Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Game] Lord Windos' PokeRole Adventure: Celadon City Vandel
(10-13-2018, 01:58 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:

"Given how much things have spiraled out of control in the last few months, and how just about everyone who had something positive to say about the NRF is likely dead, I'm honestly not sure how much the government might want to rely on nuclear energy in the future.  Tandor's had enough problems with the stuff as it is.  As for whoever shut themselves in the med ward...we could go fetch 'em before we leave, I suppose.  However, that means exploring the building and looking for a level 3 key card...or busting down the door on the way out and potentially attracting the attention of whatever nasty critters are still in here anyways.  I highly doubt they'll come out on their own.  And then there'd be the matter of explaining why Mew is here to them as well if we go and fetch them..."
(10-13-2018, 03:22 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

"But.....that was all due to malicious interference from the demon that initiated the containment breach, not......not nuclear energy itself. If....If things had remained secure and under control, we all could have revolutionized it and made it more safe than.......*Sighs*. ......You are most likely right, though. No matter how much my and this institution's research could have benefited all of Celadon, mankind......nobody will ever give Nuclear energy the chance it deserves. *Mutters* Nobody of good repute, anyway. So.....blowing up the NRF......perhaps its the best decision in the end. An extreme course of action......but.....sometimes that is what's needed in circumstances dire as these....."

Alexandria appeared to visibly deflate as she conceded to your points, looking more crushed than ever at having to admit that Nuclear research, and by extension her own impassioned and hard efforts to advance it, had all gone up in smoke. If was an almost a disheartening sight, even it was also a slightly bizarre one given how.....uniquely swole they were. You were a hardened criminal with your troubles a mile wide and deep, however, so her despondence would hardly be impactful, unless you indulged her for one reason or another.

She doesn't go silent just yet, raising her head to give you a weary yet resolute stare.

".....*Sighs* I still believe we should try to drag whomever locked themselves in the Clinc, though. Damnable as their actions were, I can.......understand why they did them. They were......trying to ensure their survival, like everyone else trapped in this now irradiated den of monster. And even though I so very, very much want them to suffer for....for all the tragedy they enabled.....I just don't have it in me to leave them to die here. Nor do I want to be anything like them or the fiend that is responsible for all of.....all of this. *Beat* .....If you have a spare Key Card on you.....I could......jury rig upgrade its clearance to Level 3. It'll only work once, before the system detects its fradulent nature and blocks it, but.....it should work in opening those blast doors. ......Don't ask how I can do this. It's......a story I don't wish to share."

Huh.....how convenient! Guess this animorphic scientist either has a bit of a shady past, or picked up a trick or two while working in the NRF. Either way, the party has an easy way to get into the Clinic now, so that is good news regardless!
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Member of Team PUNishment. Pun-pare for Struggle, make it Double Team!

Heart Phantom is my OTP~ Heart

Online ID: 000650
Arial was taping the floor with his feet impatience to Reiner/@Dragonstrike finish his conversation with the person inside. Until he finally sight then say to Lindoworm. "I gonna take a nap Lindworm since Reiner its taking a lot of time to finish up that conversation. Awake me if something important happens." Then Arial put his head in Melchior furr and easily take his well deserved nap. He did not snore this time, since it is pretty dangerous, but he was very much tempt to do that since he is bored for quite a lot of time, and he would like have some action to go. "Damn you Reiner. Why you are taking so long to finish things there? We still have a lot of things to do." Comment Arial before go to nap.
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(10-13-2018, 08:56 PM)Lord Windos Wrote:

(Yes, how convenient indeed...how weirdly convenient, in fact, given that that particular skill could have saved her and her friends a lot of grief if they'd managed to find any key card at all and sneak through a single corridor to reach the nearby med ward to give whoever's inside what for...but you won't hear any complaints from me about this oddly convenient plot device obviously designed to make things easier ;P )

"I've got a Level 2 key card on hand.  Arial and Lindworm have a Level 1 one.  Easy enough to use one of the two for this.  And it's not like we'll need either of them more than once anyways if Mew's gonna blow this place sky high."

A pause.

"...well, there are other things we could discuss now, but it's probably better to save them for later when we're not in an incredibly hostile environment.  Let's just make sure we get out of this alive, first of all.  The yard and the way out through the corridors should hopefully still be relatively clear.  Think we scared off most of the local wildlife in those areas on our way in.  Well, minus whatever huge creature is lurking in the corridor opposite this one from the lobby's perspective...and the huge number of monstrosities hanging out in the nearby cafeteria still...hopefully they mind their own business so long as we leave them alone..."

