Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pokemon Uranium Battle Simulator - now online!
WOHOOO! FINALY GONNA TEST MY MOST POWERFULL COMBINATIONS!
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(06-15-2018, 06:57 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Built a team in the Sim, but I can't seem to get the system to recognize that I actually did so, as all the teams I have available is 'Untitled Team' . It also says I'm not connected to the sever. Are you having the same problems as me, Dragonstrike?

Yeah, it's down again.  But that's because they are/have been working on it some more!

When it's actually running, btw, you can rename teams by clicking 'untitled team' in the upper left corner, above the list of pokemon. And use that Save button often.

The plan is apparently for the sim to replace the online battles entirely in the future, and to have a pokemon selection based entirely off of what you breed in game (to encourage actual gameplay) rather than have it be a true simulator.  Sounds a lot better to me than the buggy mess of Uranium's current online battles.  You'll even be able to save replays!
(06-15-2018, 08:23 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 06:57 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Built a team in the Sim, but I can't seem to get the system to recognize that I actually did so, as all the teams I have available is 'Untitled Team' . It also says I'm not connected to the sever. Are you having the same problems as me, Dragonstrike?

Yeah, it's down again.  But that's because they are/have been working on it some more!

When it's actually running, btw, you can rename teams by clicking 'untitled team' in the upper left corner, above the list of pokemon.  And use that Save button often.

The plan is apparently for the sim to replace the online battles entirely in the future, and to have a pokemon selection based entirely off of what you breed in game (to encourage actual gameplay) rather than have it be a true simulator.  Sounds a lot better to me than the buggy mess of Uranium's current online battles.  You'll even be able to save replays!

Oh well, guess that is the way the cookie crumbles. Let the waiting resume....

Thanks for the info!

….That actually sorta kills my hopes for comp for me, since I like the aspects of true simulators taking out all the tedious breeding and grinding for the right Pokémon and simply focusing on battling. Its still a marked improvement over the current system, but its not one I find all to friendly to people who just want to get right to battling without faffing about with the main campaign/breeding/training or begging breeders to give them several legs up. That, and you can't create nearly as many teams if they are directly based on the Pokémon you got, so flexibility goes straight out of the window too....
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(06-15-2018, 08:37 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: ….That actually sorta kills my hopes for comp for me, since I like the aspects of true simulators taking out all the tedious breeding and grinding for the right Pokémon and simply focusing on battling. Its still a marked improvement over the current system, but its not one I find all to friendly to people who just want to get right to battling without faffing about with the main campaign/breeding/training or begging breeders to give them several legs up. That, and you can't create nearly as many teams if they are directly based on the Pokémon you got, so flexibility goes straight out of the window too....

Well, I think the idea is present because the online in the actual game is all kinds of messed up, and it might not ever be quite right.

I wouldn't complain if it stayed as is with the option to sync your existing pokemon (when they get that working) while still retaining the option to simulate them.  However, I can understand why they'd be inclined to remove the simulation aspect alltogether (encourages breeding in the actual game and collecting those one-time mystery gifts).  Both methods have their pros and cons.  *shrug*
Hey, how’s this project working now? Not meant to haste, but I’ve just been wondering how this new exciting project is moving. Currently, it won’t connect most of the time, and even if it did, no one is found for battle.
After the server gets stable, it should get rid of user limitation : Very few player would be found with it.

Online ID:232277
I'm Japanese and not a English speaker, sorry for bad grammars, spellings etc.
This project sounds interesting and I might give it a try if my laptop quits being such a *beep* *beep* and works already.
[Image: 7V2sBYC.png]
@Lord Windos

I have some good news concerning the sim! It seems the plan is for generating mons on the spot to remain being a thing that can be done after all. One of the battle formats they're going to have will be import only, though.
That 'import only' format is actually something I'd appreciate, as me - and I bet a package of cookies that several other people as well - have put work into breeding and training some Pokemon with the intention to have them battle competitively.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(06-20-2018, 10:23 AM)Dragonstrike Wrote: @Lord Windos

I have some good news concerning the sim!  It seems the plan is for generating mons on the spot to remain being a thing that can be done after all.  One of the battle formats they're going to have will be import only, though.

Huh....sounds fine with me! Just a plain battle sim for most, and a place where breeders or the odd player can use their own Pokémon from their playthroughs to have a very merry time! Wonder how tournies will work in the end, though...
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
(06-20-2018, 01:05 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: Huh....sounds fine with me! Just a plain battle sim for most, and a place where breeders or the odd player can use their own Pokémon from their playthroughs to have a very merry time! Wonder how tournies will work in the end, though...

We've been talking about this a little on the UCC Discord (activity has picked up again since the sim is looking pretty good).  Some tourneys might require participants to use the Import only feature, for example.

The sim is also somewhat stable atm (yet still incomplete, obviously), so if ya want to make a simple team that fits all the beta restrictions (ie uses none of the things that aren't implemented in the sim yet, such as Megas and Uranium exclusive moves/abilities), it is possible to get a battle going and finish it.  I made a team earlier and didn't experience any interrupted connections with the server while doing so!  (Note: you might have to boot up Uranium again to get a new battle ID)

The estimated time they think it will take to finish adding in all the missing stuff is around a month or so.