Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Game Corrupted?
Exclamation 
Hello and good morning. I have just recently downloaded (recently being about 3 weeks ago) the new patch for Pokémon Uranium. First I would like to say that this game is amazing and incredibly in depth with story line, pokemon, animation and the glorious visuals.

However, after downloading the new patch, my game started to act a little funny. It started slow at first, casually having pop-ups that said "There was a problem receiving the script" or just things along those lines. Now this morning, after I had saved last night, I started my computer and loaded up Pokémon Uranium. It couldn't even get through the opening cutscene before it stopped entirely, and a pop up said "End of running script". I have no clue what this means, but I clicked "OK", which I had to do several times and it brought up the sentence saying that the game was corrupted and that I could start a new one. Is there a fix for this so I don't lose me data?

I originally started playing back in what I believe was 2015 when this was first released, so I have a Luxor as well as two starters in my team, (Raptorch and Eletux), due to the having to start a new save because of the update that was released when I wasn't internet connected, but was allowed to keep my former pokemon. I would love to be able to keep my party and the data I have already put into the game if possible. If I have to delete the folder I have for it to redownload I will, I just don't want to lose my data.
Hmm, have you tried redownloading the newest patched version from the reddit thread already (found here)? This is known to solve a variety of problems and it doesn't affect the RXDATA-file = the save file in any way. It still doesn't hurt to back it up on an USB flash drive, and external harddrive, Google Drive and so on to avoid lost progress. Let us know whether it worked.
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`
(11-05-2018, 10:25 AM)PhantomUnderYourDesk Wrote: Hmm, have you tried redownloading the newest patched version from the reddit thread already (found here)? This is known to solve a variety of problems and it doesn't affect the RXDATA-file = the save file in any way. It still doesn't hurt to back it up on an USB flash drive, and external harddrive, Google Drive and so on to avoid lost progress. Let us know whether it worked.

Unfortunately, I had to ultimately delete the folder I had and redownload the entire thing from scratch using the link you sent. However, it still comes up sometime saying "End of script". Not sure how to fix that. I did end up losing my save data, super sad face. Ultimately, I'm starting a new file, and it will not allow me to use my old save file as nothing is found for obvious reasons. Hopefully I can find someone to trade so I may get back the Luxor I lost, along with some others I lost. Thank you for the help Phantom.
Ah, lost save files always tend to make me sad myself... Maybe as a last resort you could try contacting ReeNormies (L [Unknown Entity#0001] on Discord) to find out what has been causing such an End-of-Script error.

Concerning trying to get an exemplar of the 'Mons you lost, tell what you'd like to have, me and more forum dwellers should hopefully be able to help in that. ^^
"Anything can be art. Anything can be self-expression. Now take your weapon and run with it" [Gerard Way]
--Windos is my OTP ❤---
`❤★`°・:*:・。[Image: fgHY4]。・:*:・゚’★❤`