Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annual Check-In
It's been over a year since we last got a story update and as a youtuber I've been eagerly awaiting the continuation (or conclusion?) of Uranium's story. My video on the punks was released January 11 last year so it's been a while since I properly picked the game up (aside from getting the wonderful mystery gifts of course). While I know these things take time and for fan games it's a done when it's done type of deal but we've not heard anything on this front. The Angelure Town and sea monsters update is obviously highly anticipated so I would be interested to know the status of this, maybe an intermittent development blog kind of thing, just something that confirms and reassures that these things are actively in progress, some behind the screenshots maybe, drum up hype for the single player story's (potential) last hurrah.

-Just a patiently waiting fan who's been here since the beta.
Angelure is still very much in the early development stages, this is due to a variety of reasons, but mainly because we've been working on improving Uranium's Networking technology as the engine handles these requests very poorly. The goal is to improve connection stability and reduce in-game hangups.

It's also important to understand that while Uranium does have a dedicated team as well as an ensemble of community volunteers, we are in fact, the second team to pick up the project and there are a lot of puzzle pieces that need to come together to ensure that Angelure meets all of the quality assurance tests it deserves. At the moment, we have one single individual who works solely on coding the back end, but that's only one part of a very strenuous process. We still have Music, Map design, scripts, narrative and dialogue, flavor texts, item distribution, Character design along with several casted legendary Pokemon to release, each of which needs it's own introduction event, move-set, battle cry, Character sprites and we need to make this all flow naturally with both Angelures Narrative story and the Players own character progression. I know I'm missing a few things from this list, but the general idea is there.

Unfortunately, we don't have enough people on our team to spread this work onto multiple departments. So we have to tackle each and every part of this lengthy process individually.

We know that we have a lot of people eagerly waiting for Uranium's post-game content and I'd definitely be lying if I said that we don't have people on our team who are just as excited. Just know that we've been fortunate enough to have the people who can do the job properly and that we're constantly writing and re-writing our road map for a result we can all be happy with. Smile

TL;DR We're working, but there's alot to be done.

PS. Well! You said you wanted interim blog post! Though not in an official capacity, I hope this clears some things up.
Backup your saves, don't lose progress!
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium

Save Backups:
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium\Backups

OID: 000003 OT: Cody
That is what I asked for and you indeed delivered.

As I said I fully understand that it'll be done when it's done at the end of the day and I for one am grateful that this game has been so lovingly kept alive and just confirmation that the story is still being worked on is plenty to reassure me.
Angelure has been in a skeletal state for a LONG time. I managed to sneak into it back before Uranium's release (there was a way to surf there), and there were a few buildings but not much else.
"To the extent that authority depends on the ignorance of the governed, good writing will always be subversive."
Yeah I've seen the prerelease map, just waiting to be populated.

I have my own ideas for characterisation of the pirate queen, a former gym leader (as per the dialogue that states Angelure had a gym) who became Ahab-esque after repeated sea monster attacks. There's so much potential for her to be an exciting boss.
[Image: tumblr_llgp0j3Fmg1qg0jt9o1_500.jpg]

Obviously gives Navighast some spotlight and could also tie in to the player getting the Daikatunite as well.

I'm just happy knowing it hasn't been forgotten about.
Moved this to Suggestions since that's what it's become. Thanks for being polite with all your suggestions, Sparcely.
Current project:
http://fringehikers.com/
Tabletop RPG PokeRole: http://pokemonuranium.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=789
"I encourage Sceptile to branch out."
Manners cost nothing after all, if it werent for the team that adopted this wonderful game we wouldn't have what we have now and even be able to discuss upcoming additions.