Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Forum Update] Novembers Forum Update
Howdy Uranium Fans,

It's been a tremendous Halloween month here at the Forum, we've seen more art, talked about the issues that are concerning you, have seen a slew of new introductions in their shiny new forum and even saw the re-introduction of the Tandor Casual League! Of course, with Fresh faces continuing to roll in, so too must a new forum update roll into the masses.

New Functions

This was a neat request that landed on my desk a lot. Why didn't the new Forum have an Avatar gallery like the old Forum did? Well, fortunately that's no longer the case. Can't decide on what Avatar you want to use? Maybe you don't have a picture that's exactly 100x100 pixels. Problem solved! You can pick any one of the 22 newly uploaded Avatars to use! More will be uploaded as time goes on. 

To get started, head into your UserCP, click on "Change Avatar" and select the "Uranirum" Gallery from the drop down menu.

Spoiler Code and the Spoiler Editor Button
Many of you have already noticed you now have the ability to do...
By typing out a neat little code. This is a Spoiler BBCode and you can use it to safely reveal spoilers without ruining the fun for other players, though at the time of it's release, it had to be manually added. 

Now you have the ability to use the spoiler BBCode at the press of a button, straight from the editor! Simply click the spoiler button on the right most side of the editor to add the spoiler tags to your post.
Code:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Profile Views
Another request I see quite often is the ability to count the amount of Profile views a person has. I took that idea and up the stakes a little bit. Now, not only will users be able to keep track of how many users have stopped by to visit, they can also look at the list that shows who specifically came to visit. (Note: There is protection against users refreshing the page on their profile to boost page visits, sorry but that won't work Tongue)

Minimizing Forum Categories
Tired of one section of the Forum taking up too much space? Do you want to focus attention of the part of the forum you use the most? You can do that now that users have the ability to minimize and restore Forum categories. At the moment the forum is only split between two Categories but leaves room for growth in the future. Click on the +/- symbol on the top right to give it a shot. 

Images in Posts
Increased the amount of images users can put into their posts from 10 to 24

Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue where Subtract/Addition icons were missing from the forum resulting in features being inaccessible 
Fixed an issue where certain information was not properly saved to the database.

And that's it! Here's hoping you all enjoy what's been added and keep the ideas coming for further growth. As always if you have questions, comments or concerns please reply to this thread or send me a pm!

Have fun!
~C
Backup your saves, don't lose progress!
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium

Save Backups:
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium\Backups

OID: 000003 OT: Cody
Cool, I can see exactly who's stalking me!
Oh... nothing mentioned yet about -spoiler incoming- 
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(11-01-2016, 03:37 AM)CodySP Wrote: ....

Images in Posts
Increased the amount of images users can put into their posts from 10 to 24

Oh joy, that should really help the rearranging of my Nuclear sprite thread! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Thanks for all the awesome work you've been putting into the forum, @CodySP! Heart

EDITED TO ADD: Also, love the new avatars! I'm happy with mine as is, but nice to see some default options. Can't wait to see some more added... like, you know, Nucleon for instance! Wink
Well, nice to see the forum to continue to grow. I hope that someday, years from now, this place will became a real mecca for all Uranium lover out there, filled with friendly people and good advice~! Thank you Cody~!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(11-02-2016, 04:53 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Well, nice to see the forum to continue to grow. I hope that someday, years from now, this place will became a real mecca for all Uranium lover out there, filled with friendly people and good advice~! Thank you Cody~!

That's the dream! Thanks Windos Big Grin
Backup your saves, don't lose progress!
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium

Save Backups:
C:\users\<Username>\Saved Games\Pokemon_Uranium\Backups

OID: 000003 OT: Cody