Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Possible items/counters for Pajay?
Thinking of writing a guide for Pajay. I've got its moveset, EVS and nature down, but am not sure of items that could benefit Pajay (other than, say, a Charti Berry to reduce its crippling weakness to Rock) or of some of its counters (e.g. is it able to take down Choice Scarf Nucleon fairly easy or does CS Nucleon tank a hit, then get faster, outspeed and one-shot Pajay?) Speaking of which, despite having read up on Smogon, I'm not fully sure as to the speed mechanic (Is a fully-invested base-100 speed Pokémon able to outspeed an uninvested base-110 speed Pokémon?)

Thoughts?
I've got a guide for Pajay in the works myself.  It's been a rough draft for quite awhile, but I've got a basic skeleton down.

Simply put, I mark it down as a glass cannon.  Can't really take a hit, hates Stealth Rock with a passion, has pretty good Special Attack and Speed.
(03-27-2018, 11:25 AM)AgentParadox Wrote: Thinking of writing a guide for Pajay. I've got its moveset, EVS and nature down, but am not sure of items that could benefit Pajay (other than, say, a Charti Berry to reduce its crippling weakness to Rock) or of some of its counters (e.g. is it able to take down Choice Scarf Nucleon fairly easy or does CS Nucleon tank a hit, then get faster, outspeed and one-shot Pajay?) Speaking of which, despite having read up on Smogon, I'm not fully sure as to the speed mechanic (Is a fully-invested base-100 speed Pokémon able to outspeed an uninvested base-110 speed Pokémon?)

Thoughts?

Heat Rock could be a great item for Pajay with Flash Fire (EDIT: When its added to the game), as it could switch into a Fire type like Inflagetah (well, maybe not them specially, but still), absorb a Flame Impact, and then set up Sun while shooting off what amounts to an 8X STAB on its Fire type moves, as STAB + Sunny Day + Flash Fire is a nasty combination nothing wants to take except Special Resistant walls. It even has Tailwind and a decent Speed/Sp. Atk tier to pull of a sweep if the condition are right, though Rock types like Theriamp and Astronite can still screw you over if they are packing their STABs. Fortunately Pajay gets Solar Beam/Steel Wing to deal with them if Necessary, though that means you are more easily walled by opposing Fire types if you don't go with a Flying STAB, and Roost could also be used over Tailwind if your are confidant they'll do fine without it and/or have a Baton Passer like Luxelong or Stenowatt to pass along Speed Boost/Sticky Web (When its working, that is). Decisions decisions!

Charcoal or Choice Specs is also nice too, if you want want your choice of limited firepower.

If a Nucleon is weaked by hazards or somehow tanked a hit, chances are a Strong attack will knock it over, especially if its physical, but the little green demon has such high S.Def and relativley good bulk that it may even survive a hit and retaliate, so make sure its either weakened or Pajay has a boost of some kind before directly engaging them (Has to have a CS and speed nature to outspeed the little devil, though). The same could be said for any other Pokemon fighting against it, of course, so this is more general advice than not, but still...

A Fully Invested Base 100 Speed Pokemon with a Speed Boosting Nature will outspeed an 110 Speed opponent that hasn't invested in it at all. Link to a calculate to do these sort of things yourself, if you are interested: https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
A Sun Stone is for evolution, don't you mean a Heat Rock, Windos?
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
A slide aside, I actually noted down Inflagetah as a counter to Pajay. Its higher speed and good solid attack, coupled with Pajay's poor physical bulk, plus Inflagetah's access to Thunder Fang, spells certain doom for Pajay. (Inflagetah can also allegedly learn Rock Slide through breeding, though it isn't listed as a TM on the wiki and I might have to test it myself, as I doubt the probability somewhat.)
(03-27-2018, 12:13 PM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: A Sun Stone is for evolution, don't you mean a Heat Rock, Windos?

Already corrected it, honey, but thanks for the reminder regardless! Doesn't change the fact its still not in the game and avaliable to the Player, though, which is baffling seeing how the rest bloody are! Game devs, could you PLEASE explain why this is the case? I mean, honestly, it could have easily been put in an cave or bought at the department store (like the rest of the stones, I might add), but not including it all but for NPC trainer is just plain backward upside reverse inverted....
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

(03-27-2018, 12:17 PM)AgentParadox Wrote: A slide aside, I actually noted down Inflagetah as a counter to Pajay. Its higher speed and good solid attack, coupled with Pajay's poor physical bulk, plus Inflagetah's access to Thunder Fang, spells certain doom for Pajay. (Inflagetah can also allegedly learn Rock Slide through breeding, though it isn't listed as a TM on the wiki and I might have to test it myself, as I doubt the probability somewhat.)

Thing is that Inflageteh isn't likely to carry Thunder Fang in linue of Sword Dance/Earthquake/Extreme Speed/Flame Impact (Or Rock Slide in place of ES if you are right), but your point about its High Attack and Pajay's terrible Defense is pretty spot on, especially if it has a SD Boost up! Still, with a Focus Sash it might be possible to survive a hit if SR isn't out and use Air Slash or something to murder it, as I doubt it runs any bulk investments to tank a strong Special Attack well, but that's niche counter at best, so yeah....

(03-27-2018, 11:58 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote: I've got a guide for Pajay in the works myself.  It's been a rough draft for quite awhile, but I've got a basic skeleton down.

Simply put, I mark it down as a glass cannon.  Can't really take a hit, hates Stealth Rock with a passion, has pretty good Special Attack and Speed.

That's a pretty good analysis. Perhaps we could co-operate somehow?
(03-27-2018, 12:26 PM)AgentParadox Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 11:58 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote: I've got a guide for Pajay in the works myself.  It's been a rough draft for quite awhile, but I've got a basic skeleton down.

That's a pretty good analysis. Perhaps we could co-operate somehow?

I'd be happy to!  If ya want to PM me what you have so far, I'll PM you my rough draft, and we can discuss some of the specifics of the sets.
(03-27-2018, 12:31 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote: I'd be happy to!  If ya want to PM me what you have so far, I'll PM you my rough draft, and we can discuss some of the specifics of the sets.

I have yet to actually physically put anything down, but I'll make sure to do so once I have something down.