Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Mega Pokémon Discussion
#1
Hi everyone. Since the release of Pokémon X and Y, a new type of Pokémon system was introduce: The Mega Evolution, who transform a Pokémon in another and more stronger form. In will show one of the Pokemons i would to see reward with a Mega Evolution some day.

1°: Typlosion

[Image: BPhwtef.gif]  

One of the most favourite fire type starter from 2Gen. Typlosion its a powerfull pure fire type. His base stats it is:

HP: 78
Attack: 84
Defence: 78
Sp. Attack: 109
Sp. Defence: 85
Speed: 100

Ability: 
Blaze
Flash Fire (Hidden Ability)

As you can see, Typlosion have a decent Speed, and rather hight special attack. But in his move learn he have many physical moves over special moves, some with Fighting type. My idea of Mega Evolution would be a Fire/Steel. With this following stats:

[Image: asiL9iK.jpg]

Hp: 78
Attack: 84 -> 128 (+38)
Defence: 78 -> 98 (+20)
Sp. Attack: 109 -> 122 (+13)
Sp. Defence: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Speed: 100 -> 109 (+9)

Mega Ability:
Fur Coat: Halves the damage from physical moves

The reason why i choose Fire/Steel? Because its a rare type like no other Pokémon have, since the only one its Heatran, a legendary Pokémon. Is a rare typhing who would make Typlosion a powerful Sp. Attack, and a physical attacker. But in this typing come with some new weakness: Ground and Fight. This when its come the New creat Mega Ability, to make Typlosion resist a little against his mortal type enemies: He could survive a Earthquake or a terrible Cross Chop, and counter attack with a Low Kick, Focus Blast or Solarbeam. But its just my idea. 

What you guys think about this Mega Typlosion? What others Mega you would like to see? Tell in the comments bellow. Credits to Morshu to inform me about the distribuition in Mega Evolution.
Beating ghosts with Heart!
Melting Primals with Kogeki!
Reply
#2
Which mega-evelution I'd like to see?

...

This goes without saying...
MEGA MAGIKARP FOR THE WIN!!
And the ability shall be: Magikarp And Friends!

[Image: pbr5fpy7dmtelokhbq6c3ij2vqwbvuy5_hq.jpg]


...


But, I would like to see mega Dragonite and mega luxray


[Image: pokedex_149___dragonite_fr_by_pokemon_fr.jpg][Image: mega_luxray__by_dragonitesenpai-d994cbt.png]
Yeah!
[Insert wise and beautiful poem/saying here]
-ThatWiseGuy
Reply
#3
(11-21-2016, 12:16 PM)Nylon Wrote: Which mega-evelution I'd like to see?

...

This goes without saying...

MEGA MAGIKARP FOR THE WIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!
And the ability shall be: Magikarp And Friends!

[Image: pbr5fpy7dmtelokhbq6c3ij2vqwbvuy5_hq.jpg]




...
ok sry.

But, I would like to see mega Dragonite and mega luxray


[Image: pokedex_149___dragonite_fr_by_pokemon_fr.jpg][Image: mega_luxray__by_dragonitesenpai-d994cbt.png]
Yeah!

The Magikarp part was funny XD someone please make a fanart with Magikarp XD

Now sry, Mega Dragonite and Mega Luxray would incredible. My dream is GameFreak one day make a Mega Dragonite. And i love that fanart with a possible Mega Luxray! It looks more feral and menace like a lion (i know he is a lince). Since he is a Eletric type, a Eletric/Dark type would fit very well.
Beating ghosts with Heart!
Melting Primals with Kogeki!
Reply
#4
I hate to be that guy, but in the case of all introduced mega's, there were two certain ground rules for all of them. And your Mega Typhlosion...well, it kinda broke both of them. First rule of mega evolution is that each and every mega evolved Pokémon gains a boost of 100 in their base stat total (except for Mega Alakazam who only got 90 for some strange reason). The second is that the HP stat may not be altered. Ever. That's most likely because the game wouldn't be able to read sudden changes in HP in mid-battle.

That being said, that Typhlosion looks like some raw power nonetheless. With 109 Speed, it's able to go decently fast, faster than a lot of other things at least, plus it gets the powerful move Eruption. Steel Soul sounds like a renamed Fur Coat, which is really powerful as well. This makes Typhlosion still vulnerable to moves like Scald, but Earthquake will do much less. Though still a decent chunk. Mega Typhlosion also has no trouble switching into Knock Off this way.

Anyway, as for two mega's I've created back in the day. Neither are made to be top-tier, but let's see.

