vote. Until then, we don't have to sit and worry though:
https://saveyourinternet.eu/
I can only encourage whoever reads this post to research further and enter the fight, even if you're living outside the European Union. The internet should remain free.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
That's... disturbing to say the least. I live in the US and am really appalled by the repealling of net neutrality to be a selfish and to be frank, fucked up. all in all net neutrality is a must. I'm not really one for political BS but this is one issue that shouldn't be ignored.
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]