Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Guide] Tier list OU & UU
This is outdated. 
Follow Uranium Competitive collective [color=var(--text-link)]https://discord.gg/Peysqny  for up to date tier lists.[/color]

Tier lists have been used in competitive pokemon for a long time. They give Pokémon that are seen as weaker a chance to battle against others in the same strength category. 
Tier lists are however completely based off of how often a Pokémon is used in battle and not at all based on its actual stats/movepool/ability/etc.
The tiers and accompanying banlists i will be focusing on will be OU (Over Used), UBER (Banlist for OU), UU (Under Used), BL (Borderline, banlist for UU).
I have been gathering usage statistics in tournaments for a while now, and together with Aiden ShadeMonkey i have compiled a OU tierlist, everything not in OU will be UU  automatically.
As more tournaments will be played these lists will change and i will update this thread.

The spreadsheet used to calculate all of this can be found here.

Now on to the tiers!

Special mentions:
Furcoat, as well as using u-turn/volt switch in combination with stat boosting moves are currently banned in most upcoming tournaments because they are bugged.

UBERs:
There is currently nothing here.

OU:
Metalynx

Archilles

Electruxo

Gyarados

Feliger

Gliscor

Glavinug

S51-A

Paraboom

Inflagetah

Chimaconda

Coatlith

Theriamp

Syrentide

Jolteon

Nucleon

Alpico

Frosthra

Navighast

Kiricorn

Luxelong

Laissure

Yatagaryu

Beliaddon

Seikamater

Urayne-Beta

N-Pajay

BL:
There is currently nothing here.

UU:
Everything that is not in UBERs, OU or BL is in UU.

Special thanks to: Dusk, Aureon and Juani for hosting tournaments!
Well this is quite a lovely sight to see, especially since I've heard no hide nor hair of activity in the Comp Sections for quite some time! Bit surprised at not seeing either Lassiure , Gellin, Cocancer, and Tracton in OU, and Nucleon/Chainite/Urayne B/The rest of the Legendaries not quick banned to Ubers was a bit disconcerting given their own strengths, but tiers are based on usage and testing in the end, like you said. Hopefully with more tornies we'll see the OU list begin to fill out a bit more!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Thanks for the reply!

Laissure is 100% OU though and i just overlooked it while making this post. fixing that right away!
We've found that some glitches in the game could lead to unfair situations that shouldn't normally occur in battle. Therefore the following are banned from competitive play until officially fixed.

Fur Coat : Not only does the ability halve damage taken from physical attacks, but it also reduces the power of special hits as well.

Volt Switch and U-turn in conjunction with stat-boosting effects : both moves currently have the same effect as Baton Pass and relay stats modifications and other minor statuses like Leech Seed. The stat boosting effects that are banned on the same moveset as Volt Switch and U-turn include :
-Status moves like Swords Dance
-Secondary effects like the Attack raise of Meteor Mash
-Boosts granted from items like Salac Berry or abilities like Moxie and Speed Boost
Hmm... Just curious, but what makes dear Jolteon OU? It does have quite a nice Special Attack and Speed, but this can't be the only reason, can it...?
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Jolteon being OU is a direct consequence of its being played in tournaments, as usage stats are the only tool we used to make the tiers.
As for why it was used so much, as you said it hits a great speed tier, allowing it to outspeed key threats like Yatagaryu, both formes of Kiricorn and Harptera. Equipped with a Choice Specs or Life Orb it has the potential to perform a late-game sweep once Scarf and prioritiy users have been taken care of. Early game it can spam Volt Switch to inflict chip damage while retaining switch advantage.
Volt Absorb lets in come in safely on Yatagaryu's Thunder and on situational Thunder Waves.
There's that, and also the fact that people like to breed Eeveelutions ;)
(11-11-2017, 11:15 AM)shademonkey Wrote: Jolteon being OU is a direct consequence of its being played in tournaments, as usage stats are the only tool we used to make the tiers.
As for why it was used so much, as you said it hits a great speed tier, allowing it to outspeed key threats like Yatagaryu, both formes of Kiricorn and Harptera. Equipped with a Choice Specs or Life Orb it has the potential to perform a late-game sweep once Scarf and prioritiy users have been taken care of. Early game it can spam Volt Switch to inflict chip damage while retaining switch advantage.
Volt Absorb lets in come in safely on Yatagaryu's Thunder and on situational Thunder Waves.
There's that, and also the fact that people like to breed Eeveelutions ;)

Oh... Well, that makes sense, thank you!
I already own an good Jolteon see here---> http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthrea...1#pid10561 , but it doesn't have Volt Absorb Ability. ( ._.) Maybe I should breed+train an additional one when I'm feeling funny.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Breeding more pokemon is always a safe option when you don't know what to do ;)
Are we going to tier mega evolutions seperately or make them the tier of its base form by default?

Based on usage stats, Nucleon, Yatagaryu and Metalynx ( mega?) are S ranked for sure, which is no surprise. Genuinely surprised that Inflagetah isn’t higher than they are though, honestly it seems to be the biggest threat on paper with its absurd power and priority.
(11-12-2017, 01:53 AM)Cataclyptic Wrote: Based on usage stats, Nucleon, Yatagaryu and Metalynx ( mega?) are S ranked for sure, which is no surprise. Genuinely surprised that Inflagetah isn’t higher than they are though, honestly it seems to be the biggest threat on paper with its absurd power and priority.

That's the funny thing about usage based statistics, really.  Smogon's metagames are often like this at the start of every new generation/game release cuz everyone's trying out the new toys.  The stats should settle a bit to more of what we're expecting as more data is added to the pool and team preferences change based on bans and other changes to the tiers.