[Image: watchog.gif]
 
Mega Watchog
 
Type: Normal/Psychic
Ability: Compound Eyes
HP: 60
Attack: 85 -> 132 (+47)
Defense: 69
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 69
Speed: 77 -> 130 (+53)
 
Did I really only boost Watchog in Attack and Speed? Why yes, yes I did. 130 Speed makes it nearly as fast as Mega Lopunny and Mega Manectric, of which we all know they are lightning-fast. 132 Attack also makes for a stat nearly as high as Mega Lopunny's. So is this Watchog just a cheap rip-off from what Mega Lopunny can? And why part Psychic, in a metagame where everything carries Knock Off and Sucker Punch?
 
First let's take a look at the ability. Compound Eyes is a move mostly used for Bug-type Pokémon, but look at its eyes and tell me that Watchog can't have Compound Eyes. The chances of Iron Tail hitting are a lot higher now (I can't be bothered to calculate it), and Gunk Shot, Aqua Tail and STAB Zen Headbutt will always hit. But that's not really the main reason for the ability. The main reason is Hypnosis, which now has 78% accuracy, making Mega Watchog one of the fastest sleep inducers in the whole game. It's still not 100% reliable, but hey. It's still better than Sleep Powder. Also, thanks to Hypnosis, Mega Watchog can annoy the Sucker Punch users, while not being weak to Mach Punch anymore.
 
Of course Watchog isn't made to be top-tier or something. I mean, it's Watchog. There's only so much you can do for this thing. Its bulk is still so low that it would probably die quickly to any attack as soon as its opponent wakes up. But hey, we tried.

[Image: lumineon-female.gif]

 
Mega Lumineon
 
Type: Water/Flying
Ability: Serene Grace
HP: 69
Attack: 69 -> 94 (+25)
Defense: 76 -> 86 (+10)
Special Attack: 69 -> 94 (+25)
Special Defense: 86 -> 106 (+20)
Speed: 91 -> 111 (+20)
 
One of my custom mega's I am the fondest of. This Mega Lumineon is built to troll. And I literally mean troll, as in Scald now has a 60% chance to burn your opponent. Not only that, but Lumineon has quite the movepool to abuse Serene Grace. Psybeam and Signal Beam with 20% chance to confuse. Silver Wind and Ominous Wind can boost all your stats, and have a chance of 20% of doing so. Ice Beam has 20% chance to freeze. Last but not least, Nature Power turns into Tri Attack in competitive, and has a chance of 40% of freezing, burning or paralyzing your opponent. But except for Scald and Ice Beam, none of these moves really excel.
 
That's why Mega Lumineon also received Attack investment, as well as the new Flying-type. Yes, Flying is not only to negate the Grass weakness. You see, Mega Lumineon also has a funny physical movepool as well. First off, of course Waterfall. Waterfall has solid power, plus now a 40% chance to make your opponent flinch. Next up, Bounce. Bounce now gets STAB, plus it has a 30% chance to paralyze...before Serene Grace. So actually 60%. And last but not least, Lumineon can use U-turn as well, to get out of the battle if it becomes too dangerous for it.
 
Mega Lumineon's stats still aren't the best. It would be a lot better if only it got a move like Roost, but sadly, Gamefreak didn't permit that. Its attacking stats aren't stellar, and neither is its bulk. However, it is able to troll quite a few Pokémon. Most notable checks to poor Lumineon are Electric-types. If you use Bounce and your opponent switches into a slow Electric-type Pokémon, you're in a world of pain.
 
Long story short. Mega Lumineon isn't top-tier either, but it can work.

Also, might I suggest changing the title of the topic to something like 'Create Your Own Mega Pokémon' instead? The topic implies that this is solely about Mega Typhlosion while we are allowed to put up our own mega's and discuss them as well.
Reply
#5
(11-21-2016, 01:18 PM)Morshu Wrote: Anyway, as for two mega's I've created back in the day. Neither are made to be top-tier, but let's see.

Those were pretty nice!

If I were to make a mega for Luxray I think it would be like this:
  [Image: 26f7b938e8699c90ae6871cff753ee16-d7o3egm.png]

Type: Electric/Dark

The ability would preferably be "Seperiour Aura" which lowers sp.atk just like intimidate, but for sp.atk.
But since people wouldn't like if I just gave everyone a new ability I'll go with Stake Out (the eyes...) or Galvanize (it learns quick attack).