Another pause.

"...ah, but before I forget...I need to introduce Lindworm to Mew as well...actually, thinking about it, there might be a way to get around whoever's in the med ward learning about Mew, provided they only think they're imagining things...or unconscious when the explosion happens...hmmm..."

Mostly thinking to himself, but eh.  In any case, the bulk of the needed conversation with Alexandria at this current point in time is done.  I think.  I don't think I've forgotten anything, anyways...
(10-16-2018, 06:34 PM)Spiritmon Wrote:

Lindworm could only stare at you with an odd mixture of aghast disbelief and begrudged disappointment as you and Melchior laid up against the wall for a brief nap. He was aware before that you weren't the most.......traditionally mannered individual, but the more he stuck around and got to know you, the more he began regretting letting Reiner bring you alone. If his bodyguard couldn't be expected to behave in a professional manner in a death trap such as the NRF, even if they show abnormal Skill an synergy with his Pokemon in battle, then how can they be relied upon? Yes, you had your moments of overwhelming competence and proper maturity, but he just wished that a constant, rather than........this behavior. *Sighs*....

From your perspective, however, what you were doing was perfectly reasonable AND a good thing, as surviving through a Nuclear Disaster taught you to take whatever down time you got to rest and recover. Neither Reiner nor his fellow exile would understand THAT, given how high strung both of them were in their own ways, but then again, you probably didn't care all to much about their opinions on your behavior to begin with. So sod it to them! Time to get some Zs while you could! Zzzzzzzzz.........

.......................Sleeping on the job I take it, Schrodinger ? Hardly surprising to me, but I'd expected you not to grow tired enough yet to call upon the Sand Woman's Aid!  Is that world weary Will of yours more foopish and weak spirited than I first thought, or can you no longer amused yourself to stay Alert in this quant den of terrors you're in? 

You find yourself in the ever so quaintly familiar void once more, as if you never left it in the first place. More the pity for you, perhaps, but there's no denying its more the merrier for myself, hehehehehe!

My twin glowing yellow irisis shine through the Darkness of my domain, as I regarded you with no small amount of amusement and......a certain expectations, let's call it.

So we find ourselves in each other's company once more, Arial! Did you miss me, dear little fool? Did your heart grow fonder of me during my abscene, and yearn for my most prestigious, umbral embrace? 

Come now, speak up! No need to be so coy~ 

Nothing? Cat got your tongue, hm? Which one, I wonder? Hehehehehehe.......no matter, no matter. I'm not here to hear you heartfelt confession to me, regretably.

Suddenly, you were right up before and directly underneath my gaze, and for the first time you could see my wonderful grin. Oh, how darling you appear like this....

No, I've come bearing good news and a helpful suggestion, from your's truly. A wonderful boon for you, wouldn't you say?

Exactly! For brevity's shake, let me speak quickly and plainly, and then I'll let you get back to your ever so important duty. First, a certain spirit for beyond has told me you desire to reverse the little cockroach Riza that you've become so infautated with. As it turns out, I can render such a service for you, dear little fool! How wonderful~! Like any other service, though, such comes with a cost, and a extraordinary miracle such as you wish has quite the high one. But don't despair, for I am rather willing to negotiate such a price later! God's good fortune indeed, eh? Hehehehe.....

Anyhow, once your mission at the NRF is done, come to this location at your convenience, and I will discuss the finer details. Make sure you bring the dear scuttlebug with you too, for a matter such as this one most definitely requires her presense and input! I'll be waiting, but don't keep me in suspense for too long now, heheheheheHA!

On to the second point! Arial, soon your grave boss will be finished speaking with the woman - her name is Alexandria, in case you're wondering - that has been......passing her time in the little safe zone she and her friend managed to cobble together. And sooner or later, he'll be asking for the return of your Cursed Arm to dispose of. When that time comes, give it to him without complaint. I'll even reward you for doing so, since I'm such a generous god of darkness! As for why......well, you'll find out. No more spoilers for you, I'm afraid~

My voice took on a teasing lint that had the unncaniest recognition for you, but you can't determine exactly why that is the case. What do it mean, oh what does it mean? Who know, and maybe you'll never  know! Hehehehehe.....!

