Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Happy Chinese New Year! Mystery Gift details!
Nǐ hǎo everybody!

It's the year of the Dog and to celebrate the Chinese New Year, the team has cooked up a special surprise to help you get into the spirit of things! Starting today, Thursday February 15th We've packed a gorgeous new variant of everyones favorite lucky pokemon into a large box, wrapped it neatly and remembered to poke holes into it this time!  It's heading to your nearest Pokemart for you to pick up through the Mystery Gift menu and we're not even charging you for shipping!

As always, remember to RUN YOUR PATCHER (Patcher.exe in your Uranium Game folder) before you collect your gift, or you won't be able to see the truly stunning new artwork!

From all of us at Team Uranium, wishing you 新年快乐 Smile
Backup your saves, don't lose progress!
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium

Save Backups:
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium\Backups

OID: 000003 OT: Cody
Wow, that's a cool looking Luxi.  Part of me was hoping it would have Regenerator, but that HA not being fully released yet via a missable event makes sense too.

Hmmm...this puts me in a dilemma, though...do I raise the Calm Luxi I bred ages ago, or the one I just received from MG?  Hmmm...decisions, decisions...

And the question everyone might have is: can it also be shiny like some of the prior MGs? Hmmm...
I don't care whether it can be shiny or not as I already have a sweet shiny of this species (It'd be a good idea to put it into Spoiler or edit your post to not reveal to others what the Mystery Gift actually is, @Dragonstrike!~), but since most other Mystery Gifts were available as a shiny version if one has the patience and luck, why should this one be locked?

Oh, and this little one is practically the cutest thing ever. Amazing job on the sprite! <3 I began to love how Uranium is always having gifts for us.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(02-15-2018, 04:39 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: I don't care whether it can be shiny or not as I already have a sweet shiny of this species (It'd be a good idea to put it into Spoiler or edit your post to not reveal to others what the Mystery Gift actually is, @Dragonstrike!~), but since most other Mystery Gifts were available as a shiny version if one has the pateince and luck, why should this one be locked?

Cody practically gave it away already though.  Not many pokemon actually fit the description of 'everyone's favorite lucky pokemon' in Uranium.
So what? I thought it'd still be nice to not spoil it directly and right away, but if you don't want to edit, so be it then.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
Neat! What beauty Luxi!
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
Yet again, I'm amazed with the dev and artist team's efforts to craft these fantastically design Mystery Gift mons, though I'm more than a little disappoint that this one didn't receive its long awaited HA when the opportunity for it was right there.

I mean, I can understand the logic of not wanting to release it in a limited time event, but when will be the day come that it'll finally get it? For that matter, what about the rest of the HAs, Egg Moves, Online stability, and other stuff? This takes time, I know, but with abilities and moves all I thought would be necessary is just to code a few NPCs that can provide them.....

Then again, what do I know about development cycles and game design, so take my opinions with a grain of salt~
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(02-16-2018, 11:13 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Yet again, I'm amazed with the dev and artist team's efforts to craft these fantastically design Mystery Gift mons, though I'm more than a little disappoint that this one didn't receive its long awaited HA when the opportunity for it was right there.

I mean, I can understand the logic of not wanting to release it in a limited time event, but when will be the day come that it'll finally get it? For that matter, what about the rest of the HAs, Egg Moves, Online stability, and other stuff? This takes time, I know, but with abilities and moves all I thought would be necessary is just to code a few NPCs that can provide them.....

Then again, what do I know about development cycles and game design, so take my opinions with a grain of salt~

I can actually explain this!

The base 1.0 version of Uranium didn't actually feature Hidden Abilities, but were later added when the new team took the reigns, unfortunately, some of this process was rushed and so not every Pokemon's HA's are handled properly, Luxi just happened to be one of them. 

This should be addressed in the next large patch if all goes according to plan. Smile

The only HA Luxi currently in Uranium belongs to Samrux, though it says that it has Regenerate, it doesn't actually work.
Backup your saves, don't lose progress!
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium

Save Backups:
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium\Backups

OID: 000003 OT: Cody
(02-17-2018, 04:54 PM)CodySP Wrote: I can actually explain this!

The base 1.0 version of Uranium didn't actually feature Hidden Abilities, but were later added when the new team took the reigns, unfortunately, some of this process was rushed and so not every Pokemon's HA's are handled properly, Luxi just happened to be one of them. 

This should be addressed in the next large patch if all goes according to plan. Smile

The only HA Luxi currently in Uranium belongs to Samrux, though it says that it has Regenerate, it doesn't actually work.

Ah, so THAT's why it's not out yet...looking forward to when all that stuff is fixed and released, though!  Oughta be some big game changers for some pokemon!

Thanks for taking the time to explain it!
Oh... I'm certainly looking forward to see how the Pokemon that can't be encountered in the wild like Minicorn, the Starters etc. with a Hidden Ability will be distributed to us. Honestly, not sarcastically, curiosity strikes here!
--Windos is my OTP ❤---