So, ability: Galvanize or Stake Out

And the stats will en up like this:
HP:        80
atk:        144   (120+24)
def:       99      (79+20)
sp.atk:   95
sp.def:   99      (79+20)
spe:       106    (70+36)

The only sad thing is that lux dosen't get pursuit...
[Insert wise and beautiful poem/saying here]
-ThatWiseGuy
Reply
#6
(11-21-2016, 01:18 PM)Morshu Wrote: I hate to be that guy, but in the case of all introduced mega's, there were two certain ground rules for all of them. And your Mega Typhlosion...well, it kinda broke both of them. First rule of mega evolution is that each and every mega evolved Pokémon gains a boost of 100 in their base stat total (except for Mega Alakazam who only got 90 for some strange reason). The second is that the HP stat may not be altered. Ever. That's most likely because the game wouldn't be able to read sudden changes in HP in mid-battle.

That being said, that Typhlosion looks like some raw power nonetheless. With 109 Speed, it's able to go decently fast, faster than a lot of other things at least, plus it gets the powerful move Eruption. Steel Soul sounds like a renamed Fur Coat, which is really powerful as well. This makes Typhlosion still vulnerable to moves like Scald, but Earthquake will do much less. Though still a decent chunk. Mega Typhlosion also has no trouble switching into Knock Off this way.

Anyway, as for two mega's I've created back in the day. Neither are made to be top-tier, but let's see.

[Image: watchog.gif]
 
Mega Watchog
 
Type: Normal/Psychic
Ability: Compound Eyes
HP: 60
Attack: 85 -> 132 (+47)
Defense: 69
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 69
Speed: 77 -> 130 (+53)
 
Did I really only boost Watchog in Attack and Speed? Why yes, yes I did. 130 Speed makes it nearly as fast as Mega Lopunny and Mega Manectric, of which we all know they are lightning-fast. 132 Attack also makes for a stat nearly as high as Mega Lopunny's. So is this Watchog just a cheap rip-off from what Mega Lopunny can? And why part Psychic, in a metagame where everything carries Knock Off and Sucker Punch?
 
First let's take a look at the ability. Compound Eyes is a move mostly used for Bug-type Pokémon, but look at its eyes and tell me that Watchog can't have Compound Eyes. The chances of Iron Tail hitting are a lot higher now (I can't be bothered to calculate it), and Gunk Shot, Aqua Tail and STAB Zen Headbutt will always hit. But that's not really the main reason for the ability. The main reason is Hypnosis, which now has 78% accuracy, making Mega Watchog one of the fastest sleep inducers in the whole game. It's still not 100% reliable, but hey. It's still better than Sleep Powder. Also, thanks to Hypnosis, Mega Watchog can annoy the Sucker Punch users, while not being weak to Mach Punch anymore.
 
Of course Watchog isn't made to be top-tier or something. I mean, it's Watchog. There's only so much you can do for this thing. Its bulk is still so low that it would probably die quickly to any attack as soon as its opponent wakes up. But hey, we tried.

[Image: lumineon-female.gif]

 
Mega Lumineon
 
Type: Water/Flying
Ability: Serene Grace
HP: 69
Attack: 69 -> 94 (+25)
Defense: 76 -> 86 (+10)
Special Attack: 69 -> 94 (+25)
Special Defense: 86 -> 106 (+20)
Speed: 91 -> 111 (+20)
 
One of my custom mega's I am the fondest of. This Mega Lumineon is built to troll. And I literally mean troll, as in Scald now has a 60% chance to burn your opponent. Not only that, but Lumineon has quite the movepool to abuse Serene Grace. Psybeam and Signal Beam with 20% chance to confuse. Silver Wind and Ominous Wind can boost all your stats, and have a chance of 20% of doing so. Ice Beam has 20% chance to freeze. Last but not least, Nature Power turns into Tri Attack in competitive, and has a chance of 40% of freezing, burning or paralyzing your opponent. But except for Scald and Ice Beam, none of these moves really excel.
 
That's why Mega Lumineon also received Attack investment, as well as the new Flying-type. Yes, Flying is not only to negate the Grass weakness. You see, Mega Lumineon also has a funny physical movepool as well. First off, of course Waterfall. Waterfall has solid power, plus now a 40% chance to make your opponent flinch. Next up, Bounce. Bounce now gets STAB, plus it has a 30% chance to paralyze...before Serene Grace. So actually 60%. And last but not least, Lumineon can use U-turn as well, to get out of the battle if it becomes too dangerous for it.
 
Mega Lumineon's stats still aren't the best. It would be a lot better if only it got a move like Roost, but sadly, Gamefreak didn't permit that. Its attacking stats aren't stellar, and neither is its bulk. However, it is able to troll quite a few Pokémon. Most notable checks to poor Lumineon are Electric-types. If you use Bounce and your opponent switches into a slow Electric-type Pokémon, you're in a world of pain.
 