And...... that's all I have to say for now! Time for your sweet dreams to end then, Schrodinger! See you later, Feraligator.

You wake up with a gasp and violent shudder, prompting your evergreen brother to look up from his watch and eye you with curiousity and mild concern. You check your phone for the time, and notice that not even 5 minutes have passed since you first took your nap. And yet, you feel fully rested and energized, despite its brevity. Huh....
Strange, isn't it? Hehehehehe.......
Like the wind, I come and go as I please... but I am always there to provide a comforting breeze.

Flashback!

Arial shrive in that darkness place. No matter how much times its pass, this place still give him chills of gelid fear. When that bright eyes, and grin appear from the darkness, Arial could not avoid walk a few back steps and fall in the ground. He gulp and try to find some sort of strengh in that alien fear he is experience now. "Well...uh, sorry if I dont have much words to say much Sir Volric." Arial then finally stand up, still fearing the living darkness, and being careful in all of his words. "I was just resting after so many death traps in the Nuclear Factory. Be almost kill by nuclear rodents, almost have my soul hex by a vengeful Gengar and fighting a large group of Nuc-Zubats, N-Gobats and N-Crobat its not easy. Reiner indeed take his time in conversation...but I cant denied you are right. Even with two steel-types, and Lindworm watch, I should more careful...so thank you." 

Arial then look around the dark place. "I was in fact curious when we would meet again, and call me crazy, but was curious too in talk with you face to face. Literally I guess now. Couldnt proper thank you for bringing back to life. So thank you." Arial give a respectful bow to Volric. When he say he could make Riza become human, Arial did a double take and see once again Volric with a happy face but a more content enthusiasm. "Thats...thats wonderful news indeed! Well, I still need to ask Riza if its her wish in become human, but I will sure bring her here. But how I do to...enter in contact with you sir again? Did I need to make some sort of ritual or...?"

When the giant darkness mentioned give Tobias to Reiner, Arial touch the gun in his belt and sight a bit. "Welp, its not like I could stop Reiner in taking the gun anyway. He is a lot stronger than me anyway. And have lots of abilities of combat, and a Cursed Arm with 100% of accuracy. One shot, one kill. And of course a Legendary on his side. And my boss too, so how can I denied him for trying? But thank you for warn me once again. And sorry for any trouble I may have caused to you...The last thing I would like to do is anger you."

Arial its not completely out of fear, but if there is something he learn as a madman is to always adapt depending in the situation. He already extraordinary things in his life, and see a god of darkness as much scary and powerfull, Arial have learn to adapt.

Flashback End!

Arial abrupt awoke after such strange dream have happen. He stare the phone for a few minutes then finally stand up and return to Lindworm side. "Thinking better, perhaps napping in such dangerous place its not the most smart or wise idea. We could be ambush by nuclear pokemon. Sorry for that Lindworm, I only still impatience to get back into action and kick a few nuc-butts. I pay a drink or two to you when this over as payback for my imaturity."
Kogeki currently ability to active in battles: Anticipation.
(10-18-2018, 09:31 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

(Well, considering that at the time the halls were swarming with savage Corrupt Nuclear Pokemon, and they had no Pokemon and hardly any combat experience, going out and hunting for a Key card to convert would have be more suicidal than the actual suicide they committed. Just because you have a Skill doesn't mean it can be used, you know? That, and as the DM, I can introduce any Plot Device I want if it speeds up the story any!)

The bullish woman looked relieved at the mention of spar Keycards aplenty, but frowned anxiously when you so boldly declared your intention to Psychically nuke the place with the pink panther's assistance. She accepts that its pretty much the most logical course of action to take on such a hopeless, hellish place as the NRF is right now, but that doesn't mean she's comfortable with the idea of it just being......erased like so.

Her expression contorted to one of hesitation yet hopefulness at the opportunity to finally escape the refuge turn morgue and NRF altogether, Bringing up the various remaining radioactive abomination that potentially could litter the hall like the mangled corpses in them, however, brought the horribleness of the situation crashing straight down like a lead anvil.

"Ah.......how...how.....fortunate indeed. Let.....let us make haste to the Clinic then, and drag......whomever is in there out with us before......before those creature begin to prowl the....the halls again. A-After you please sir."

If you are trying to intimidate her into compliance, your doing an excellent job of it! Otherwise, your people skills could use a little work on!

