Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution of the Nuclear Type
The Nuclear type is like the Shadow type of Colosseum but in-universe it's unstable and few Pokemon are shown to be stable so what if the type stabilised and became incorporated in the ecosystem the way Steel, Dark and Fairy types appeared and integrated. Here's a fun theory of what could happen if that were so.

Nuclear type match-ups. Now stabilised, weaknesses and resistances balance a bit better.

Immune to: None
Resists: Fire, Water, Nuclear, Grass
Weak to: Normal, Bug

Strong Against: Water, Ground, Grass, Flying
Weak Against: Normal, Nuclear, Psychic
Ineffective Against: Bug

Pokemon type changes. As with the previous new types some Pokemon become or develop the Nuclear typing.

New pure Nuclear types:
Grimer/Muk
Koffing/Weezing

New half Nuclear types:
Trubbish/Garbodor - Poison/Nuclear
Porygon-Z - Normal/Nuclear (the corruption of the Dubious Disc contains Nuclear type artificial DNA coding)
Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus - Psychic/Nuclear (cells and stuff)
Octillery - Water/Nuclear (explaining the rapid mutation in its evolution)

New Nuclear type forms:
Castform - Radstorm form

New Nuclear type evolutions
Electric/Nuclear evolution for Electrode
Nuclear type evolution for Castform if evolved when in its Radstorm form (like a weather Burmy)

New Nuclear type mega evolutions
Fire/Nuclear Mega Magmortar (cannons, explosions, excitement)
Steel/Nuclear Mega Klinklang (it's gears so a part of a machine, what if in mega it becomes the machine and is a reactor like thing)
Psychic/Nuclear Mega Deoxys (because it's a mutated virus it fits)
That would be great but some of the Pokemon you mentioned is not in the game.
I don't believe Nuclear type could ever be integrated in a regular ecosystem. They emit radiation so if any, they would contaminate everything. Moreover, I don't really understand some of the strength/weaknesses you gave. For example, being weak to bug and normal makes no sense for a Nuclear Pokemon, it would actually be the other way around. In addition, you said nothing about the Steel type, yet Steel is a very radiation resistant material
However, I do like some of the Nuclear evolutions you mentioned. Some of them are rather weird, but others, such as Grimer/Muk, makes sense.
[Image: spiderdance_by_weegygreen2-d9ciry1.gif]
(09-24-2016, 09:44 PM)Starwolf39YT Wrote: That would be great but some of the Pokemon you mentioned is not in the game.

It wasnt meant as like a suggestion for Uranium just speculation for how Nuclear could be integrated as a "real" type.

(09-25-2016, 10:15 AM)Kuribat Wrote: I don't believe Nuclear type could ever be integrated in a regular ecosystem. They emit radiation so if any, they would contaminate everything. Moreover, I don't really understand some of the strength/weaknesses you gave. For example, being weak to bug and normal makes no sense for a Nuclear Pokemon, it would actually be the other way around. In addition, you said nothing about the Steel type, yet Steel is a very radiation resistant material
However, I do like some of the Nuclear evolutions you mentioned. Some of them are rather weird, but others, such as Grimer/Muk, makes sense.

But maybe they wouldnt contaminate everything after their DNA stabilised? Like how fire types with open flames on their bodies dont set everything around them on fire?

Bug needs a buff imo so I doubled down on them by adding strength to their resistance. Normal type as a reference to their earlier weakness to everything, also I'm bias and love Normal types. I didnt mention Steel because Steel resists too much and a potent enough acid can melt it and steel isnt quite immune to the effects of an atomic bomb. It's a stretch but I was trying to find some balance.

It's not as easy type to normalise but I found the concept fun so just let my creativity run with it.
Sparcely Dun Wrote:But maybe they wouldnt contaminate everything after their DNA stabilised? Like how fire types with open flames on their bodies dont set everything around them on fire?
It isn't the same thing as Nuclear type is a result of an unnatural mutation, and probably dangerous for the health of contamined Pokémons, but I see your point.

Sparcely Dun Wrote:Bug needs a buff imo so I doubled down on them by adding strength to their resistance. Normal type as a reference to their earlier weakness to everything, also I'm bias and love Normal types. I didnt mention Steel because Steel resists too much and a potent enough acid can melt it and steel isnt quite immune to the effects of an atomic bomb. It's a stretch but I was trying to find some balance.
I see what you mean but you cannot simply put weaknesses and resistances because of balancing reasons, there need to be a logical link. I can see the Bug one now that I think of it because of cockroaches, but Normal Type ? I don't think it would work. As for Steel, we are talking about radiations here, not acid. And radiation has way less effect on minerals than it does on biological materials. Besides it wouldn't be logical that if the type become less potent, it becomes more powerful against a type it didn't affect before.

Anyhow your idea isn't bad at all, in fact I like it. But clearly it would need to be thought very deeply to make sure there is not too much inconsistencies.
(09-25-2016, 03:29 PM)Kuribat Wrote: Besides it wouldn't be logical that if the type become less potent, it becomes more powerful against a type it didn't affect before.

You're right about the gaps in logic, especially the Normal type thing (although you could argue 'normal' as the opposite of mutated from radiation? But that's a stretch) but Steel used to resist Dark up until gen 6 so it wouldn't be the first time.
(09-25-2016, 03:39 PM)Sparcely Dun Wrote: You're right about the gaps in logic, especially the Normal type thing (although you could argue 'normal' as the opposite of mutated from radiation? But that's a stretch) but Steel used to resist Dark up until gen 6 so it wouldn't be the first time.
Indeed, but the logic behind Darkness being weak to Steel seems less obvious to me than with Nuclear. But nothing is written in stone, I guess.
(09-25-2016, 04:00 PM)Kuribat Wrote: But nothing is written in stone, I guess.

True, I mean nothing's likely to come of these ideas just a bit of fun.

I had considered making Voltorb and Electrode Nuclear as well to mirror how the magnets are dual types but then there'd need to be a new evolution method to make them 3-stage so I thought it would be easier to tie in its evolution with a new secondary type.
New pure Nuclear types:
Grimer/Muk
Koffing/Weezing

New half Nuclear types:
Trubbish/Garbodor - Poison/Nuclear
Porygon-Z - Normal/Nuclear (the corruption of the Dubious Disc contains Nuclear type artificial DNA coding)
Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus - Psychic/Nuclear (cells and stuff)
Octillery - Water/Nuclear (explaining the rapid mutation in its evolution)

New Nuclear type forms:
Castform - Radstorm form

New Nuclear type evolutions
Electric/Nuclear evolution for Electrode
Nuclear type evolution for Castform if evolved when in its Radstorm form (like a weather Burmy)

New Nuclear type mega evolutions
Fire/Nuclear Mega Magmortar (cannons, explosions, excitement)
Steel/Nuclear Mega Klinklang (it's gears so a part of a machine, what if in mega it becomes the machine and is a reactor like thing)
Psychic/Nuclear Mega Deoxys (because it's a mutated virus it fits)

Those are some really cool ideas. If you let me id love to put them in my game
@Radium If you want to go for it.

I mean for a little context when I envisioned a castform evo I'd have thought of a form for each weather: water for rain, fire for sun, ice for hail, rock for sandstorm, ghost for fog and nuclear for radstorm so Castform would have those second three forms too. I was thinking of the name Avacast.

Electrode's evo would be like the nuclear ball logo at the top of page with three small light blue eyes and I thought the name Atomb was fun.

But yeah I cant sprite or make games so if you want to use the ideas you have my blessing.