Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A good counter for Electruxo-M?
Ok. so, I've played quite a bit of uranium now. And from the experience online there's this one pokémon that I usually get some trouble with.
The thing is, I manage to KO it, but usually at the cost of one of my pokes or more.

This pokémon is Electruxo-M.

I do know that both Metalynx and Nucleon can work, but Metalynx may not be able to deal with it efficiently without full HP and a safe switch-in.
Nucleon's problem is the speed. without a scarf Nucleon can't outspeed and can't swap into any of Elec's attacks. So without someone fainting it could be hard to get Nucleon in.

So! My question is:
Is there a pokémon that I completely missed right in front of my nose?
Do u know of a pokémon that can safely swap in on Electruxo-M and easily force it out if not KO-ing it?

Or is max sp.def Metalynx the saviour?
Huh Huh
Fafninter can take a couple of hit's from Electruxo, and deal it a pretty good amount of damage with earthquake.
A prankster Whimsicott can force it out also easily.
HA Escartress fucks him pretty good changing it's weather and hitting with ground atacks.
Kiricorn-M with earthquake can work too...
Metalynx is definitely the best counter to Electruxo-M. That being said, Max SpD Fafninter can safely switch into Electruxo-M, however you should care for Hydro Pump + Stealth Rock damage - that combination will hurt your Fafninter a lot. Sand Stream max-SpD Escartress will change the weather, which is already great, and, although not having a good base Special Defense, it can take some hits.

(10-24-2016, 04:15 PM)dante13 Wrote: Fafninter can take a couple of hit's from Electruxo, and deal it a pretty good amount of damage with earthquake.
A prankster Whimsicott can force it out also easily.
HA Escartress fucks him pretty good changing it's weather and hitting with ground atacks.
Kiricorn-M with earthquake can work too...

Whimsicott is a very situational switch, as Ice Beam will deal tons of damage to it. Whimsicott-M, on other hand, has enough bulk to take a Ice Beam, although losing Prankster. Kiricorn-M is OHKO'ed by Scald, so, you know...

Anyway, I believe that Metalynx and Fafninter, maybe Whimsicott-M, are the best Pokémons to use against Electruxo-M. If Electruxo-M is your biggest concern, then you should go for Metalynx, because Metalynx DESTROYS ELectruxo-M. And there's a lot more of reasons to pick it, it's a great Pokémon. If you want, I can send you a link to an analysis of mine where I talk about Metalynx.
Seems like it's Metalynx then. I really like that pokemon so I'd be happy to add one it to my team! Big Grin

I breezed through Whimsicott and I saw it's offensive pressure against Electruxo-M, but,
I didn't understand how prankster worked in its favor. Sunny day? leech seed?
Well, regardless it dosen't matter. I see the offensive threat and that's good enough.
But, I might be naïve, but can an energy ball/giga drain (giga drain is the most common one I think) OHKO Electroxo-M?

Anyways, thx a lot for all replies!
(10-25-2016, 12:52 AM)Nylon Wrote: Seems like it's Metalynx then. I really like that pokemon so I'd be happy to add one it to my team! Big Grin

I breezed through Whimsicott and I saw it's offensive pressure against Electruxo-M, but,
Well, regardless it dosen't matter. I see the offensive threat and that's good enough.
But, I might be naïve, but can an energy ball/giga drain (giga drain is the most common one I think) OHKO Electroxo-M?

Prankster whimsicott is moreso an annoyance than anything else.  Priority taunt, substitute, leech seed, tailwind, stun spore, grasswhistle...you'd be surprised how good a prankster pokemon with so many good non-damaging moves is (taunt, substitute, and the statuses are the really important ones).  Of course, Prankster Whimsicott isn't commonly used for much else, but it's not a super common pokemon either in main series competitive, as while it's annoying, it can struggle to pressure the enemy outside of those annoyances.  Same should hold for a non-mega Whimsicott in Uranium, really.
(10-25-2016, 06:41 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(10-25-2016, 12:52 AM)Nylon Wrote: Seems like it's Metalynx then. I really like that pokemon so I'd be happy to add one it to my team! Big Grin

Prankster whimsicott is moreso an annoyance than anything else.  Priority taunt, substitute, leech seed, tailwind, stun spore, grasswhistle...you'd be surprised how good a prankster pokemon with so many good non-damaging moves is (taunt, substitute, and the statuses are the really important ones).  Of course, Prankster Whimsicott isn't commonly used for much else, but it's not a super common pokemon either in main series competitive, as while it's annoying, it can struggle to pressure the enemy outside of those annoyances.  Same should hold for a non-mega Whimsicott in Uranium, really.
Yes.

What I meant was that I didn't understand how it helped it against Electruxo-M.
Thx nonetheless 4 the feedback tho!
There is another counter to M-Electruxo, but it may be more appropriate to call is a check, and that is Dunsereph. While not the strongest pokemon out their, it has access to incredible bulk to weather a hit and retialiate with Drill Run or Earthquake. While it can not easily status it (Curse you Electric Typing!), Yawn, Toxic, Taunt, and Swagger can quite easily force it to switch out, letting you set up for the opportunity.

Then their is its HA, Cloud Nine, which totally negates any and all weather effects. Send it out, change the weather and/or cripple/kill M-Electruxo, and bam, ruin their team set up (unless they have another weather user). It doesn't have the higest S.Def, though, and Thunder hits neutral against it, but with proper invest can survive a hit or 2 and do its job. Stealth rocks are a pain for it, though, so if they are out their, watch out!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(10-25-2016, 02:15 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: There is another counter to M-Electruxo, but it may be more appropriate to call is a check, and that is Dunsereph. While not the strongest pokemon out their, it has access to incredible bulk to weather a hit and retialiate with Drill Run or Earthquake. While it can not easily status it (Curse you Electric Typing!), Yawn, Toxic, Taunt, and Swagger can quite easily force it to switch out, letting you set up for the opportunity.

Then their is its HA, Cloud Nine, which totally negates any and all weather effects. Send it out, change the weather and/or cripple/kill M-Electruxo, and bam, ruin their team set up (unless they have another weather user). It doesn't have the higest S.Def, though, and Thunder hits neutral against it, but with proper invest can survive a hit or 2 and do its job. Stealth rocks are a pain for it, though, so if they are out their, watch out!

I actually thought about duns once, but I immedietly stopped when I remembered that Electruxo-M always (ok... 98% of the time) carries
ice beam...
Electruxo is also faster. but I did never get as far as to consider duns being able to KO Elec with a ground move.
I'm a bit pesimistic to duns working but thx 4 the idea, I didn't think about it myself! Smile
If you'e not afraid of Ice Beam, Cocancer is immune to electric, has STAB on both of M-Elec's weaknesses, and hits hard (especially after a shell smash).
(10-25-2016, 02:27 PM)Nylon Wrote: I actually thought about duns once, but I immedietly stopped when I remembered that Electruxo-M always (ok... 98% of the time) carries
ice beam...
Electruxo is also faster. but I did never get as far as to consider duns being able to KO Elec with a ground move.
I'm a bit pesimistic to duns working but thx 4 the idea, I didn't think about it myself! Smile

Opps. I knew I was forgetting something there.... still, it is an option to use to try and phase weather out, if you pair it with a Focus Sash (assuming no pesky Stealth Rock are out...).
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650