The pink panther had nothing to say concerning her imminent reveal to Lindworm other than a slightly aggrieved but accepting *Hmm.....* (Nor did Alexandria, for that matter), but had this to say about the fate of the Clinc's occupant:

'Hmm....If you still have those drugs you swiped from that Druggie, you could knock the Clinic's stowaway out with those, if you don't mind the potential pharmacological consequences they'll have on their. The Injector you stole off Archie so long ago is still filled with enough doses Sleeping agents to put them asleep for awhile, though for how long remains to be seen. Otherwise, you'll either have to Faint them, or reveal my existence and persuade them to leave with you, and I believe you know which option I would prefer by now. I will leave that decision to you, though, as I have to prepare for......that , and therefore don't have the time to argue or debate about it. In other words, get all this business finished expediently, so I can begin mine.'

And with that, all those conversation should be wrapped up! When you are ready, you can exit the room with Alexandria (after dosing her with a Few Iodine Tablet to counteract the Rads) , have an optional chat with Lindworm (I can auto it, if you want), an optional one with Arial (can't auto that), get going to the Clinic to oust its seemingly callous residents, then get the hecky out of the NRF with everyone to 'safely' scorch it from the earth! Simple......you hope!

(10-19-2018, 10:35 PM)Spiritmon Wrote:

The excommunicated acolyte looked rather taken aback by your sudden awakening and just as prompt change in attitude, staring at you through the red lenses of his Elite Riot Gear Helmet with unseen but still apparent surprise. He then brought a fist up to cough into it, and nodded back to you, his composure now fully regained.

"Thank you, and I understand. I don't indulge in alcohol myself, though, but the gesture is appreciated none the less, and I ask for no repayment for your past.....actions. Just....hold yourself more properly here for now on, Arial."

(10-19-2018, 11:16 PM)Lord Windos Wrote: If you are trying to intimidate her into compliance, your doing an excellent job of it! Otherwise, your people skills could use a little work on!

And with that, all those conversation should be wrapped up! When you are ready, you can exit the room with Alexandria (after dosing her with a Few Iodine Tablet to counteract the Rads) , have an optional chat with Lindworm (I can auto it, if you want), an optional one with Arial (can't auto that), get going to the Clinic to oust its seemingly callous residents, then get the hecky out of the NRF with everyone to 'safely' scorch it from the earth! Simple......you hope!

Intentionally?  Nah.  But nobody said Reiner was a people person while on the job.

Now then...I'm fine with autoing the conversation concerning Alexandria and Mew with Lindworm for expediency.  Think that's pretty much hashed out enough as is.  Alexandria can have 3 Iodine Tablets to max out her resistance to Rads.  Only really need 2 to get her out, but hey, if we're not going to be using them after this, might as well give her a little more peace of mind...

As for Arial...well, Reiner will leave Frosslad out in the corridor with Lindworm and Alexandria for a little extra protection/assurance while he has a little chat with Arial in that lab...Reiner doesn't say much to the madman in the corridor besides, "Arial.  Need to talk with you.  Alone.  Now."  Reiner doesn't look very amused.  (Given the circumstances, that chat isn't exactly super duper optional, so let's get it over with, shall we, @Spiritmon?)
(10-19-2018, 11:49 PM)Dragonstrike Wrote:

Indeed! Sometime, one can't help being terrifying when the truth is just that bad.

Lindworm is obviously GREATLY surprised at the existence of Mew and Alexandria status, and is almost left sputtering by your plans to nuke the NRF with Genesis Supernova. He's able to get over and accepted the former researcher's hybrid status once that is 'explained' (and left horrified and fascinated by the whole ordeal) , but he's initially VERY reserved about that and the devastation/ramifications it would cause. Well, until Mew summoned herself and stared him down, which both shocked and unnerved him to his core, before she bluntly told him that this plan was her  will and within her duties as The Progenitor, and that she would uphold it no matter what

This gets him to change his tune rather quickly to fully supporting the plan easily, though its clear its only that case because Mew 'persuaded' (read: Intimidated and used the Mythic Worship against him) him. Despite it all, he expresses that verbally and not that he's glad that raid on the NRF will be concluded , and it won't endanger anyone for much longer, even if he finds the method by which to make that so.......drastic. So, overall Lindworn won't have issue/raise to many unwanted questions over Alexandria OR Operation Fuck the NRF With Vigorous Force!