Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Fan Art] Random Semi-Minimalist "Poster Art" (SPOILERS)
Photo 
Sooo... I'm not sure really how else to describe these, other than very simplistic kinds of "poster" designs.

In other words, I can't draw worth a squat but I can recolor sprites (see: my Nuclear Sprite thread that I still need to organize better).  Or I can throw some sprites around on a black screen and add text to make something that might pass as art... or it might be total crap.  You decide.  Angel

This one is based off a random anonymous quote I saw online, and pretty much sums up how I see my character in this game.  I'm putting it behind a spoiler tag even though it's not "technically" spoilers since... well, you should probably at least be past Omicron before expanding it.  Zeta might be better, but I actually made this before conquering it, so....

The next two are based on the song "I Hate U I Love U" by Gnash / Olivia O'Brien...

EDIT Dec 18, 2016: Well, I see that the video I originally linked no longer exists on YouTube, so.... here's the original music video and the lyrics from AZLyrics.  I had originally referenced the "radio edit" version of the song, since this was an instance that the cussing seemed to take away from the feel of it a little.

Not all of the lyrics fit, obviously. Rolleyes

For the first one based on "I Hate U I Love U"... every time I hear this song (ever since I first heard it on the radio a few months ago), I just think about how the protagonist (at least in my head) has this love/hate relationship with Kellyn ("I hate you -- you left me behind and don't seem to care about me" vs "I love you regardless because you're still my dad")... while meanwhile Kellyn is just so distraught and grief-stricken over losing Lucille -- even after all these years -- that he doesn't even notice... all he can see is the ghost of her memory constantly haunting him. Sad

[Image: attachment.php?aid=176]    

The second one dives further into another part of the song, and this is DEFINITELY SPOILER ALERT - DO NOT EXPAND OR OPEN UNTIL YOU HAVE FINISHED THE GAME ENTIRELY AND RETURNED TO MOKI TOWN!

How touching and saddening, at the same time (This is one of the reasons I dislike Kellyn as a character; Parentail abandonment is NEVER OK!). I would love to more of this type of artstyle, especially if it involves the Big Bad of the game~

Oh, and please make more N-mons. CURIE- I mean, your fans are getting impatient for some new content. Heheheehe....
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(12-11-2016, 07:15 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: How touching and saddening, at the same time (This is one of the reasons I dislike Kellyn as a character; Parentail abandonment is NEVER OK!). I would love to more of this type of artstyle, especially if it involves the Big Bad of the game~

Oh, and please make more N-mons. CURIE- I mean, your fans are getting impatient for some new content. Heheheehe....

Heh, yeah... seeing Kellyn go from the awesome Ranger Cadet that he was in "Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia" (highly recommended game, BTW) to this broken man who is so obsessed with his grief that he can't even be the father he should be is... painful.  I can see both sides of the coin here (I tend to do that a lot -- it's both blessing and curse, but it comes in handy writing fic)... I can empathize with how that level of grief can completely change a person and that it was so soul-shattering that his only coping mechanism is to avoid it entirely, but at the same time... I can't get over how he would just abandon his kid like that, especially since that child is all he has left of Lucille.  But those are theories and headcanons for another time, and to be most likely incorporated into fic in the near future.

I do have another song in mind that I can pull some lyrics from for another one of these, but that one is a big freaking SPOILER ALERT as well. Wink

As for the Nuclear 'mon sprites, I have a few more waiting in the wings, but I'm stuck on stories and movesets.  To me, those are just as important as the sprites themselves.  Plus, I still need to put that thread in some semblance of order, especially now that the number of image allowable in a single post has increased.  #Procrastination
(*_*) These remind me of everything I love visually about the Uranium Subreddit
[Image: 200.gif]

Online ID - 235739 - Remy
(12-12-2016, 12:58 AM)Blue Wrote: (*_*) These remind me of everything I love visually about the Uranium Subreddit

Thanks!  I haven't check out the Subreddit in a while... I probably should now and see what's new on there.