Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow Soft Resetting of Urayne
Pretty simple in theory. Interrupt the script in the final battle just before you get Urayne, allow some saving one step ahead of it, then have the ability to interact with Urayne in order to soft reset for natures and the like. Then, just give the player any option to check thier party before resuming the endgame script. 

It’s a small detail but one that would be appreciated by the community, especially since getting Urayne is a completely random event as of the current version. Since the game force saves after the Tandor Championship <b>there is no way to soft reset for Urayne. </b>

Here is my proposal in script format. This is how it would work on a rom hack at the very least, I don't know how well it would translate over to RPGmaker. 

(Tandor Championship script prior to Urayne joining party)
> end

Create intractable Urayne sprite, set flag #092 or whatever that unless triggered will not resume script.

Event#whatever
Givepokemon 0xwhateverUrayne'snumberis
goto @ Uraynejoins
Setflag 0x092
end

@Uraynejoins
Text 0x5 "Thank you for letting me join you, [PLAYER]!

And then, make everybody interactable,

Event#whatever
Checkflag 0x092
If 0x1 goto @Finalscript

Text 0x5 "Urayne wants to join you, you should talk to it."
end

@Finalscript
(Insert the rest of the script here)

end

- Or something like that. Maybe it's harder to do in RPGmaker?
I don't know the technical aspect of what you are expounding upon per say, but I do know that gist , and I agree entirely. Reseting for both Shinies and higher IV/Better Nature/some combination there is a staple for most static overworld encounters with Legendaries, and I was less than pleased when that did not prove true for the great Nuclear apocolyspe itself...

A simpler solution to get a better Urayne, though, would be to just pention the admins/mods for a Mystery Gift Urayne that has 6IVs and a Jolly/Timid Nature for those competitively minded out there. Again, I don't know the details or a base of comparison as to how much work this would actually take them to code up such an entity, but I sincerely doubt its THAT much.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
The thing about Mystery Gifts though is that they're usually one-time only, which can feel a little unfair at times depending on what the gift is.  Not to say I dislike the fact that the unique mystery gift pokemon so far are all pretty usable in their own right, but it would sting pretty badly to get beat up by one of them if you didn't have the chance to get it yourself (I'm looking at you, Nuclear Pajay.  I'll finish that analysis that I started on you eventually...along with Paraboom's...).  

Limited time gifts in general are a little difficult to balance, though.  Don't make them special enough, nobody's going to care very much about them.  Make them an absolute must have, and everyone who misses them is going to complain about it.

Back on the topic of Urayne itself, though, another potential way to make it easier to get a half decent one at least is to make the Legendaries guaranteed to have 3+ IVs of 31 (which started in X and Y in the main series).  Makes it a lot easier to reasonably obtain competitive one-time obtainables.  The soft resetting doesn't seem so bad when you don't have to reset hundreds of times to get something decent.
Updated with clarification and news that no, you cannot SR Urayne under any circumstances. Which kinda sucks because it's my favorite pokemon in the game.
Considering the fact that the only way to try to get other natures/IVs/etc. is to play through the entire goddamn game all over again? Hell yeah this should be a thing
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍
▓ I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist in a world of misery.  ▓
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍
(12-14-2019, 04:18 PM)TheTainted_Wisdom Wrote: Considering the fact that the only way to try to get other natures/IVs/etc. is to play through the entire goddamn game all over again? Hell yeah this should be a thing

There actually is a way to easily SR Urayne. You have to turn on Autosave and make it save the game right before Urayne's final lines of dialogue. You can get it down to like 30 seconds this way.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."