Pokemon Uranium
Is this Ban-Worthy? - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum)
+-- Forum: Pokemon Uranium (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help Desk (https://pokemonuranium.co/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Is this Ban-Worthy? (/showthread.php?tid=2599)

Is this Ban-Worthy? - TheTainted_Wisdom - 01-08-2020

Okay, so I just became aware a few days ago that the Nuclear Actan is still kicking around in some capacity.

Let's say, hypothetically, I or anyone else were to somehow get my hands on one. Be it via Wonder Trade by some miracle, tweaking files to get rid of the patches that prevent the glitch that made catching it possible, or just straight-up hacking one from a Chiynmunk if I somehow figured out how to do that.

If this Actan were to attempt to be traded in the GTS, or set up on a Virtual Trainer team... Would that get my file/game banned from online use? I've gotten the message "you have been banned from online play/services" erroneously before so I know it's possible. I just don't want to go through the effort of trying to get something awesome only get completely and utterly locked out of the game's online community just for doing so. I also don't relish the idea of going through a ton of effort only for the Virtual Trainer I try to make to just get banned and disappear anyway.

RE: Is this Ban-Worthy? - Iron - 01-10-2020

Yes, any file tweaking or hacking is 100% banworthy. The game does do some legality checks on Virtual Trainers as well. I'm not sure if Nuclear Actan is considered legal by those checks.

RE: Is this Ban-Worthy? - Bingo - 01-10-2020

So, is making custom sprites for pokemon/anything else ban-worthy?

Bingo

RE: Is this Ban-Worthy? - Iron - 01-10-2020

Custom sprites and sounds are perfectly fine!

Another warning to Tainted Wisdom - I checked with L, and the game automatically removes any caught Nuclear Actans when you load a save. So there's no way to keep them in the current version.

And it wouldn't pass the legality check anyway.

RE: Is this Ban-Worthy? - TheTainted_Wisdom - 01-10-2020

(01-10-2020, 01:30 PM)Iron Wrote: Custom sprites and sounds are perfectly fine!

Another warning to Tainted Wisdom - I checked with L, and the game automatically removes any caught Nuclear Actans when you load a save. So there's no way to keep them in the current version.

And it wouldn't pass the legality check anyway.

Hm... Now that I think of it... in Spiritmon's post he/she mentioned that he/she got 2 Nuclear Actans through a Wonder Trade Event, not that he/she has two of them so maybe it was just a case of me getting to flabbergasted by the idea to pay attention to the specific language used...

Crying shame about the legality check. I wasn't looking to make some invincible Virtual Trainer, just have a cool addition that players could fight for fun. And if it's illegal in the Virtual Trainer registration, I'm guessing that the same holds true for the GTS, at least when it comes to something other than the Wonder Trade function apparently...

I appreciate the confirmation. (Tips nonexistent hat.)