Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[Meta thread] Iron's PokeRole Adventure: The Skull Ruins
(12-09-2017, 07:34 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(12-09-2017, 07:28 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Like the idea, but what would be the point of leveling up a Trainer's base Stats besides Vitality  (Since that added to HP regardless of rule setting), since you'd be using a Pokémon's own Stats/Skills/Specialties to do rolls?

That's the trick, and the secret Wink .  You'll find out when I eventually get things rolling.  And the other change is I'll be readding the Contest specialties and skills, and using the original accuracy rolls instead of using Dex and Fight for almost everything.  A little more complex?  Yeah, but leveling the contest skills happens naturally as you level the normal skills, so it's not too hard to manage, thankfully.

And I'm fairly certain my campaign will interest you somewhat, Windos, based on some of our past conversations.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of reintroducing Contest, since that makes some moves unusuable unless you specifically up that Attribute/Specialty/Skill , which is counter productive to free form build making and/or limits what a Pokémon can do with their own Stats. Still, haven't yet seen what you are going to do with the system/game world, so I'm open to new things and inplementations (Or re-implementations, as is the case here).

I'll reserve all judgement and expectation until I'm a part of it, but I know it will be a killer one with how I've seen you write and organize things!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: [Meta thread] Iron's PokeRole Adventure: The Skull Ruins - by Lord Windos - 12-09-2017, 07:40 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 78 Guest(s)