Long story short. Mega Lumineon isn't top-tier either, but it can work.

Also, might I suggest changing the title of the topic to something like 'Create Your Own Mega Pokémon' instead? The topic implies that this is solely about Mega Typhlosion while we are allowed to put up our own mega's and discuss them as well.
Such amazing Mega Pokemons! This two Pokemons sometimes its the forgoten ones, but with this two Mega Evolutions, this became more useful and versaties pokemons. And such interesting stats. And thank you for inform me about the division of stats in mega evolution, you save me from get Phantom to tear me limb from limb ^^''. And great idea of Mega Pokemons man and division of abilities.
(11-21-2016, 02:36 PM)Nylon Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 01:18 PM)Morshu Wrote: Anyway, as for two mega's I've created back in the day. Neither are made to be top-tier, but let's see.

Those were pretty nice!

If I were to make a mega for Luxray I think it would be like this:
[Image: tumblr_mz01y2F2FL1scncwdo1_500.gif]------------------>     [Image: 26f7b938e8699c90ae6871cff753ee16-d7o3egm.png]

Type: Electric/Dark

The abilty would be preferably be "Seperiour Aura" which lowers sp.atk just like intimidate, but for sp.atk.
But since people wouldn't like if I just gave everyone a new ability I'll go with Stake Out (the eyes...) or Galvanize (it learns quick attack).

So, ability: Galvanize or Stake Out

And the stats will en up like this:
HP:        80
atk:        144   (120+24)
def:       99      (79+20)
sp.atk:   95
sp.def:   99      (79+20)
spe:       106    (70+36)

The only sad thing is that lux dosen't get pusuit...

I really cool. This division of stats and Typing it fits well in a Mega Luxray, and the three Mega Ability really great interesting. A Ability to lower Sp. Attack would make the Diference against Sp. Attackers, a ability to cause double damage against pokemon who swich and enter the would OP, and something to transform and Normal-type move in a Eletric move (Giga Impact...) its almost overkill, and such desigh. I definitive use in battle.
Beating ghosts with Heart!
Melting Primals with Kogeki!
Reply
#7
(11-21-2016, 04:03 PM)Spiritmom Wrote: I really cool. This division of stats and Typing it fits well in a Mega Luxray, and the three Mega Ability really great interesting. A Ability to lower Sp. Attack would make the Diference against Sp. Attackers, a ability to cause double damage against pokemon who swich and enter the would OP, and something to transform and Normal-type move in a Eletric move (Giga Impact...) its almost overkill, and such desigh. I definitive use in battle.

Ikr! it's so awesome! I wish Luxray could get a mega!   Big Grin Exclamation Big Grin Exclamation Big Grin Exclamation Big Grin
And even though it nearly seems a bit like there will be next to no more mega-evelution due to z-moves,
I think Luxray-M will be added in the Diamond and Pearl remakes. It would make sense... (is it sence or sense?) Shy
[Insert wise and beautiful poem/saying here]
-ThatWiseGuy
Reply
#8
(11-21-2016, 04:17 PM)Nylon Wrote: (...)
And even though it nearly seems a bit like there will be next to no more mega-evelution due to z-moves,
I think Luxray-M will be added in the Diamond and Pearl remakes. It would make sense... (is it sence or sense?) Shy

Someone called for a spelling-question? (It's "sense". ^-^ )
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it"
- Gerard Way

[Image: tumblr_ojj74xpbFJ1vh0d58o1_540.png]
Reply
#9
(11-21-2016, 04:27 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 04:17 PM)Nylon Wrote: (...)
And even though it nearly seems a bit like there will be next to no more mega-evelution due to z-moves,
I think Luxray-M will be added in the Diamond and Pearl remakes. It would make sense... (is it sence or sense?) Shy

Someone called for a spelling-question? (It's "sense". ^-^ )

Ok, thx! That makes sense I guess... Big Grin
[Insert wise and beautiful poem/saying here]
-ThatWiseGuy
Reply
#10
(11-21-2016, 04:31 PM)Nylon Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 04:27 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 04:17 PM)Nylon Wrote: (...)
And even though it nearly seems a bit like there will be next to no more mega-evelution due to z-moves,
I think Luxray-M will be added in the Diamond and Pearl remakes. It would make sense... (is it sence or sense?) Shy

Someone called for a spelling-question? (It's "sense". ^-^ )

Ok, thx! That makes sense I guess... Big Grin
(One part of my mind is still in the jokes thread)

The joke thread its contagious everyone XD And Phantom, taking the opportunity, do you have a Mega you would like to see?
Beating ghosts with Heart!
Melting Primals with Kogeki!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)