Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[Meta thread] Iron's PokeRole Adventure: The Skull Ruins
(05-23-2017, 04:00 PM)Iron Wrote: Loyalty is its own mechanic, so basically only a naturally disobedient Pokemon will disobey an order. Their Loyalty score is tied to the ones who invested those points in them, ie, their first owner. Gym badges do help, and it's possible for a Pokemon to have Loyalty it gives to different trainers.

Loyalty has a use outside of battle too, because a more loyal Pokemon will be more likely to risk its life for its trainer. So even a calm and obedient Poliwag, who likes to battle but doesn't have any Loyalty, probably won't stick around when real danger looms.

I don't see any realistic reason traded Pokemon would gain extra XP. I might be willing to entertain arguments on the subject.

Did that answer your questions, or was it just rambling?

Just some thoughts is all.  Considering the style of the game, it makes some sense that the trade mechanics from the games wouldn't make it over.  Though I can think of one reason growth might happen more rapidly for a traded pokemon: differing training styles between trainers.  Of course, they'd have to have been training with one trainer for a bit before the benefits of learning another way could be felt, and it could easily backfire as well and decrease their growth potential if they don't take to the different training well...

Again, your call, I guess.  I don't see any reason to argue the point, really.  

Anyways, can't wait to see all that juicy exp Nathan just got!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: [Meta thread] Iron's PokeRole Adventure: The Skull Ruins - by Dragonstrike - 05-23-2017, 04:05 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 52 Guest(s)