Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest
Hello everyone Big Grin well, since no one ask about that (from what I search), I was thinking about add the Contest system in Uranium. The idea came when I was reading the Roleplay between Phantom and Lord Windos about Contest in the Roleplay, then it bring to me: "Hmm a Contest would be not a bad idea". And since there are breeders and people who like make collection with shiny, a Contest system would be something interesting. Wha you guys think? Say in comments bellow.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
Uhm, where did Windos and me involved a "contest" into the RP?

Also, more details, please. I wouldn't enjoy seeing sort of contest about breeding though, since I personally do it for the fun and sake of breeding itself, and collective reasons, and I'm certainly not alone with that attitude. Which brings me to the next point, seeking theone with the "best" collection of Pokemon in Uranium woild be pretty weird, since personal preferences as well luck-based caughts and breeds play a big role in it. One person would love their very own assortment of collected Pokemon, while someone else would see theirs as complete trash. That's normal and fine, but definately no good base for any competition.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
Well it was that part about the trainer going to one contest to show história shiny Espeon after that project about shiny research (now that i think of it you and Windos just mentioned, not talk. I should be more specifiq, sorry about that). When i say contest, its just that contest who happen in the main game series, about Pokémon more cooler, more beautiful, etc. I play in some that contests in Emerald, and see some gameplays in YouTube and well, i just think it would something cool to see implement in Pokémon Uranium. Sorry about the confusion Phantom^^"
There is a problem with adding any contest to Uranium, and it can be summarized in two words: Messy Code. We already know they have a hard enough time fixing things up in the base game, and adding all the content that was left out, but adding whole new additions like this? Right now, that is kinda outside the realm of possibility. And I don't think we can have a real breeder's contest on the forums, due to the matter of subjective taste and preference. Sorry to be a buzz kill, but those are my two cents.
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
I'm sure you could find a contest script on relic castle, but would it really benefit the game? Dunno, I was never into them.
Maybe it would be possible to host the contest on the forum instead based on some other criteria. After all, the Tandor Casual League mimics the gym structure - would it be possible to mimic the Contest structure in some way?

What if people created VTs with very specific rules, like you have to use all pink Pokemon, or all Cool moves, or something? I'm just throwing ideas out there.
I like those ideas, but then comes the problems of what moves will be classified as cool, smart, beautiful etc., and the VTs idea sounds a bit too restricting for the automated, mostly private format. A contest, after all, is about displaying Pokémon to an audience and judges.

How would we get both for an forum event is a question that has to be answered, before any contest can even be planned...
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(12-21-2016, 04:03 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: There is a problem with adding any contest to Uranium, and it can be summarized in two words: Messy Code. We already know they have a hard enough time fixing things up in the base game, and adding all the content that was left out, but adding whole new additions like this? Right now, that is kinda outside the realm of possibility. And I don't think we can have a real breeder's contest on the forums, due to the matter of subjective taste and preference. Sorry to be a buzz kill, but those are my two cents.

(12-21-2016, 11:03 PM)Iron Wrote: I'm sure you could find a contest script on relic castle, but would it really benefit the game? Dunno, I was never into them.
Maybe it would be possible to host the contest on the forum instead based on some other criteria. After all, the Tandor Casual League mimics the gym structure - would it be possible to mimic the Contest structure in some way?

What if people created VTs with very specific rules, like you have to use all pink Pokemon, or all Cool moves, or something? I'm just throwing ideas out there.

(12-22-2016, 07:43 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: I like those ideas, but then comes the problems of what moves will be classified as cool, smart, beautiful etc., and the VTs idea sounds a bit too restricting for the automated, mostly private format. A contest, after all, is about displaying Pokémon to an audience and judges.

How would we get both for an forum event is a question that has to be answered, before any contest can even be planned...

Well i have imagined that. It would be really cool to see Contest, but i know thats impossible. Its already complicated to fix the actual bugs we have. Add something big like would cause to much damage to the code of the game.

Also it would be dificult to make a "real" Contest. Like Windos say, it would be very restricting about that. For now, we can only dream.
I hated the contests in Ruby. Yes they can be an interesting challenge, but they don't contribute anything to the core gameplay.
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍
▓ I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist in a world of misery.  ▓
֎▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬֍