Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offer to help out with the development team
Hello, I am Era, currently a freelance Game Designer and Game Illustrator. 

I graduated from a Game Design course just this year in April, and am planning to further my studies in aspects of game design and illustration in the future.

I specialize in, of course, game design, and 2D illustrations. I have experience working with bitmap sprites, though I wouldn't say it's personally my best aspect. 

I have preivously breifly toyed with working on a rom hack, including designing fakemon myself, and modifying the rom (Heart Gold) with pre-existing Pokemon Tools. However, I had to drop it due to a lack of interest in assistance and the huge scale of the project to finish on my own.

My other skills include 3D modelling, rigging and animating, video editing and compiling using Adobe Premier Pro, AfterEffects and Media Encoder, traditional freehand drawing, basic computer programming in C++. I am also fluent in Japanese, having worked as a J-E translator, and currently lives in Japan.

I have recently gotten interested in Pokemon Uranium through an impulse to try Pokemon fan-made rom hacks. I am only a casual Pokemon player, and the last game I have preivously owned was Pokemon Sapphire (not the remake) so I'm not that familiar with new Pokemon mechanics such as competitive battling or Pokemon Effects and Mega Evolutions, et cetera. 

However, during my run I have played through the reknown hacks of Pokemon Altair, Vega and Procyon, rom hacks known for their high quality in development. I was saddened that Pokemon Procyon was left never completed in 2012, and again felt it was unfortunate that Pokemon Uranium, my current endeavour, would not be continued by its original developers. However, I am happy to find this site and learn that others would be picking up on Pokemon Uranium, and would like to offer my aid in its development.
First of all, you know Uranium is not a hack, right? It's made in Pokemon Essentials and RPGMaker XP, so to help with coding you'd need to become familiar with those tools. Spriting and design concepts probably translate well from hack to fangame.
Indeed, I do know the difference between rom hacks and games made from Pokemon Essentials and RPGMaker XP, as in Uranium's case. I have preivously downloaded Pokemon Essentials and RPGMaker XP to try it, but did not go beyond exploring its functions and capabilities. I am not familiar with RPGMaker personally, but I have experience using similar programmes, having designed and developed several games using GameMaker studios, Unity and so on. I am able to write simple program lines in them, but complicated codes such as handling arrays and in-depth functions are beyond me.
(09-23-2016, 11:12 AM)Iron Wrote: First of all, you know Uranium is not a hack, right? It's made in Pokemon Essentials and RPGMaker XP, so to help with coding you'd need to become familiar with those tools. Spriting and design concepts probably translate well from hack to fangame.

Pretty sure the only difficult part of working on this game is all the scripts and files. If he can learn Ruby, which he probably can because he doesn't look stupid, then he can do whatever he wants.
Yeah you'll be fine. : )