Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[Meta thread] Iron's PokeRole Adventure: The Skull Ruins
(08-28-2019, 10:08 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

When I said that, I meant it more in the sense of 'You're going to more often than not err of giving The Sword buff to Nathan's Pokemon or Marco's), rather being literal. And yes, that's something I'm amply aware of, and have come up with a few idea with how to maximize the benefit of it. I'll reveal them in a bit, so you won't have to wait for long!

Nope, it doesn't, but The Artifact Buffs are a scare resource in the sense only a select few can benefit off them per Round, so while I would be thrilled to have one of Terra's Pokemon do the nuking for a bit, I'm aware that opportunity is going to be rather low unless I can convince you otherwise or you've burned through all your options (No offense meant by me saying this, btw). Right now, the best use of the Sword I can see is either with Grid and/or Princess using SP Fury Cutter (It bears repeating: Up to 10 PD Damage per uninterruptible chain, cricky jee wiz!), or asking Iron to see if using the Sword on Ditto would allow them to power up their Transformation enough to be at least a quarter strong as DEOXYS. If somebody can Flinch DEOXYS or distract it before Grid/Princess acts, then they would be able to eviscerate that damn alien in short order (hopefully), and if they're given protection either via attack redirection or from an Artifact, they would be able to last long enough to potentially down it within a few rounds. High Estimate says that DEOXYS most likely has ~ 50 PD HP or so, which could fuluctuate depending on if it can use Recover and/or drain Earthpower from the land to repair itself - in either case, we'd need to do something to preemptively rub those options of its out - so it would take about 5 or so Rounds of frantic action, which is entirely feasible for us to do assuming it don't have bullshit AoE Damaging/Crowd Control Maneuvers.

I've already listed out some potential weakness that DEOXYS could have, so we could try our luck with them to see if any of it sticks. Thought of another potential weakness of its, but its a bit.....messy. Essentially, we use biological warfare on it. Create a bomb or get an spray airplane, and fill them with some of the most corrosive and potent enzyme and bacteria mixes that are designed to break down nearly any DNA, and then carpet bomb/spray the area DEOXYS is in. If it works even a little bit, it would be a potent way of dealing with them.....at the cost of salting and burning Tezeal Valley. Plan has a high chance of success if the group could get a sample of its DNA and have Mallorn stress test it to see what chems/enzymes can break it down, but the cost is both the high risk associated with GETTING the DNA, practicallity, and time. At best, I can see it as being a sorta last ditch effort thing, unless the Legends of Cheshire decide to finally get off their mythological arse and defend their home land, instead of watching to see what happens....

Fair enough point, though I do find that to be ultimately a reasonable trade off for turning a Move into a Infinity + 1 Sword temporarily.

Yeap, so everyone best have a few Spread Damagers in your line ups just for that!

.....Very well. Hopefully nothing terribly ill comes from his participation....or weirder stuff still.

---

In regard to the swarm of Deoxys clones and brainwashed/press ganged Wildmons that are likely strew about DEOXYS home base, I do have a solution that could more or less effective: Have an Pokemon capable of AoE Damage lead the charge, then constantly keep them turbo charge with ALL or more of The Artifact Buffs while they spam their AoE to just clear away everything. Out of my Pokemon, Melly and Inari can do the job rather nicely with Discharge and Bulldoze (respectively), and with either of their Moves we have Pokemon that would be Immune to the Damage Type of them, so they (The Immune Pokemon) could be fielded alongside them to help clean up and draw aggro away. If you and the rest of the characters have Pokemon that can do AoE Moves too, though, they'd worked fine with such a strat too, though depending on the Damage Type of the AoE it would be harder to coordinate a squad around them.

 Alternatively, doesn't the League still have access to the Surf HM? Can't we pension them for it to be taught to our Water types, so that we have a HM AoE Move (Assuming it still has its Field Affect properties from gen VI) for Sword Buff Turbo charging? HM Moves are already Plot Deviced to a certain extent, but imagine how much more powerful they'd become if they we given that extra boost....

I'd say go with Zippy for that sweet SE SP Bug STABs, but I imagine Porygon Z would wreck an appropriate amount of havoc with it's own esoteric bunch of tricks. However, having either Charizard or Swiftfire means you have a form of transport to skirt around the battlefield, and if they're fed one of Terra's Salac Berries nothing but perhaps an Speed Form Deoyx could keep up with them, and PD Fire Moves sound awful nasty, don't cha think? Especially SP INFERNO. Oh gods, that might possibly create a whole new level of Burn, if it's buffed that way.....
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: [Meta thread] Iron's PokeRole Adventure: The Skull Ruins - by Lord Windos - 08-28-2019, 11:04 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 62 Guest(s)